Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Not Good Enough

[quote user="Eggy"]We are goin  down ?????????????????????????????????????? look on the bright side we may be able to score goals in League 1
[/quote]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="Eggy"]We are goin  down ?????????????????????????????????????? look on the bright side we may be able to score goals in League 1
[/quote]

With what strikers? Martin has struggled to score 1 in 3.5 in league two, Cureton has had it, and if McDonald comes good we would sell him in January.

There is no bright side whilst this is club is being destroyed by the negligence of the current board and chief executive.

In fairness we have scored goals in this league....it is just our habit of letting more in that is causing real problems. And even there we have actually just been unlucky in the ''odd goal'' games rather than whalloped convincingly. Don''t get me wrong- we have traded our quality for bottom half dross- but if we DO go down then we will not do so as one of the worst three sides in the division. But that will be of little consolation and Ido wodner if it would be some years b4 we got back up.

Bryan made a very big mistake today not playing Alan Lee from the off, the ref again diabolical with his decisions, how many games have we had a crap ref this season, must be at least 10 games in all.   Must win against Swansea perhaps we are better away from Carrow Road now, I hope so.

[quote user="greenbird"]Bryan made a very big mistake today not playing Alan Lee from the off, the ref again diabolical with his decisions, how many games have we had a crap ref this season, must be at least 10 games in all.   Must win against Swansea perhaps we are better away from Carrow Road now, I hope so.[/quote]

Too bloody right!

[quote user="greenbird"]Bryan made a very big mistake today not playing Alan Lee from the off, the ref again diabolical with his decisions, how many games have we had a crap ref this season, must be at least 10 games in all.   Must win against Swansea perhaps we are better away from Carrow Road now, I hope so.[/quote]

Correct!

We needed someone to make the ball stick up up front and hold it up which is what Lee would of done!

We were completely lack lustre today. We can''t afford anymore performances like that!

Lee may have put himself about but he was no more effective than anyone else,  he failed to hold the ball up and got no more support from his midfielders than mooney or gow.  

The starting line up was NOT the problem;  it was the players attitude and the managers inability to change it that meant that we did not deserve even 1 pt today.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Lee may have put himself about but he was no more effective than anyone else,  he failed to hold the ball up and got no more support from his midfielders than mooney or gow.  

The starting line up was NOT the problem;  it was the players attitude and the managers inability to change it that meant that we did not deserve even 1 pt today.

[/quote]

Christ! Lee only played 20 minutes!

Lee is a spent force and was before he joined Palace , the fact that we are thinking of offering him a permanent deal shows a total lack of ambition , a cheap old over the hill striker who rarely scores but can throw his elbows about a bit .We need oh so much better than that.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Eggy"]We are goin  down ?????????????????????????????????????? look on the bright side we may be able to score goals in League 1
[/quote]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

It''s quite sad that you find it funny what is happening to the club. I used to think that you were just being mischievious, but it''s clear that you just don''t care.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Eggy"]We are goin  down ?????????????????????????????????????? look on the bright side we may be able to score goals in League 1

It''s quite sad that you find it funny what is happening to the club. I used to think that you were just being mischievious, but it''s clear that you just don''t care.

[/quote]

A tad harsh I think! Lapp has been running that joke all season and it usually makes me chuckle, but it''s not intended seriously. Lapp is 100% behind the club, believe me.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Chill. It''s a running joke.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Christ! Lee only played 20 minutes!

[/quote]

Wiz my point was that Lee could have started but we would have still been second best;  the front pair (in or ex cluding Lee) got no service or support from the midfield;  that we were no better with him on the pitch than off showed that.