Sign in to follow this  
canaries

sad for football if saints go out of buisness

its the fans that suffer thats why iam not going to gloat, this could easily happen to us in the future,

It is very sad.

But i think it''s inevitable that this would eventually happen to a club with the amount of debt most of them carry!

I also think that once it happens to one, you may well see half a dozen or so go the same way soon after.

I don''t want to avoid relegation by another team going out of business.     Really do feel for the Saints fans and hope they can find a new buyer before the season is out.

Reading Leon Crouch''s article in the paper this morning I do not think they will go bust.

He certainly seems to feel responsible for the problems and wants to help them out if he can get finance etc.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

No apologies when I say stuff em!

I only care about City, their loss is our gain.

[/quote]

I think that''s a very harsh view. But sadly, it''s one I share. Dog eat dog and all that.

The fans haven''t backed the team for years.

The''re the reason the clubs going under....

quick question if Southampton do go ''out of business'' before the end of the season, does it mean that another club from the Championship will get relegated so its still 3 down and 3 up?????? I''m sorry if this question has already been asked.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]quick question if Southampton do go ''out of business'' before the end of the season, does it mean that another club from the Championship will get relegated so its still 3 down and 3 up?????? I''m sorry if this question has already been asked.[/quote]

Nope, only two will go down, three come up thus filling the whole vacated by southampton.

I presume this would also mean an extra promotion place from the Conference though in order for one other team to fill the void overall?? Or am I being fick?

Their fans are wonderful? Oh dear. They are lucky if they fill just half of their stadium for a league match. Yet when Manchester united roll in, they seem to sell it all out. Hmmm wonderful.

Nothwithstanding the fact that there demise may help us in the short term, I find it hard to see how anyone can take pleasure in this. Saints have a great history, and were in the Prem not so long ago. Does the expression " there but for the grace of God go I" mean nothing to the likes of Wiz? This is an indication of just how fragile our football infrastructure has become outside the pig''s trough of the Premiership, and I, for one, will be saddened to see Saints go under.

The entire football structure of this country will be worse of for losing the likes of Southampton. As others have said too, they may not be the only ones heading in this direction. When you see the obscene amounts of money swilling around in the premier division, what the Saints owe is peanuts. Why is there no finacial safety net for teams like this? Whereas I do not want to see something in place to encourage teams to be badly run and financially overstretched the ''big guns'' in the premier could afford to pay a levy to help smaller struggling clubs. Not bail them out with nothing to pay back, just help.

It''s very sad indeed. I wonder what will happen to their lovely stadium if the worst should happen? It wouldn''t be torn down, surely? I wonder if the locals will club together and form a new football club? I would hope that is what we would all do if, god forbid, it should ever happen to us.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]ok, but then that means there will be one less club in league 1? Or am I missing something obvious????[/quote]

I only assume that one less teamis relegated from each tier of the pyramid until it reaches a point where it doesn''t make any difference. It is just like a team dropping out of the Anglian Combination just on a bigger scale.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]ok, but then that means there will be one less club in league 1? Or am I missing something obvious????[/quote]

Assuming the same principal all the way down the league then only one club will be relegated from League 2 with two coming up from the conference. Bit ironic that Luton, who had all those points deducted for going into administration, could ultimately survive because another club went out of business.   

To be honest, although obviously their situation is dire I take reports of Southampton''s imminent demise with a pinch of salt. The media love to talk these things up but I don''t believe a club like Saints with their fanbase will be allowed to die. I certainly hope not - if they do then suddenly other clubs of a similiar size will look vulnerable, and that means US.

[quote user="1st Chief"]Wizard, you never fail to amaze me with your ignorance. You are truly a f***ing cretin.[/quote]

Well thank Gawd for that then, if it means I''m different from you then I''''m proud to be one![:|]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Southampton won''t go out of BUS-I-NESS, but if they did I wouldn''t feel happy nor sad.

[/quote]

I refuse to be a hypocrite like some on this Mr B, if Saints fold, and City survive, then I would celebrate, without a doubt I would!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]a bit hard wiz...but im there with you NCFC are my only football care...but i will feel for the fans they have done nothing to deserve it(if it happens)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]a bit hard wiz...but im there with you NCFC are my only football care...but i will feel for the fans they have done nothing to deserve it(if it happens)[/quote]

Disagree somewhat mate, if they won''t turn up en masse for home games, its their own fault in a way.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]a bit hard wiz...but im there with you NCFC are my only football care...but i will feel for the fans they have done nothing to deserve it(if it happens)[/quote]

Disagree somewhat mate, if they won''t turn up en masse for home games, its their own fault in a way.[:|]

[/quote]its not their fault the credit crunch has hit...not everyone can afford to goto every game...i cant but get to as many as i can & always take the family so it costs a fair bit

so big respect to the fans that go week in week out...there is not many teams(even prem) that have the loyal support that NAARWICH do [Y]