Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

Allan Mcgregory and Barry Ferguson what do you think?

I was just wondering what people think about the whole Barry Ferguson and Allan Mcgregor saga. Have to say considering it was being shown on TV it was very stupid making gestures like this as it was obvious they would get caught. Seems a bit harsh banning them though but at least marshall will have more of a chance of challenging for number one spot.

I must ask who were they actually making this gesture to though. Was it to Burley or just the iceland national team. I have to say I would probably put to fingers up at burley whether i was playing or on the bench.

Also I would think that if say Rooney or Gerrard done the same we would still probably see them playing for england

It sends a message of self centered indiscipline and ignorance to all youngsters in the game.They are role models of the worst sort which threatens the game from grass roots level upward.From a nation that can barely raise enough talent to compete at the lower international level it can only serve to drive out even more voluntary Sunday morning referees at the level most of us have to start at. Well done boys, you are a thorough disgrace at the Barton level.

Shame the English equivalent dont have the same nerve to do the same to our ''stars''.   Heard the scots PFA spokesman bleating on about how they have been treated too harshly and deserved a ''second'' chance...   what ?  AGAIN?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Shame the English equivalent dont have the same nerve to do the same to our ''stars''.   Heard the scots PFA spokesman bleating on about how they have been treated too harshly and deserved a ''second'' chance...   what ?  AGAIN?[/quote]

But banned for LIFE? From their national team? Seems ridiculously harsh to me. Wouldn''t a years ban give them a chance to reflect and make changes, come back as better people?

Was in Glasgow this week and both Rangers and Celtic fans are sick to the back teeth with their behaviour,  and for ferguson in particular they feel it has been a long time coming. The decision has been welcomed.

They are not banned from working,  but the nation has decided that they do not want to be represented by people whose behaviour, other than being able to kick a football, means that they would normally be dis-associated from being Scottish.     The players main gripe is that the media and fans chose to publish the fact that they were getting drunk until noon the day after the match despite being told not too, then apologising for their behaviour,  but then behaving like sulking kids at the iceland game by having a go not at the iceland players but the media and fans for the reaction,  making a nonsense of the very apology the had publically made.

The fact that their club are also disowning them shows the strength and depth of feeling.   In these difficult times why should these overpaid individuals be allowed to behave outside the norm?  If I behaved like that while on duty for my employer I would be banned from working for them again (ie sacked) so why shouldnt they too? 

Representing your club is a privilege,  something that needs to be earnt,  not expected to happen irrespective of their behaviour.    

So they should be punished and Barry Ferguson will never play for Rangers again.

Hundreds of Scottish fans paid hard earned money to go and watch them in Holland and some

maybe have just be made redundant. Only for 2 overpaid players to take the mick.

Yes Burley did say go out have a couple of drinks, but they obviously do not pay him any respect and

went over the top..How embarrasing to their families..

Well done Scotland is all I can say. No football club or national squad needs ill disciplined yobs such as them in their midst. I''m not sure how I would feel if it were Rooney and Gerrard in the same position as these two louts though. It''s a difficult one is that.

"Nobodies mentioned that now maybe Marshall will get a chance with McGregor out of the picture"

Mentioned in original post.

I think an eighteen month ban would be more appropriate (no chance of a World Cup appearance).

However, after recent antics, it would cheer me up no end for the English FA to give Ashley Cole a short-term ban, and remind these bigtime charlies of their responsibilities, and that no matter what they think, the country can do without men who act like teenage boys.

There is a strong rumour around Glasgow that their 4am - 1pm ''session'' may have been fueled by a less sedative substance.....