Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Time to drop the battlers and get real Worthy!

The Blackburn game really showed the two sides of NCFC at the mo. Great going forward but panicky on the defensive. Worthy MUST learn that if he''s going to go on about players not giving the ball away, well, he''s got to pick players who won''t give the ball away. Henderson and Holt were precisely the wrong people to have on the pitch yesterday. This isn''t the first division any more, we can''t just play kick-and-rush and hope a quick player gets hold of it. Yesterday''s 2nd half was a perfect opportunity for Mcveigh, Helveg, Mulryne, Safri and even Bentley but half of them weren''t even on the bench. What a ridiculous decision to replace the excellent and improving Jonson with not one of them but Hendo; we went from an accompished looking side to seriously first division again.

We must do the following:

DROP Holt and bring in a ball player: Safri, who is a good, tough tackling ball player (despite what the idiots among us say, who have seen all of about 180 minutes from him and slag him off anyway). Even Mulryne would be better, although his tackling is a little ''wayward''. Holt brings us no way out when we''re up against it, because he has no vision. Drop him now.

STOP playing people ''just cos they make the effort''. I''m tired of reading people on this board stand by the likes of Holt just because they work hard/did well in the past etc etc. Holt is NOT up to premiership standard. Hendo shouldn''t have even been on the bench yesterday, but because he tried hard against Newcastle, he gets a game. Ridiculous.

We bought these new players to add experience and calm heads to the team (such as the excellent Simon Charlton), so why the hell isn''t Worthy using them? Even Helveg should be getting more run outs. Just because he hasn''t done it yet (again, we''ve only seen about 180 mins of him, all you fools who call him a ''disgrace'') doesn''t mean that he isn''t a vastly experienced player who we could bl00dy well do with right now. Whilst Edworthy has been excellent, I really think we need more stability at the back and him bombing up and down like a headless chicken doesn''t always help. Again, he''s a battler, I really admire him but we need to be realistic and ask ourselves whether we''d rather trust a player with 80 international caps who''s played at the highest level. Same goes for Safri - premiership experience, international captain. Mcveigh - the same, 20 odd international caps, same as Mulryne but they don''t get on the pitch in front of Hendo. Where''s the sense in any of it, I ask you?

I agree totally.  Eddy although I too have great admiration for him, his marking has been poor.  Where was he when Kilbane scored, where was he when Dickov scored?  Both players were attacking the left channel where he should have been marking.

Helveg hasn''t been given a proper run at right back.

Mullers hasn''t been given a chance at all

Bentley has had more shots outside the box than anyone on the team and is very exciting when he gets the ball, not given a chance for 2 matches now though.

Safri has only had a couple of chances.

I would have Helveg in over Eddy and any of the other 3 over Holt, but if they have a poor game don''t just rip them straight back out, they need at least 4 games.  Okay if they were dog poo different story, but I don''t think Safri, Helveg or Bentley have ever been any worse than the rest and Mullers hasn''t even had a chance.

I agree with your post,but 2 points;

''great going forward'',in the second half we created 2 chances,the goal and a long range effort from Leon,while 10 man Blackburn scored one,hit the bar,and had several other chances.No,we were not great going forward because of the lack of a creative central midfielder,someone who can hold the ball,and actually want the ball at their feet.

Secondly,the reason we looked like a first division team again was because that''s what we were.We started the second half with last years side,with the exception of Charlton for Malky.Who would have believed at the end of last season we would be playing in the Prem in November with virtually the same side that got us up !

How can a team that only had 4 efforts on goal against a 10 man side be good going forward?

Currently the team looks low on quality and in particular confidence across the pitch. Relying on a defence that was in Div 1 last season was never going to be good enough.

OTBC