Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

For info: the Football League "voting rules"

In view of the speculation over Southampton and a possible points deduction we asked the Football League whether members of the Board who represent clubs in the same Division could vote on the issue in such a scenario.

Answer: "Possibly.  There is no hard and fast rule and each issue is decided separately.  If a decision could materially affect the club of the Board member such as a relegation or promotion matter in their Division he or she would be expected to declare an interest.  If that happens the remaining members of the Board then discuss and vote on whether or not they should be allowed to take part in the discussion and cast a vote. The Chairman (Mawhinney) also has the power to take a decision in these matters.  When that has been decided either all or the remaining members of the Board would consider the case concerned and take a decision.  If a case concerned their club specifically (if they were a Southampton representative)  they would not be allowed to attend the Board meeting, discuss or vote while that matter was being considered.  There is no hard and fast rule other than that."

In other words pretty much standard rules for any league management committee on which club officials also sit.

Cheers for that Cam... I guess common sense will prevail on Tuesday and those board members with a vested interest will be exempt from any vote on action taken against Southampton.  At least, you''d hope so!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

In view of the speculation over Southampton and a possible points deduction we asked the Football League whether members of the Board who represent clubs in the same Division could vote on the issue in such a scenario.

Answer: "Possibly.  There is no hard and fast rule and each issue is decided separately.  If a decision could materially affect the club of the Board member such as a relegation or promotion matter in their Division he or she would be expected to declare an interest.  If that happens the remaining members of the Board then discuss and vote on whether or not they should be allowed to take part in the discussion and cast a vote. The Chairman (Mawhinney) also has the power to take a decision in these matters.  When that has been decided either all or the remaining members of the Board would consider the case concerned and take a decision.  If a case concerned their club specifically (if they were a Southampton representative)  they would not be allowed to attend the Board meeting, discuss or vote while that matter was being considered.  There is no hard and fast rule other than that."

In other words pretty much standard rules for any league management committee on which club officials also sit.

[/quote]

So in short, and in your usual patronising way, you know no more than us do you fake? [:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]So in short, and in your usual patronising way, you know no more than us do you fake? [:|][/quote]Well, he knows you''re a prat, Wiz, so I guess no, he doesn''t know anything that we didn''t already............

[quote user="First Wizard"]

So in short, and in your usual patronising way, you know no more than us do you fake? [:|]

[/quote]

Oh dare oh dare Mister Wiz - still playing the local website for local people card.  If you wanted a cut of the money Cam made from your excursion onto Delias'' website, you should have negotiated up front [;)].  Time to pick the toys up and put them back in the pram now.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Made me laugh!  I think this shows Cam to be a decent journo representing the facts rather than writing an editorial.

But this said most of the time think the skill of the journo is in making readers think they have unique knowledge when in fact they know very little.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Oh dare oh dare Mister Wiz - still playing the local website for local people card.  If you wanted a cut of the money Cam made from your excursion onto Delias'' website, you should have negotiated up front [;)].  Time to pick the toys up and put them back in the pram now.

[/quote]

Cam is a fake..........end of..............and Delia''s website?.............enlighten me.

But of course, fools are allowed to buy into his rubbish![:|]

Thanks for that Cam - that''s how I assumed it would work. After all, if all the Championship members of the Board were excluded from voting that wouldn''t leave many to actually say ''yay'' or ''nay'' would it?Bit lost on how you''re a fake (?) but thanks for getting some information from the horse''s mouth.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]So in short, and in your usual patronising way, you know no more than us do you fake? [:|][/quote]

Well, he knows you''re a prat, Wiz, so I guess no, he doesn''t know anything that we didn''t already............
[/quote]

I may well be a prat EM, but I''m not an alledged Col Who/Lincoln supporter spending most of his time on City message boards![:S]

Thanks Cam. Appreciated.

Wiz - I think of you as a grumpy old Uncle that amuses me with his vitriol but you''re being a numpty r.e. Cam.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

Thanks Cam. Appreciated.

Wiz - I think of you as a grumpy old Uncle that amuses me with his vitriol but you''re being a numpty r.e. Cam.

[/quote]

Time will tell 02, others on here think the same as I!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Look, thanks very much for your call.  I really have to go because we are very busy at the moment but I''ve taken a careful note of what you have said and we will pass it on to the Editor.  Thanks for ringing us, we really appreciate it."[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Delia''s website?.............enlighten me.

[/quote]Well, as it transpires, CD made £750 off the back of your sojourn into the word of WI cookery by selling the story to various news organisations.  I assumed you were just miffed at not getting a cut...[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Well, as it transpires, CD made £750 off the back of your sojourn into the word of WI cookery by selling the story to various news organisations.  I assumed you were just miffed at not getting a cut...[;)]
[/quote]

So as we have stated before just trawls round the websites like an ageing hooker to see what profitable scraps can be picked up.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Well, as it transpires, CD made £750 off the back of your sojourn into the word of WI cookery by selling the story to various news organisations.  I assumed you were just miffed at not getting a cut...[;)]
[/quote]

So as we have stated before just trawls round the websites like an ageing hooker to see what profitable scraps can be picked up.

[/quote]

Well, I''m ageing.  Sixty seven this year.  But the average age of the other five staff is 25 but, yes, we are all hookers.  Scum of the Earth.  Worse than Ipswich, whatever.  But it''s a very good living if you know what you are doing and tremendously rewarding.

Wiz was not on the Delia invasion.  The standard of many of those who were was far higher.  And met and matched in many cases by the Delia lot.  Great fun.

I hope that is suitably patronising. [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Camillacap - the Anacoluthon but ageing Ace journo, sez - "Mmmh, it''s a bit flaccid on the pinky tonite....Time to shoot over to the Wrath - and then maybe onto warblin'' Waggers site - to see if I can plagiarise a bit o'' gossip an'' raise a few column inches".....

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Well, as it transpires, CD made £750 off the back of your sojourn into the word of WI cookery by selling the story to various news organisations.  I assumed you were just miffed at not getting a cut...[;)][/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I''m ageing.  Sixty seven this year.  But the average age of the other five staff is 25 but, yes, we are all hookers.  Scum of the Earth.  Worse than Ipswich, whatever.  But it''s a very good living if you know what you are doing and tremendously rewarding.

Wiz was not on the Delia invasion.  The standard of many of those who were was far higher.  And met and matched in many cases by the Delia lot.  Great fun.

[/quote]

H''es probably miffed he missed out on all the fun then !  Happy to be corrected Camul, good to see you keeping warm and off the streets these days... [;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You do patronise well for an ageing hack[:D]

You could NEVER be worse than those that should not be named! (granted very close at times)

Have a busy profitable evening Cam

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

H''es probably miffed he missed out on all the fun then !  Happy to be corrected Camul, good to see you keeping warm and off the streets these days... [;)]

[/quote]

Just a bit of fun although the deformed parsnip question and where it should go has never been answered. [+o(] 

Now it is just reduced to Lesley asking for a quick sauce for duck breasts.

There''s not a lot of fun on this message board so I think you have to grab it when you can.[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]So in short, and in your usual patronising way, you know no more than us do you fake? [:|]

[/quote]Duck off Wiz, and stop bashing everyone.Cam has done nothing wrong and is as welcome to post here as you and I are.If you don''t like it, don''t read Cams threads, and don''t reply to them.And instead take your anger out on some crappy afternoon tv or something.