Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report v Wednesday

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ricardo"]

If the Doc was woeful today then I have been going to the wrong Carrow Road all this season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but sometimes I wonder if I watched an entirely different game.

[/quote]

He missed one or two headers early on because of the sun and as a result some people wrote off his performance.

A bit like Lee Croft... he put that ball low across their box early on but nobody ran on to it. Many people saw it as a bad bit of play by Croft but really it was the failure of other players to get in the box and get on the end of it because it was always likely Croft was going to lay a ball like that across the pitch.

It''ll always be the same with Doherty and Croft, people are far too keen to find fault with them. Which is a shame because they are two of our best players and players who are genuinely good enough to compete, week in and week out, in this league.

[/quote]

sorry gjp - but crofty looked fat and unwilling yesterday - probably the injury lay-off didn''t help - and the ball across you''re talking about was hit too hard unfortunately...

crofty was the only change from the brum game - and it didn''t work for me...lee up front and gow on the right would have been more sensible - given crofty had been injured as well???
[/quote]

He didn''t look fit at all, he looked like a player who knew he was going to struggle. But obviously the management think we''re a better team with him than without him so they put him in despite him clearly not being ready to play. 

Disagree, I think that ball was the right ball and he played it the right way. But it''s one of those things...had David Bell played it then people would have praised it.

He also put a quality ball across in the 2nd half which, again, Carney failed to react to.

I just feel sorry for Lee Croft, his crossing isn''t always great but too often the good crosses he does put in aren''t given any credit because too many people have made their minds up he can''t cross.

Some excellent points made above - basically I''d agree that the team selection was so obviously wrong that after 30 minutes (and certainly half-time) a change should have been made.

We looked half-asleep, Carney must surely have been jet-lagged, Croft unfit. Lappin looked out of his depth in the middle.

It was as though the players thought we had already secured safety and it bothers me that Gunny''s comments after the last few matches seem to suggest that the return to ''Costa Del Colney'' is too far in the opposite direction to Roeders'' hardline approach.

They should have the players in for extra training every day this week and drill it into them that we are deep in it and their nice fat pay packets are on the line.