Sign in to follow this  
walkley_owl

Dion's send-off

I know this is 12 months late or so but we ALL said goodbye to a legend last May and I''m just proud it was my club involved and it was our supporters who helped Dion say goodbye, 36k for one of footballs gentlemen was deserved.

I''m just glad he was proud of it

I just wish we could have said good bye to Hucks as well, after 5 years of great service and wonderful memories he was pretty much forced out of the club without the send off he deserved

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Never said goodbye to Jamie either! [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

or Jean Yves De-Blasiis.... sad sad times when he left

jas :)

Let''s not forget those Dutch masters Fernando Derveld and Raymond de Waard. We''ll never see the likes of them again...

I''ve only been to 3 away games with Norwich, including the playoff final, and one of which was Sheff Wed last season specifically to see Dion in his last game. The 8 hour coach trip was worth it to clap Dion at the end. Ive never experienced a player getting a the send off he did from the whole crowd, instigated by the home team. I thought it would just be the city fans doing there own send off but Sheff Wed orchestrated the whole thing and the entire stadium gave him a standing ovation and it was emotional to say the least!Fantastic day and great send off for Dion.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I just wish we could have said good bye to Hucks as well, after 5 years of great service and wonderful memories he was pretty much forced out of the club without the send off he deserved[/quote]He''ll be back- dont you worry