Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Southampton in administration ? ? ? ?

I wonder if ND will actually be able to vote at next week''s League meeting (should a vote actually be necessary) on the grounds that he''s got a conflict of interest?

I thought they said yesterday that no-one from the Championship would be entitld to vote for that reason.  Though the people they listed who would vote were mainly from League One, who to my mind presumably have a vested interest in the penalty being imposed next season, since Southampton might be in their division then.

[quote user="mr carra"]I thought they said yesterday that no-one from the Championship would be entitld to vote for that reason.  Though the people they listed who would vote were mainly from League One, who to my mind presumably have a vested interest in the penalty being imposed next season, since Southampton might be in their division then.[/quote]

You''re right, I''ve just found this.

With the Championship members of the Football League Board being obliged to refrain from voting on one of their own, the decision on Southampton''s fate will therefore rest with four people - Lorraine Rogers of Tranmere Rovers, Tony Kleanthous of Barnet, Peter Powell of Colchester and the Board''s independent director, Ian Ritchie.

The administrator has just admitted everything is inextricably linked between SLH and Southampton FC, therefore surely the 10 point deduction should apply despite the ins and outs.

On sky sports news it now says on the breaking news the administrator says that the future of Southampton football club is now in jeopardy. Obviously now the parent company are in administration Southampton fc need to find a buyer and I really do wonder who wants to take over a company who are over £30M in debt and are struggling to pay any of the money back. I really would not be suprised if Southampton FC sease to exist in the future.

As i mentioned earler I really dont think they should be allowed to get away with this one. Leeds exposed a loophole in the system a couple of years ago and still got points deducted. I think the league need to do the same for the saints

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

On sky sports news it now says on the breaking news the administrator says that the future of Southampton football club is now in jeopardy. Obviously now the parent company are in administration Southampton fc need to find a buyer and I really do wonder who wants to take over a company who are over £30M in debt and are struggling to pay any of the money back. I really would not be suprised if Southampton FC sease to exist in the future.

As i mentioned earler I really dont think they should be allowed to get away with this one. Leeds exposed a loophole in the system a couple of years ago and still got points deducted. I think the league need to do the same for the saints

[/quote]

I very much suspect they are hoping NU will re-negotiate the debt in order to make the company more attractive to any potential buyers.

firstly, if southampton go into administration they will have points deducted for next season, secondly i dont want them to get a points deduction this season. i want norwich to stay up on merit, not relying on points deductions for other teams

[quote user="UEA Canary"]firstly, if southampton go into administration they will have points deducted for next season, secondly i dont want them to get a points deduction this season. i want norwich to stay up on merit, not relying on points deductions for other teams[/quote]

Firstly you are incorrect. If they go into admin this season then the league will decide whether the points are deducted this season or next season but the likelihood is that if they finish in the bottom 3 it will be next season but if they finish outside the bottom three the points would be deducted this season.

Secondly I agree that would be much better for us to simply stay up on merit. Having said that relegation would be so disastrous for us that I will take any help we can get!

Teletex page 574, Southampton plc have gone into administration,part of the debt,£24m, is owed to Norwich Union, that they borrowed to build the new stadium. They are looking for a buyer for the football club as it would be a "good investment" for someone.

Go onto Southampton''s website its go a good Q and A section, there''s an interesting bit involving there season tickets, there not going on sale for next years season cos they don''t know if they will be about. They are well and truly in the brown stuff!

to be honest it is sad really , i dont hold alot of hope for them as we have been looking for a buyer for a long time now .

but , if they do have thier points deducted this season it would be helpfull , yet i like everyone would like to see us stay up through our own hard work and merit.

but if push comes to shove , and norwich stayed up by default , maybe serious lessons will be learnt for norwich this season

[quote user="singing canary"]i dont hold alot of hope for them as we have been looking for a buyer for a long time now .[/quote]Southampton have been looking for a long time too. In fact, Marcus Evans looked at both them and Leicester before opting for Ipswich!

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[quote user="mr carra"]I thought they said yesterday that no-one from the Championship would be entitld to vote for that reason.  Though the people they listed who would vote were mainly from League One, who to my mind presumably have a vested interest in the penalty being imposed next season, since Southampton might be in their division then.[/quote]

With the Championship members of the Football League Board being obliged to refrain from voting on one of their own, the decision on Southampton''s fate will therefore rest with four people - Lorraine Rogers of Tranmere Rovers, Tony Kleanthous of Barnet, Peter Powell of Colchester and the Board''s independent director, Ian Ritchie.

[/quote]

Could these possibly be the same or similair group that so capably sorted out the Tevez/Man.Utd issue last season ?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]On TalkSport this morning with the blue nose Brazil, it was said that it was their Parent Company that was in trouble so they would avoid the points deduction!  Very fishy![/quote]

So another back door Administration is being tried.

The figures in the 2008 - 2009 Interims (not yet published) probably look bad.

I hope he is busying himself setting up the fig leaf parent holding company for the football club. It''ll never wash, will it? 

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[/quote]

Could these possibly be the same or similair group that so capably sorted out the Tevez/Man.Utd issue last season ?

[/quote]No. That was the Premier League board, this is the Football League.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]firstly, if southampton go into administration they will have points deducted for next season, secondly i dont want them to get a points deduction this season. i want norwich to stay up on merit, not relying on points deductions for other teams[/quote]

Firstly you are incorrect. If they go into admin this season then the league will decide whether the points are deducted this season or next season but the likelihood is that if they finish in the bottom 3 it will be next season but if they finish outside the bottom three the points would be deducted this season.

Secondly I agree that would be much better for us to simply stay up on merit. Having said that relegation would be so disastrous for us that I will take any help we can get!

[/quote]

Assuming Southampton FC actually also goes into Administration, firstly, the points wont be deducted now in any event. If Southampton actually finish in the bottom three they are automatically relegated and the points are deducted next season. If Southampton finish outside the bottom three, then the ten points are deducted from their final total and if this puts them in the bottom three (which is highly likely) then they are relegated anyway.