Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

The Club pissed me off today

I have been a season ticket holder for years and today my daughter who is under 21 could not go so my wife came instead. She was refused entry and we had to go and upgrade the ticket. I was next to an adult whoes pensioner dad could not go and he borrowed his dads ticket and was also refused entry . This has never  happened before. I asked what was going on to be told that the club was tightening up. I have renewed a number of season tickets this year and have got used to crap being servoed up on the pitch but this behaviour today pissed me off and is not likely to encourage me to renew some of my tickets in the future

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I have been a season ticket holder for years and today my daughter who is under 21 could not go so my wife came instead. She was refused entry and we had to go and upgrade the ticket. I was next to an adult whoes pensioner dad could not go and he borrowed his dads ticket and was also refused entry . This has never  happened before. I asked what was going on to be told that the club was tightening up. I have renewed a number of season tickets this year and have got used to crap being servoed up on the pitch but this behaviour today pissed me off and is not likely to encourage me to renew some of my tickets in the future[/quote]I''m sorry but I can''t see any problem with the club making people upgrade in line with there age structure. Why don''t we all get £50 under 12 tickets and see if we can sneak in. The fact that there are concessions up to 21year olds regardless of whether the person is a student or not seems fair enough to me. Why should your wife get in for less than say somebody else wife who bought a full price adult ticket.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I have been a season ticket holder for years and today my daughter who is under 21 could not go so my wife came instead. She was refused entry and we had to go and upgrade the ticket. I was next to an adult whoes pensioner dad could not go and he borrowed his dads ticket and was also refused entry . This has never  happened before. I asked what was going on to be told that the club was tightening up. I have renewed a number of season tickets this year and have got used to crap being servoed up on the pitch but this behaviour today pissed me off and is not likely to encourage me to renew some of my tickets in the future[/quote]

I can''t see the problem.

Over 60''s and kids get reductions.

Why does that piss you off?

[quote user="ricardo"]

I can''t see the problem.

Over 60''s and kids get reductions.

Why does that piss you off?

[/quote]Agree 100%.My brother told me a few years back about people he knew through work who were in their 20s/30s using student season tickets.This was people who worked in financial services earning 30-40k a year+ - and it was rife.How they swung it I dunno, but it''s theft, plain and simple.

I think they will let someone use someone else''s ticket so long as the price for the person borrowing it would be the same or less if they themselves had a season ticket. My 10 year old daughter often uses my 72 year old mother''s pensioners ticket without problems and in fact did so today!

To be honest,  the club has every right to do this.  It''s obvious the club is practically skint, so I guess it''s an area they''ve identified as being able to scrab some money back.

The stewards have been letting people get away with this for too long. I''ve seen and heard of so many people getting in on kid''s tickets and morally when there are plenty of people paying full-whack it''s just not right.I''ll hold my hands up and say that on one occasion a friend of mine came in to sit with me on my daughter''s ST. But he is a full price season ticket holder in another stand so it was just a matter of moving rather than being underhand. It''s about time this was clamped down on.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I have been a season ticket holder for years and today my daughter who is under 21 could not go so my wife came instead. She was refused entry and we had to go and upgrade the ticket. I was next to an adult whoes pensioner dad could not go and he borrowed his dads ticket and was also refused entry . This has never  happened before. I asked what was going on to be told that the club was tightening up. I have renewed a number of season tickets this year and have got used to crap being servoed up on the pitch but this behaviour today pissed me off and is not likely to encourage me to renew some of my tickets in the future[/quote]Annoying, isn''t it. The other week I saw some champagne in Sainsbury''s that I quite fancied, so I took two boxes without paying and then they called the police and made me pay for it.  I''ll be using Waitrose in future.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I have been a season ticket holder for years and today my daughter who is under 21 could not go so my wife came instead. She was refused entry and we had to go and upgrade the ticket. I was next to an adult whoes pensioner dad could not go and he borrowed his dads ticket and was also refused entry . This has never  happened before. I asked what was going on to be told that the club was tightening up. I have renewed a number of season tickets this year and have got used to crap being servoed up on the pitch but this behaviour today pissed me off and is not likely to encourage me to renew some of my tickets in the future[/quote]Annoying, isn''t it. The other week I saw some champagne in Sainsbury''s that I quite fancied, so I took two boxes without paying and then they called the police and made me pay for it.  I''ll be using Waitrose in future.[/quote]Waitrose is just so much better on all counts - you know it makes sense...[;)]

I got in a couple of weeks ago on my son''s under12 ST nobody queried it. I just noticed my mistake when I put my cards back into my wallet and I''d just paid to upgrade it for adult ticket for the day as my boy couldn''t make it.

work for a major food retailer and it is amazing the amount of shoplifters (otherwise known as thieving scum) we catch who then claim they were going to pay for the goods they have just nicked. A guy on friday was just going out into the market then coming back to pay for his five jars of gold blend that he had stashed away in his coat . I felt really choked when they police took him away !  

[quote user="braintree canary"]

work for a major food retailer and it is amazing the amount of shoplifters (otherwise known as thieving scum) we catch who then claim they were going to pay for the goods they have just nicked. A guy on friday was just going out into the market then coming back to pay for his five jars of gold blend that he had stashed away in his coat . I felt really choked when they police took him away !  

[/quote]

When he''s released with no charge - he''ll only come back latte and mocha you.....

Well for nicking £35 of coffee he got a £80 fine and home for tea with his wife . The sooner they cut shoplifters hands off the second time they are caught the better.

Well it is interesting to get peoples views.  I concede the general view. My perspective is i suppose is that for many many years i have forked out over £1000 a season for family season tickets the majority now being adult ones. There are clearly games the adults cannot get to from time to time and rather than waste the tickets  i often give them to my sons friends for free. On this rare occassion i had an under 21 going begging so decided to take an adult. I do have to say however that i have been going since 1993 and this is the first time i am aware of a challenge. Upon reflection fair enough i suppose . I have re newed for next season but may be in the future i will not buy as many season tickets . Ok i paid an extra £11 on this occassion but do not consider it theft when forking out over £1000 a year every year, but accept we are in a new tighter era and rules are rules

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="braintree canary"]

[/quote]

When he''s released with no charge - he''ll only come back latte and mocha you.....

[/quote]Lol I thought it was funny [:D]

[quote user="braintree canary"]

[/quote]I don''t condone thieving, but putting self service scanners in Supermarkets is asking for trouble.  It''s the easiest way of getting a free Sunday Joint there is.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well it is interesting to get peoples views.  I concede the general view. My perspective is i suppose is that for many many years i have forked out over £1000 a season for family season tickets the majority now being adult ones. There are clearly games the adults cannot get to from time to time and rather than waste the tickets  i often give them to my sons friends for free. On this rare occassion i had an under 21 going begging so decided to take an adult. I do have to say however that i have been going since 1993 and this is the first time i am aware of a challenge. Upon reflection fair enough i suppose . I have re newed for next season but may be in the future i will not buy as many season tickets . Ok i paid an extra £11 on this occassion but do not consider it theft when forking out over £1000 a year every year, but accept we are in a new tighter era and rules are rules[/quote]

Don''t you think you''re over-reacting just a bit? Concessionary tickets are there for those that qualify. What if everyone bought a kids/ pensioners ticket and then claimed every match that certain kid/pensioner can''t make it for X, Y, Z, reason. Why should honest people pay more? Not to suggest in any way that you''re dishonest, but how would the club know that?

[quote user="Norfolk Enchants"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well it is interesting to get peoples views.  I concede the general view. My perspective is i suppose is that for many many years i have forked out over £1000 a season for family season tickets the majority now being adult ones. There are clearly games the adults cannot get to from time to time and rather than waste the tickets  i often give them to my sons friends for free. On this rare occassion i had an under 21 going begging so decided to take an adult. I do have to say however that i have been going since 1993 and this is the first time i am aware of a challenge. Upon reflection fair enough i suppose . I have re newed for next season but may be in the future i will not buy as many season tickets . Ok i paid an extra £11 on this occassion but do not consider it theft when forking out over £1000 a year every year, but accept we are in a new tighter era and rules are rules[/quote]

Don''t you think you''re over-reacting just a bit? Concessionary tickets are there for those that qualify. What if everyone bought a kids/ pensioners ticket and then claimed every match that certain kid/pensioner can''t make it for X, Y, Z, reason. Why should honest people pay more? Not to suggest in any way that you''re dishonest, but how would the club know that?  You are probably right .

[/quote]