Sign in to follow this  
canaries

sad for football if saints go out of buisness

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Yah, you can give it up now, John BoPeep. Being offensive is OBVIOUSLY your goal, as VIYAG pointed out originally. It wasn''t funny the first time, so that generally means it will not be funny after that either.

It would be much better for us, if Southampton goes tits up, that they were ahead of us in the table, not behind. 

SHould they fold, it will only give our present board (should we avoid relegation) more reason to not spend money on our team even though we are WAY more supported by the populace than Southampton or almost every other Coca Cola club.

[/quote]Actually I wasn''t trying to be funny, I just made the comment that a name like St Marys sounds a bit naff for a football Stadium, nothing more, nothing less.If they had called their stadium St Ruperts, I would be saying the same thing, I have nothing against Ruperts or Marys, it''s just those kind of names don''t fire up the imagination when talking about a football stadium. I clearly wasn''t attacking the Catholic faith or church and I find it difficult to understand how it was interpreted as such, it did however, give the Vicar a window of opportunity to give his church a well needed plug, so I guess everyone''s happy.I would also like to apologise in advance to anyone called Rupert or Mary who may have taken offense by any of my remarks - There, you happy now Houston?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

No apologies when I say stuff em!

I only care about City, their loss is our gain.

[/quote]

What a load of cr**... There''s no gain... Prem League is ruining FL... There will be nothing left of the beautiful game in a decade

It i certainly true that the greed which drove the Premiership into existence has benefited an elite few clubs to the detriment of the overall game.

Gone is true competition and a chance for any side to have a great run.

Gone is a cup competition which all clubs can hope to win.

Gone is the surprise team who march up the table and the surprise who falls

Gone is the combative footballer who plays for the love of the game and can relate to fans

In comes a tedious predictable top four

In comes no competition and dreadful financial implications for the relegated

In comes money as deciding factor in success rather than team spirit etc

In comes the prima donna, over indulged spoilt ''celebrity'' who focuses more on luxury of the pitch than graft on it