Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Stay up and we receive £2.9 million!!

Yippee! How much of that tidy sum will we see allocated for transfer funds? Not much I would say. If we are relegated the windfall from the Football League is only £440,000.

If we stay up, it would be nice if the board took the attitude that they have at least £2 million to spend on players out of that pot. After all, that would be £2million they wouldn''t have had in their grasp as a result of relegation to the Third Division. That would leave nearly a million to throw into the black hole.

this is all due to the ''new deal'' with the beeb and sky.  it''s a good chunk of money but still pittance compared to the prem.

Most probably already budgeted for in essentials that are, ''Cutlery, Crystal, Carpets, Curtains, Concrete and Catering''......

Sorry to pee on your bonfire, but I think the £2,9 million figure they''re referring to is represented on Doncaster''s budget as ''Share of Football League distribution''. So in reality it''s only an increase of about 500k, and when you bear in mind that we''ve lost £2 million a year from the Turners it''s pretty obvious that the 500k will go towards plugging this hole in our finances.

It''s more worthwhile to consider what will happen if we go down. Instead of gaining 500k compared to Doncaster''s figures we''d lose a further £2million! Cue a mass clear-out methinks, and the way the transfer market is at the moment I can''t see that we''d make much of a profit on any of our contracted players. It really would be a team of youth-team players next season.

In this context it''s clear why Croft hasn''t signed a new contract: what we can offer him will vary massively depending on which division we''re in. So get off his back Wiz, you plonker. [:P]

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

Sorry to pee on your bonfire, but I think the £2,9 million figure they''re referring to is represented on Doncaster''s budget as ''Share of Football League distribution''. So in reality it''s only an increase of about 500k, and when you bear in mind that we''ve lost £2 million a year from the Turners it''s pretty obvious that the 500k will go towards plugging this hole in our finances.

It''s more worthwhile to consider what will happen if we go down. Instead of gaining 500k compared to Doncaster''s figures we''d lose a further £2million! Cue a mass clear-out methinks, and the way the transfer market is at the moment I can''t see that we''d make much of a profit on any of our contracted players. It really would be a team of youth-team players next season.

In this context it''s clear why Croft hasn''t signed a new contract: what we can offer him will vary massively depending on which division we''re in. So get off his back Wiz, you plonker. [:P]

[/quote]

FFS, what have I done now? get off who''s back and when?...............you''re attacking me on the wrong ruddy thread you prized plonker!

Jeez!   [:S]

We got £2.4m in 2007-2008 and still only had an affordable playing budget of £1.9m according to Doncaster.  It won`t make any difference if we stay up, but it`s definately a big part of what they`re terrified of if we go down imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

[/quote]

FFS, what have I done now? get off who''s back and when?...............you''re attacking me on the wrong ruddy thread you prized plonker!

[/quote]

Hey Wizzy,

I''m referring to the post you started this morning called ''Why hasn''t Croft signed a new contract?'' in which you state "fat boy, you''re replaceable ... bye!". You started the thread just this morning, remember? [8-)]

I''m not trying to attack you. I''m just trying to point out that the reason Croft hasn''t signed a contract is becuase if we get relegated we won''t be able to afford to offer him the decent money he''s entitled to as a top-end Championship player. It''s relevant to this thread because we''re talking about the financial consequences of relegation. Personally I don''t think that''s greedy, unreasonable or disloyal, I think it''s just common sense.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Wizzy,

I''m referring to the post you started this morning called ''Why hasn''t Croft signed a new contract?'' in which you state "fat boy, you''re replaceable ... bye!". You started the thread just this morning, remember? [8-)]

I''m not trying to attack you. I''m just trying to point out that the reason Croft hasn''t signed a contract is becuase if we get relegated we won''t be able to afford to offer him the decent money he''s entitled to as a top-end Championship player. It''s relevant to this thread because we''re talking about the financial consequences of relegation. Personally I don''t think that''s greedy, unreasonable or disloyal, I think it''s just common sense.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Yippee! How much of that tidy sum will we see allocated for transfer funds? Not much I would say. If we are relegated the windfall from the Football League is only £440,000.[/quote]That may sound like a big gulf but when you consider the rumoured £30-£40million for staying in the premiership it pales into insugnificance.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Most probably already budgeted for in essentials that are, ''Cutlery, Crystal, Carpets, Curtains, Concrete and Catering''......[/quote]

I wonder why you''ve left Cureton off that list. Is there a danger that it could lend some perspective?

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

I expect an abundance of loan players again next year. Wouldn''t it be lovely if we could return to a position of a maximum of two or three loanees in the squad?

[/quote]I think you need to stop taking the happy pills Phil. What in the world is a ''squad''? LOLOLOLOL

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Most probably already budgeted for in essentials that are, ''Cutlery, Crystal, Carpets, Curtains, Concrete and Catering''......[/quote]

I wonder why you''ve left Cureton off that list. Is there a danger that it could lend some perspective?

[/quote]High earning players with no input to the team are on Mr. Doncasters list of ''things to do''. There''s little likelihood of JC lining up for us in August he''s hardly a young ''un with improvement to come now is he?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

High earning players with no input to the team are on Mr. Doncasters list of ''things to do''. There''s little likelihood of JC lining up for us in August he''s hardly a young ''un with improvement to come now is he?
[/quote]

You''re obviously not good at picking up on cynicism Buckethead, either mine or Mello''s. However, on the positive side, having missed the point entirely, you are particularly adept at stating the obvious.

Dion Dublin=Legend stated: 

--------------------------------------------------------

DD = Legend,

£2m comes from TV. while playing in The Championship. In addition we use to get about £400k - £500k from the Premiership relating to where we finished in The Championship. Although the teams who finished in the bottom half of The Championship use to get the same amount (i.e. the £400k - £500k). Are you saying that this amount has been increased by £500k per season?