Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

alan green

i`m listening to 606 and finding this bloke really annoying, he`s a crap commentator and a crap phone in host, neil adams is a bloody legend compared to this idiot...

I always listen to him wondering why he''s paid as a commentator when all he does is give his opinion. I don''t want to know what his opinion about the ref, the state of petulance/finances/foreign players and owners in the game is, I want to know what''s going on on the field!

He''s still an improvement on the woeful Clive Tylsley and David Pleat on ITV.  They are quite simply the worst commentary team I''ve ever had the misfortune to listen to.

I had the misfortune to listen to Alan Green and Mark Lawrenson''s commentary in the car for about 15 minutes (just after Crouch had scored) - it was absolutely woeful! Alan Green whined and whinged in his usual over-opinionated fashion, complaining and moaning the whole way through about nearly every element of the game.

It was much like sitting in the City Stand actually with one of the blanket brigade spouting off behind you!!

My wife would make a better commentator than Tylsley.  She noticed the Ukraine no.13 playing Terry onside 5 mins before the commentators saw it.

ITV football is an utter shambles.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

My wife would make a better commentator than Tylsley.  She noticed the Ukraine no.13 playing Terry onside 5 mins before the commentators saw it.

ITV football is an utter shambles.

[/quote]

Were Townsend, Sherringham and Cole told to slouch in the chairs last night to look cool and casual. They looked like kids whose feet didn''t quite reach the floor.

Wos gorn onn

[quote user="pennywise "]i`m listening to 606 and finding this bloke really annoying, he`s a crap commentator and a crap phone in host, neil adams is a bloody legend compared to this idiot...[/quote]

Spot on pennywise,

He starts moaning from the moment he picks up the mike, and he gets all the "important" matches unfortunately.

My girlfriend doesn''t normally watch or listen to football but she was listening to 5 Live on the way to Ikea! When I got home she asked me "Who was that Irish commentator, he was moaning all the way through the game, he was even complaining about the drummer and the noise, saying there was no place for it in football".

I have hated him for years, if he doesn''t like it he can f*** off.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Green is not only one of the ugliest men alive, he must be the most miserable as well. A complete tosser.[/quote]

god your not wrong there, although pim balkerstein will run him close for that title one day  [:D]