Sign in to follow this  
Hughesy

city fans at wembley!

I went to wembley yesterday. Saw and spoke to loads of city fans.

I was just wondering, did anyone else off the pinkun go down there?

I was there with 7 other Capital Canaries and our flag up in L block. The Midland Canaries flag was also on display in the North West corner. Will be back again on Wednesday.

Was there with Mrs Sid and a bunch of friends. Bumped into other City fans at the Travel Inn bar by Wembley Park station. (There was a guy working the bar there who was a binner, but we didn''t give him too much grief!!!) Then spoke to some on the escalator to the upper tier, saw the flags Matt referred to, chatted to yet more at half time, and also on the tube afterwards. Loads of City there.

All in all it was a great day. Back to the grind on Saturday!!!

[quote user="Hughesy"]

[/quote]

i Couldn''t make it in the end which was very disappointing and will not be able to go on Wednesday and i''m gutted but my son and a few of his mates are going and I''d imagine the usual lot from the Denmark pub will be there. I''m always amazed how many city fans go to England games both home and abroad, i remember bumping into a dozen or so waiting for a ferry in Italy to take them to Albania a few years back.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hughesy"]

[/quote]

i Couldn''t make it in the end which was very disappointing and will not be able to go on Wednesday and i''m gutted but my son and a few of his mates are going and I''d imagine the usual lot from the Denmark pub will be there. I''m always amazed how many city fans go to England games both home and abroad, i remember bumping into a dozen or so waiting for a ferry in Italy to take them to Albania a few years back.

[/quote]

I''m not an England regular at all, but I''m with you on this Arthur. Couldn''t quite believe how many we bumped into.

I was there, went on the coach, that was full, expect quite a few went down on the train, some more probably drove, rubbish compared to Carrow road :P (being serious it didn''t feel anywhere near as good when England scored as it does when Norwich, i think a lack of music doesn''t help)

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]I was there, went on the coach, that was full, expect quite a few went down on the train, some more probably drove, rubbish compared to Carrow road :P (being serious it didn''t feel anywhere near as good when England scored as it does when Norwich, i think a lack of music doesn''t help)
[/quote]

Agreed, the buzz of an England goal doesn''t match a last gasp winner for city. Having said that,away game Goals are pretty magic stuff due mainly to the travelling and relief of not wasting all your time and money without seeing a bloody goal!!

cant say i was impressed with wembley in an atmospheric way.obviously engineering wise its a beautiful ground, but i still dont love it as much as the wembley it replaced.that said. i went to torquay v ebbsfleet, 40,000 fans the atmosphere was excellentwent to england v czech republic, atmosphere was rubbish.

Agree with the comments about the atmosphere, thought it was very quiet on Saturday, although that may have been because it was just a friendly. 

I was there for the Stevenage v Kidderminster FA Trophy final 2 years ago, 53000 there that day and it was rocking.

I was there, 1st time since its been rebuilt. Amazing stadium, really impressed. Though I saw a Norwich Fan a few rows in front but his Green & Yellow hat turned out to be a South African one!

Atmosphere wasn''t great and I''m not sure if it was becasue it was a freindly and there were lots of Kids but I will never moan about late comers and early half timers at Carrow Road again. People all around me were up and down to the toilet and refreshment bars all game. One guys on our row arrived with his son on 44 mins and then left on 84! Whats the point!

Iwas there with my boy not far from the Capital Canaries,first time in the new Wembley and have too say that it is a fantastic stadium,shame about the atmosphere.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I was there with 7 other Capital Canaries and our flag up in L block. The Midland Canaries flag was also on display in the North West corner. Will be back again on Wednesday.[/quote]Talking of Norwich flags, anyone happen to be watching the Cricket yesterday - Strauss hit a six which landed directly underneath a rather large and lovely Norwich flag; made me smile.  [:)]

I went to the play off final last year in the hull end and it was amazing atmosphere and i thought if we ever went there it would be immense.

[quote user="jim blair"]No but going wednesday and looking forward to it[/quote]

I will also be going on Wednesday seeing as Wembley is not far from my uni!

Now do I wear my Norwich shirt to the game or not?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I was there with 7 other Capital Canaries and our flag up in L block. The Midland Canaries flag was also on display in the North West corner. Will be back again on Wednesday.[/quote]

Go to all England games home and away. Will have the privilege of being in Almaty in June. What plans have you made, Matt?

Oh sorry I forgot, you''re not a ''+'' member.......

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]

Go to all England games home and away. Will have the privilege of being in Almaty in June. What plans have you made, Matt?

[/quote]

I''ll be happily down the pub with a couple of pints and I''d say at least £1000 better off than you. I like my football, both club and country, but money doesn''t grow on trees and I like to spend the odd weekend doing other things. Fair play that you go to every game, but you don''t have to get all high and mighty about it.

surrey yellow you should support chelsea with your snidey oneupmanship . In one post you sum up just about everything that is wrong with football nowadays .

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Surrey yellow"]

[/quote]

I''ll be happily down the pub with a couple of pints and I''d say at least £1000 better off than you. I like my football, both club and country, but money doesn''t grow on trees and I like to spend the odd weekend doing other things. Fair play that you go to every game, but you don''t have to get all high and mighty about it.[/quote]

£1000!!! What idiot pulled that figure out of the air?

£750 all in I payed. That''s including visa, flights to Riga and 2 night stopover in luxury hotel and onward flights to Almaty and 3 nights accomodation there. I have to keep a reasonably tight budget you see, in order to be able to afford my trips to the Ukraine and South Africa.

I also like to spend the odd weekend doing other things. The London Marathon on April 26th being just one of them.

Edinburgh Marathon in May... Trip to vist family in Canada in June... Cologne Marathon in October...

Shall I go on???????????????? :-)

[quote user="pennywise "]surrey yellow you should support chelsea with your snidey oneupmanship . In one post you sum up just about everything that is wrong with football nowadays .[/quote]

Rock School summed up everyhting that was wrong with Lowestoft.

FACT

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I was there with 7 other Capital Canaries and our flag up in L block. The Midland Canaries flag was also on display in the North West corner. Will be back again on Wednesday.[/quote]

[/quote]Congratulations, you are an inspiration to all.

Try and go whenever possible to home games. Dont really go to the friendlies unless they are against good opposition as cant really afford to go to all the matches and sometimes watching england play in friendlies can be like watching paint dry. I went to the kazahkstan match and I think we are planning to go to the Croatia and maybe Andorra games if possible.

The fact is you go to the england games and you really do see very few of the glory hunter supporters from the liverools and man u''s and you get a hell of a lot of lower league supporters going. I dont know if they are city fans but getting the train back to norwich after the games you get alot of people on there.

And also I would love to go to England away games and im sure other people would aswell. But the fact is I and many people cannot afford it. I mean it is something like £70 just to join the + group and it must cost at least £500 alltogether to go to each game. Now fair enough you are lucky enough to be able to go but dont come on here critisizing people for not going away as we are not all super rich like you claim to be

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

Try and go whenever possible to home games. Dont really go to the friendlies unless they are against good opposition as cant really afford to go to all the matches and sometimes watching england play in friendlies can be like watching paint dry. I went to the kazahkstan match and I think we are planning to go to the Croatia and maybe Andorra games if possible.

The fact is you go to the england games and you really do see very few of the glory hunter supporters from the liverools and man u''s and you get a hell of a lot of lower league supporters going. I dont know if they are city fans but getting the train back to norwich after the games you get alot of people on there.

And also I would love to go to England away games and im sure other people would aswell. But the fact is I and many people cannot afford it. I mean it is something like £70 just to join the + group and it must cost at least £500 alltogether to go to each game. Now fair enough you are lucky enough to be able to go but dont come on here critisizing people for not going away as we are not all super rich like you claim to be

[/quote]

From memory I think it is £65 to join Englandfans+ for 2 years (worth every penny if you ask me). It all depends where England play. For a trip to Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona etc you should, providing you book early enough get flights and travel for under £150. Early bird gets the worm. I tend to not ''drink the city dry'' like some people claim to as I have to keep a fair amount saved up for future trips. Just spoke to my mate from Colchester recently who went to Norway for the U21 game and said he spent over £150 just on beer!!!!. Either rich or mad I''d say  Obviosuly the further afield games like Kazakhstan you are looking at £700+

[quote user="JimRoyle"]The thing that bugs me is all those empty seats in the first ten minutes or so of the second half - for heavens sake if you''ve paid 100 quid for a ticket the least you can do is make sure you see the whole game!
[/quote]

I gotta say I do regularly attend the home matches & this is the one thing that gets me too Jim. It''s always around the halfway line & middle tier. Prawn sandwhich brigade methinks.

Also, Surrey Yellow. Mate, just because we don''t want to upgrade to the ''+'' membership, doesn''t make us any less of a supporter than you. I''m afraid I won''t be suscribing to your views on this one. Although they are just that & you are entitled to them.

Slightly off the topic there, but I never see any Norwich fans (other than the one in my group I go with). The last time I saw a Norwich fan at an England match was vs Jamaica just before the World Cup in 2006 at Old Trafford.

The thing I like about international matches is all club allegiances get pushed to one side for 90minutes. I go with a Spurs fan, an Ipswich fan, a Palace fan & a fellow Canary. It''s what it''s all about if you ask me!

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]The thing that bugs me is all those empty seats in the first ten minutes or so of the second half - for heavens sake if you''ve paid 100 quid for a ticket the least you can do is make sure you see the whole game!
[/quote]

I gotta say I do regularly attend the home matches & this is the one thing that gets me too Jim. It''s always around the halfway line & middle tier. Prawn sandwhich brigade methinks.

Also, Surrey Yellow. Mate, just because we don''t want to upgrade to the ''+'' membership, doesn''t make us any less of a supporter than you. I''m afraid I won''t be suscribing to your views on this one. Although they are just that & you are entitled to them.

Slightly off the topic there, but I never see any Norwich fans (other than the one in my group I go with). The last time I saw a Norwich fan at an England match was vs Jamaica just before the World Cup in 2006 at Old Trafford.

The thing I like about international matches is all club allegiances get pushed to one side for 90minutes. I go with a Spurs fan, an Ipswich fan, a Palace fan & a fellow Canary. It''s what it''s all about if you ask me!

[/quote]

I thought about upgrading to Englandfans plus for this qualifying group but to be honest weren''t really any trips that appealed and i spend so much money and time trecking round the country watching Norwich I can''t really justify more weekends away spending a fortune. Plus I stopped going away after Euro 2000 which was a nightmare! I am increasingly enjoying the England games now Capello appears to have sorted us out but Norwich still my number 1!

Go to all the England home games though and the odd away trip and there are always lots of norwich fans around. I would say we are one of the better represented groups of fans that make up England''s support. Good groups always there from the Yarmouth Yellows, Capitals, Wisbech and various others.

And yes club allegiances do tend to get pushed aside although its always notable that one group of fans who always seem to trun up in their club shirts for England games (frowned upon generally) are the sc*m! The game at their place a few years ago was embarrassing as they were even chanting bluie army during the match!

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So someone who only goes to HALF of the games is as good a supporter who goes to ALL of the games?

I don''t think so....