Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Was i the only one slightly disgusted with the tackle which led to their sending off?

Absoloutly no attempt to win the ball what so ever. Just a clear hack at McDonald''s legs.

To me it was greatly unsporting, if it had been a mis-timed tackle and accidental then fair enough but as i said he was never looking to win the ball.

Shame to see things like that happening.

Do you mean the first challenge or the second?? I thought the first yellow card was a definite yellow, dived in no-where near the ball. Thought the second one was abit harsh. I thought he took a corner of the ball from where I was in the away end before catching the player. I thought the lad Lapin made the most of it. A final warning may have been more appropriate, but we had our fair share of refereeing decisions yesterday so I''m not complaining.

It was definitely on McDonald, not Lappin.At the time I thought it was a clear and obvious yellow at least, very silly from a player who''d just been booked. Seeing it again this morning I thought the ball possibly changed direction, so maybe Spurr got a slight touch on it. Still for a lunge like that from behind on a player going free on the wing, I don''t think he can have any complaints.

It looked worse than it was, but ftrankly you''d expect a yellow for that these days. As for the OP, I''m afraid that you''re talking rubbish. Cody drew him , nicked the ball and the result was inevitable, but the lad didn''t go in to cause injury. It''s a contact sport for heaven''s sake!

Hold the music DJ... where did i say he was trying to hurt him?

I simply said to me it looked like he was trying to bring him down and give away the free kick rather than making a genuine attempt to win the ball, a tactical foul if you like.

I was disgusted that Mooney got booked for getting thrown to the floor - a definate red card missed!

And also during our disallowed goal a Wednesday defender blatantly used his hands to try and prevent the ball going over the line and he didn''t know the goal was being disallowed- another straight red card!