Sign in to follow this  
walkley_owl

Tomorrows match

Cheers for that, always good to see from another perspective.

Also was not aware it was Weds that Alan Lee turned down - adds a bit of spice for tomorrow!

Ta Walkley - Looks like both teams have injury concerns then - Gray will be missed I''d imagine.[quote]Wednesday boss Brian Laws has been dealt a serious blow ahead of the

trip to East Anglia with veteran midfielder Michael Gray being ruled

out for the season through a shoulder injury, the former England

international joins fellow North-easterner Steve Watson on the

sidelines, Gray has been told it won''t affect his contract talks in the

summer.

Akpo Sodje and Etienne Esajas are likely to travel with the squad after

returning from injury, Sodje has been out with a slight hamstring

strain which has seen him sidelined for the last two games, Esajas

played 45 minutes for the reserves following a 3 month sabbatical with

a broken toe.[/quote]

Walkley - do you know where the Weds fans are going to be drinking before the game?  Had a great laugh in Sheffield with them a few games back.

Tell them to stay away from the Riverside.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Walkley - do you know where the Weds fans are going to be drinking before the game?  Had a great laugh in Sheffield with them a few games back.

[/quote]

Cheers pal, we drank in the Angler last season before heading up the main road for a few

Whats wrong with the Riverside pal?

[quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

Cheers pal, we drank in the Angler last season before heading up the main road for a few

[/quote]

At the risk of causing offence there is far too much burberry and Fred Perry for my liking!

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At the risk of causing offence there is far too much burberry and Fred Perry for my liking!

[/quote]

Never expect any of that element to be associated with a club like Norwich, that means a few of our so called fans will be out too

Kids really, but the bars are not the best anyway - stick to the Angler best of them.

Having attended a game or two in the Wednesday crowd, both as a neutral with Wednesday away supporters, and as a Norwich supporter at Hillsborough in the home end - that the Wednesday following is especially good.  Having been to a game at Villa Park in the away end, where Wednesday were bottom of the Prem with 9 points at Xmas, and the fans were singing from start to finish, even when they went behind.  I got the impression that their fans deserved a much better team -   Same could be said now for both our clubs, although I''d like to think that the green shoots of recovery are in place for both of us.With that said, I hope Wednesday lose tomorrow too. We need the points more than you do [:)]

Wednesday fans are among the best in the league, IMO. Friendly, chatty, good laugh and good banter!

But I do hope we stick them tomorrow. We''ve never been good against Wednesday and it would be a great confidence boost to all concerned if we can get the three points.

[quote user="walkley_owl"]I don''t[/quote]

Welcome Walkley owl, now i do hope you lose, but while your in this fine city of ours, try a few more local establishments rather than "The Angler" plenty to chose from, have been in the "Angler" with Sheff Wed fans before, really good crack, like when we go up North to Sheff we normally head for "Hillsborough Hotel" Quality in a pint!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Welcome Walkley owl, now i do hope you lose, but while your in this fine city of ours, try a few more local establishments rather than "The Angler" plenty to chose from, have been in the "Angler" with Sheff Wed fans before, really good crack, like when we go up North to Sheff we normally head for "Hillsborough Hotel" Quality in a pint!!

[/quote]

Bottom of my road that pub! Used to be called the Wellington a few years back

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Wednesday fans are among the best in the league, IMO. Friendly, chatty, good laugh and good banter!

But I do hope we stick them tomorrow. We''ve never been good against Wednesday and it would be a great confidence boost to all concerned if we can get the three points.

[/quote]

Was in 1986 or something that the Wednesday fans came onto the pitch to taunt us for missing out on promotion on the last day of the season?

Only to find that Leicester had lost and we were up.........muppets.

[quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Decent pub you have there mate, do you use it before home games!! My Bro''s missus comes from near there!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Decent pub you have there mate, do you use it before home games!! My Bro''s missus comes from near there!!

[/quote]

Nah It''s a bit of a trek to the ground so we normally drink closer, I''ll be honest I rarely even go in that place as it''s not my sort of pub but the ale is spot on

[quote user="walkley_owl"]

Probably earlier mate, bout 82/83?

Although I wan''t old enough to be there

[/quote]

I was there and it was 81/82, the year before I came to Uni here in Sheffield.  It was also the game where Wednesday''s winner would have been scored by one of their fans who invaded the pitch, if their Centre Forward hadn''t already have knocked it in.  Still rankles me to this day as the invader distracted half of our defence!  But a brillant day out in the sunshine despite the lively ending when the Wednesdayites tried to "have" us!!!!

[quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah It''s a bit of a trek to the ground so we normally drink closer, I''ll be honest I rarely even go in that place as it''s not my sort of pub but the ale is spot on

[/quote]

The Hillsbrough Hotel is probably as close to the ground you can safely drink without some risk of being wound up.  The Northern Canaries used to hire the Hillsbrough Arena in the past - excellent idea as it was across the park from the ground.  Also worth doing a pub crawl in Kelham Island before hopping on to a Tram to the match.

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="walkley_owl"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Hillsbrough Hotel is probably as close to the ground you can safely drink without some risk of being wound up.  The Northern Canaries used to hire the Hillsbrough Arena in the past - excellent idea as it was across the park from the ground.  Also worth doing a pub crawl in Kelham Island before hopping on to a Tram to the match.

[/quote]

Try the New Barrack Inn when you are next up pal, bit closer than HH but still a real ale pub

Popping in tonight actually before going to the dogs at Owlerton!  Can discuss tomorrow''s outcome if you are there.  We''re playing host to a bunch of Spanish cricketers and showing them a reet night out in Sheff.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Popping in tonight actually before going to the dogs at Owlerton!  Can discuss tomorrow''s outcome if you are there.  We''re playing host to a bunch of Spanish cricketers and showing them a reet night out in Sheff.[/quote]Forgive me for asking, but Spanish ?  Cricketers ?  Could you not find any Hungarian Morris Dancers ?

We try hard to get Hungarian Morris Dancers of Azebajainee Bell Ringers but being landlocked its not easy to attract people from other landlocked cities.  These guys are based in PortoNegra on the NE Spanish coast and they love coming to Sheff for lots of real ale, kebabs and blonde women.  A bit of cricket and five a side footy and good job all round!  I have offered them to me brother in Attleborough but he''s worried that most of the women will up sticks!

Walkley?anyway, yeah, the oubs id recommend are:The Fat Cat- very out of the wayCoach and horses is a home brew pub 5 mins up thorpe road from train stationThe kings arms- hall road, 10 mins walk from groundTrafford arms- 15 mins walk from the groundThe kings head- magdelen st (15/20mins from ground)AND the ROSARY (10mins walk from ground)will link you the locations if you want them.i presume you are an ale man being from Sheffieldi admit i love the fat cat and kelham island tavern, the wellington (cask and cutler), hillsborough hotel and the devonshire cat. great beer city.