Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Internet Explorer 8

I love the way this has turned into a Mac vs Pc thread from a simple IE8 issue.  As a professional that has worked with both platforms I would say both have their own merits.  Before my last job I had never touched a Mac apart from the odd class that I had to teach however once I had to use 2 on a proper production workflow, I really did quite enjoyed using them, the software packages on them integrated so well which doesn''t happen on a Windows platform.  However, I beleive that is also their greatest weakness as it is such a closed platform your choice of software compared to Windows is very limited.As said above Vista haters usually fall into two categories those that have never used it or those trying to run it on out of date hardware, its a perfectly good OS and will do the everything the average user wants it to do.  The problem with Windows is a few technically incompetant people get it and can''t work out whats going on, break it and then moan about it.  9/10 times this is user ignarence on not knowing the OS, they then go on and moan about it to all their friends and family and is cascades from there - people like band wagons and something to moan about - look at this forum!  When I got stuck using a Mac, rather than moaning about it I usually found a simple Google would solve most of my problems.Like many others on here I have an iPod touch and think its a great peice of kit, way over priced  for what it is as obviously it carries the standard ''Apple Tax'' (got mine at a very cut down price), however, iTunes is the biggstest pile of ..... ever.  The fact that anyhing i* is tied to it is very annoying when all I want to do is drag and drop onto it, the fact that I also cannot take stuff off it and use it elsewhere is quite frankly criminal. - I''ve paid for the stuff I should be abe to use it on what ever I like!Anywhooo.  Back onto the origninal topic yes, compatibility mode will fix the problem most times, IE8 is a step in the right direction, fellow web devlopers will know how much of a pain IE6 was and to a lesser extent IE7, to who ever above said they never had any issues with IE6, that was because the sites you visit have had good developers and therefor your will not notice its shortfall of the browser, usually you have to build 2 versions of a site, one that works in IE and another that works in everything else! Firefox is my choice of browser because of its speed and addons although IE8 has closed the gap significantly and is getting a fair bit of use.Anyway don''t judge my spelling as I''ve been on the beer since 5 and the above makes sense to me!PS on the topic of football.  I reckon we might just stay up! ; )

[quote user="Christov"]The fact that anyhing i* is tied to it is very annoying when all I want to do is drag and drop onto it, the fact that I also cannot take stuff off it and use it elsewhere is quite frankly criminal. - I''ve paid for the stuff I should be abe to use it on what ever I like![/quote]Heard of iTunes Plus?  Same price for songs, no DRM.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Christov"]The fact that anyhing i* is tied to it is very annoying when all I want to do is drag and drop onto it, the fact that I also cannot take stuff off it and use it elsewhere is quite frankly criminal. - I''ve paid for the stuff I should be abe to use it on what ever I like![/quote]Heard of iTunes Plus?  Same price for songs, no DRM.[/quote]I thought there was a 20p premium per song or 25% for an album for itunes plus?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Christov"]The fact that anyhing i* is tied to it is very annoying when all I want to do is drag and drop onto it, the fact that I also cannot take stuff off it and use it elsewhere is quite frankly criminal. - I''ve paid for the stuff I should be abe to use it on what ever I like![/quote]Heard of iTunes Plus?  Same price for songs, no DRM.[/quote]I thought there was a 20p premium per song or 25% for an album for itunes plus?[/quote]There used to be, but not since iTunes 8 came out.