Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

how can we trust worthy anymore?

a few weeks ago i started a thread about huckerby and knowing where to play him, im glad that i can now say that he is played in a sensible position! now for another thread hopefully not as controversial. HOW CAN WE TRUST WORTHY ANYMORE?
everybody says he will have money to spend in january but what about the signings made this season already? of 8 signed only TWO played yesterday so that should say he has made mistakes. lets assess whats gone on with them and we can only say charlton has been a successs, admittedly 2 are keepers who havent played but what about bentley and safri? why have someone on loan and pay his wages and not even have him on the bench? when is safri gonna play instead of holt?
i know for sure i dont trust him with money anymore how many of you feel the same?

[quote]a few weeks ago i started a thread about huckerby and knowing where to play him, im glad that i can now say that he is played in a sensible position! now for another thread hopefully not as controvers...[/quote]

We have got to back Worthington!!!!!!  He''s doing the best job he can under very difficult conditions.  Moaning about the manager won''t pull us out of the bottom 3

KEEP THE BLOODY FAITH!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]DD: Do I detect a slight rise in your blood pressure friend?, if so, welcome to the growing club.[/quote]

I was extremely annoyed last night Wiz (I''m only using the word "annoyed" because the mod''s wouldn''t upload what I really want to say!"   But to call for Worthington''s head is absolutely ridiculous.  There is no other word for it- Ridiculous.  This club needs stability.  We need to put our trust in the players and inparticular the management.  I know yesterday was very disappointing but we need to trust Nige.  I''m sure he''d be the first to admit he made mistakes yesterday.  But he doesn''t make them very often.  If you look who WBA are being linked with (Hoddle, Bryan Robson etc) I sure as hell know who''d I''d rather have!  Keep faith in Nige

Hold on a minute baldyboy, was you saying this when worthy got these players in at the start. We all thought at the start of the season that these were good signings how was he to know that some of these would not work out everyone can be wise after the event.

[quote]

DD: You know we usually agree with each other on most things.

But you just can''t keep on saying ''keep the faith'' all the time, its simply is not the right answer my friend.

Read my message signature. I believe it sums up my views on all the disappointment within the club at this time, sorry.

Baldboy

With the exceptions of the two Goalies I felt that Worthy''s preseason signings looked good, and I don''t recall any of our current contributors raise any doubts then !

The trouble is the wonderful talent of hindsight has now taken over the Forum, if the two Scandinavians had lived up to their merits we would be half way up the table by now. But unfortunately it transpired that they need lots of time to bed in, so in hindsight that was a luxury Nige couldn''t afford for a  newly promoted Div 1 club.

To answer the thread, Yes we can trust Worthy, he is learning the Premier trade like the rest are, I''m sure he has gained much experience from the last few months and it would be silly to lose him and to let that experience go to another club.

Spot on baldyboy! Not one of our summer signings is better than what we had at the club! Posters keep going on about the "captain of Denmark" coming good but it might not happen for example look at Roque Jnr. at Leeds last year.Keep the faith?? Get a life,the team is just not good enough its as simple as that and we are entitled after 10 years of away trips to Gresty Rd. etc to say so.Were you at yesterdays game DD? 

Here wew go again. The usual tired expressions from the rose spectacle wearing Worthington apologists. Keep the faith with Worthy after all he is the man who secured promotion for us. Realy? In my opinion promotion was secured for two main reasons. A large slice of luck and Greeno. To be honest how many of you left Carrow Road last season saying ''''How the hell did we win that?'''' How many times can you recollectl Worthy making inspired substitutions that have changed the game in our favour? Not many I''ll warrant. Come on you apologists wake up and smell the coffee.Look at the anti-Worthington arguments

• Worthingtons buys. Libra, Neilson, Rivers, Emblen, Abbey, Doherty, Jonson, Helveg. Need I go on. Yes he, or rather the fans ,bought Huckerby but I suppose that given the law of averages He was bound to get at least one right
  • Twelve league games gone plus several frendlies and the man still does not know hisbest starting eleven or formation. No wonder the team are playing like rank beginners. they are so confused that they simply do not know what is required of them.
  • His tactical nous is non existent. Witness his game plan and substitutions against 10 men Blackburn yesterday. Now why does Cardiff spring so readily to mind?
  • Why does he not give Safri his chance in midfield? Drury and Holt were terrible yesterday and not for te first time this season.
  • Bringing Henderson on. Say no more.

It is becoming obvious that our Premier League experiences have exposed both Worthington and most of his team as second rate and I''m afraid that the writing is on the wall for all to see and that message begins with a capitol R.

Yes Worthington and his coaching staff must go but please don''t let Delia bless her, pick his successor. Why? Well what are Rioch and Hamilon doing these days?

Keep the faith. What hackneyed humbug. No doubt the captain of the Titanic was uttering the same trite nonsence to the remaining crew and passengers as the ship went down.

Worthington out I say but it will not happen of course. With his improved contract it will be to expensive to dump him. Any one for the fizzy league next season?

Im not sure where I stand on this debate as although I realise another manager could get us going, having a stable club is also very important.

However, to say that just because we thought Worthy had made good signings that he it is not his fault they are performing is nonsence. We do not have access to numerous scouts, FA training courses or work with the City players day in day out. Worthy has made some poor signings with the money that he was given, why buy Doherty and Safri if you have no intention of playing them? It was obvious we needed a striker and it simply didn''t happen! Although Charlton was a great signing, that''s about it. Why can''t Worthy get the best out of Bentley? It is obvious that he was enjoying playing for the club, so why not play him?

What Dowie has said is that u need to believe in your players and trust them out on the pitch to do the job and I don''t believe Worthy has ever done that this season, and afta him declaring this morn that the players have no excuses, well if we were given the ball away why doesn''t he play someone who can pass the ball in the middle of the park (ie Mulryne). And why bring on Hendo a player who lacks influence on a game wen we needed to make every player count when an opposition has ten!

Whether Worthy should go or not, he should be told that at present no win in 12 is not good enuff and that he has to get the team playing to win, not playing not to lose.