Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

So what happens if we go down?

17,000 content fans watching a yet again depleted, asset stripped, sub standard football team in the division that they deserve to play in?

Or 17,000 unhappy fans marching on carrow road, chanting to the board for their instant hand over of the club.

No need to answer. Pathetic. We all deserve this, 25,000 fans continually allowing themselves to be spun by the Neil Doncaster, Roger Munby and the cronies in the press office.

A board that is clueless about football and pays £8.5 million a year to the biggest joke of a squad we have ever had. Take out Clingan, and we own no player worthy of playing in this division that is not out of contract at the end of this season.

A club that pays £450k in agents fees, and spends 25k one player in the most important transfer window that this club has EVER had.

A club that sells its best players and signs replacements that are not fit to where the shirt. A club that always looks for the cheap option.

A club that is paying the price. I am disgusted and ashamed.

Gow, Mooney. Dont sign for us, we dont deserve you. Gunn, you deserved better.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Gunn, you deserved better.

[/quote]

Oh grow up.  Gunn deserves no better or worse than he''s getting.  He wanted the job, he''s doing his best at it, I''m sure, but today was not his finest hour either tactically or in terms of motivation.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You know what to do, then.....
[/quote]

Yes, disown the club that I have supported and followed all of my life. I will not be going back to Carrow Road unless it is to join people in throwing bricks through the windows of the city stand.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You know what to do, then.....[/quote]

Yes, disown the club that I have supported and followed all of my life. I will not be going back to Carrow Road unless it is to join people in throwing bricks through the windows of the city stand.

[/quote]That''s big of you. [:P]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]To whom are you suggesting that the board "hand over" the club to exactly? [8-)]
[/quote]

My point exactly, spun, spun, spun, spun.

Delias asking price was £16m for shares, £20m for debt.

Im saying that she gives away her shares or sell them for £1, and that would be sufficient to attract an investor that would be willing to invest a few million into the club.The price of £56m would scare away any investor.

And how the hell do you all think we got Chase out? I stood there proud and loud amongst thousands of other fans as we forced Chase out through protests week after week outside of the city stand. Alas, he sold his shares at a low price to Watling, who in turn sold to Delia.

Do you think any of those protestors even suspected that Watling would come in? Because none of them had a clue, but it turned out good.

Its called stakeholder power. As the customers we are the single biggest and most important stakeholders, more important than any other. That includes the shareholders. Thats before taking into consideration that many of us are both.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Im saying that she gives away her shares or sell them for £1, and that would be sufficient to attract an investor that would be willing to invest a few million into the club.

[/quote]I don''t quite see how you can infer that someone would be willing to invest if  it were the case that Delia would be willing to sell her shares for £1. [8-)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Im saying that she gives away her shares or sell them for £1, and that would be sufficient to attract an investor that would be willing to invest a few million into the club.

[/quote]

I don''t quite see how you can infer that someone would be willing to invest if  it were the case that Delia would be willing to sell her shares for £1. [8-)]
[/quote]

Its not a matter of fact, but it is a matter of simple economics. The type of economics that I was doing at 14.

If the demand is not their then lower the price. Look at the stock markets, read about investment.

Look at the price of all shares, the collective markets are around40% lower in value then they were a year ago.  If a share was £1 a year ago, and the price was 60p now, then you wouldnt pay £1 for it. At the same time, if you got that share for 30p, you would be getting a very good long term investment that would probably be worth £1 again one day.

Second hand cars, none of them are selling, therefore if you want to sell your car right now you would have to sell at a low price. There would always be a buyer at a certain price.

Your house. It might have been able to realise 200k a year ago but the market now dictates that it is worth £160k. Therefore somebody would be stupid to pay £200k for it, but 120k would be a very good price.

The purchaser of that house could be willing to spend money on that 160k house, knowing that they have automatically gained 40k of equity, lets say some double glazing and a garage for 40k. That house might then be worth 180k, therefore they have still realised a 20k profit.  Somebody that paid 200k for that same house would not be willing to spend 40k on it, as they would then have spend 240k, for a value of 180k, thus they have created a 60k loss.

If somebody bought Norwich City football club for £16m in the full knowledge that it is probably worth £8m, then they would not be willing to spend money on it, realising an instant loss of £8m. Somebody that spent £1 on Norwich City football club on the promise that they spent £8 million over three seasons, would be making a good investment. In the knowledge that that £8m could help towards Norwich City Football Club being in a position that justifies a £16m price tag again. That realises a £8m profit.

What makes you think Delia would sell her shares for£1? - she has given no signs of relaxing her grip on the Club despite what some supporters feel.

[quote user="fleggy"]What makes you think Delia would sell her shares for£1? - she has given no signs of relaxing her grip on the Club despite what some supporters feel.[/quote]

Nothing makes me think that she would sell her shares for £1. My point is a critiscm of us as fans for allowing her to drive this club towards oblivion. Chase was forced out for lesser crimes against this club, and yet Delia is allowed to continue unchallenged, aided by the master of spin who has 17,000 brainwashed numpties on side.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow that''s really mature [:^)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]In one word?

PANIC![/quote]In times of crisis cool heads are called for......

......Not panicking wizards! [H]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

In one word?

PANIC!

[/quote]

Or as the one and only Doris Day sung.................

Que sera, sera.
Whatever will be, will be.
The future''s not ours to see.
Que sera, sera.
What will be, will be.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]In one word?

[/quote]

Fortunately, I have my gardening to keep my attention..............and its Smith free!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]In one word?

[/quote]

Fortunately, I have my gardening to keep my attention..............and its Smith free!

[/quote]

Gardening and speedway here [:)]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

I don''t quite see how you can infer that someone would be willing to invest if  it were the case that Delia would be willing to sell her shares for £1. [8-)]
[/quote]

Its not a matter of fact, but it is a matter of simple economics. The type of economics that I was doing at 14.

If the demand is not their then lower the price. Look at the stock markets, read about investment.

Look at the price of all shares, the collective markets are around40% lower in value then they were a year ago.  If a share was £1 a year ago, and the price was 60p now, then you wouldnt pay £1 for it. At the same time, if you got that share for 30p, you would be getting a very good long term investment that would probably be worth £1 again one day.

Second hand cars, none of them are selling, therefore if you want to sell your car right now you would have to sell at a low price. There would always be a buyer at a certain price.

Your house. It might have been able to realise 200k a year ago but the market now dictates that it is worth £160k. Therefore somebody would be stupid to pay £200k for it, but 120k would be a very good price.

The purchaser of that house could be willing to spend money on that 160k house, knowing that they have automatically gained 40k of equity, lets say some double glazing and a garage for 40k. That house might then be worth 180k, therefore they have still realised a 20k profit.  Somebody that paid 200k for that same house would not be willing to spend 40k on it, as they would then have spend 240k, for a value of 180k, thus they have created a 60k loss.

If somebody bought Norwich City football club for £16m in the full knowledge that it is probably worth £8m, then they would not be willing to spend money on it, realising an instant loss of £8m. Somebody that spent £1 on Norwich City football club on the promise that they spent £8 million over three seasons, would be making a good investment. In the knowledge that that £8m could help towards Norwich City Football Club being in a position that justifies a £16m price tag again. That realises a £8m profit.

[/quote]Sorry chap, being really pedantic I know but used cars are selling at the moment and prices are firming up and rising in some cases, and yes there will always be a buyer at a certain price as long as they don''t have a p/ex and realise their car value has gone down as well!!!    Any way back to football..........[:D]

if we go down we have a huge clear out, back room staff, board, coaches, players, non playing/office staff the lot.. we then roll our sleeves up and start again.

jas :)

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You''re obviously such an economic genius, you should run Southampton FC.............
[/quote]

It doesnt take an economic genius to work out why they are in the sh*t Evil Monkey, they are even more stupid then us.

For a start, Bradley Wright Phillips is on £8,000 a week. He has scored about 1 in 5 as a striker for them since he joined, that makes Jamie Cureton look like a genius.

This year he has scored 3 in 24, which is 1 goal in every 8.  £416,000 this year for 3 goals if he doesnt score anymore, thats £138,000 a goal this season.

Nathan Dyer is on £5,000 a week and has played 56 games for them in 5 years (although he has been out on loan to Swansea and Burnley), thats another £260,000 a year for a player that they dont even play.

That club have habitually wasted money for years before now, Andrei Kanchelskis, Agustin Delgado, Imants Bleidelis, Kleber Chala, Sir Clive Woodward.

The fact that they sold Walcott and Bale for over £16 million, and still cant meet the wage bill, just goes to show how stupid that club is.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if we go down we have a huge clear out, back room staff, board, coaches, players, non playing/office staff the lot.. we then roll our sleeves up and start again.

[/quote]Bring it on [Y]

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are coming up to your 6th birthday then?[;)]

I think the plan is close to the same staying up or going down.

If we go down we will probably sell/let go

Clingan, Croft and Marshall

If we stay up we will probably keep Marshall and Clingan maybe croft.

Players like Fozzy, Cureton, Eagle and Pattison are done at the club IMHO regardless.

We have some decent young players coming through plus Martin and Spilane could play a part in the squad.

I think the plan is to pretty much cut the wage bill this year anyway.

Too many average players earning way too much.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]To whom are you suggesting that the board "hand over" the club to exactly? [8-)]
[/quote]

Im saying that she gives away her shares or sell them for £1, and that would be sufficient to attract an investor that would be willing to invest a few million into the club.The price of £56m would scare away any investor.

And how the hell do you all think we got Chase out? I stood there proud and loud amongst thousands of other fans as we forced Chase out through protests week after week outside of the city stand. Alas, he sold his shares at a low price to Watling, who in turn sold to Delia.

Do you think any of those protestors even suspected that Watling would come in? Because none of them had a clue, but it turned out good.

Its called stakeholder power. As the customers we are the single biggest and most important stakeholders, more important than any other. That includes the shareholders. Thats before taking into consideration that many of us are both.

[/quote]

So you got Chase out by showing him your erection?????In front of thousands of fans as well

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just how did you get chase out? Looking at your user name, I''m assuming you must have been very young at the time.........

[quote user="CT "][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Bring it on [Y]
[/quote]

Hi,

Wednesday fan here with experience of the "dreaded" League 1.

Clearing the dead-wood at Wednesday happened when we went down from 2nd to 3rd tier.  The entire culture of SWFC went from wastage to thrifty, we had to, but it was completely refreshing as well and I''m sure most Wednesdayite get quite a nostalgic feeling from it all, even if we were down there longer than we wanted.  It was a relief to go down, we''d been hovering in the lower second-tier and apathy had a stronghold on the club but we needed to go down to just start from a blank canvas again. 

We got rid of journeymen players and looked to PL youth players and the lower leagues for hungry players and our own academy stepped up to the plate for our starting XI.  Our wage budget was something like £2M, completely unheard of in the CCC these days but we were still the highest payers by a distance. 

When we went down, average gates went up about 4000 IIRC, not bad at all. 

League 1 is great, I won''t hear a bad word about it.  Obviously a big club doesn''t want to stay there too long or your chances of getting back and staying back are harmed IMO, but I gaurantee(sp) you''d enjoy it.  New grounds, new ale, sell out crowds close to the pitch, I think it''s genuinely an experience.

I don''t think you''ll go down anyway, but judging by what I read on here, I almost feel as if you need it, just to start again and enjoy your football once more before having another crack at the CCC but on your terms.

Good luck anyway.

UTO!