Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

Time to be realistic

I think its time to be realistic I love city as much as anyone but we will go down,judging on the performance on Saturday and the fixtures we have left we are not good enough.It is too late,It will be very sad and unfortunately it will probably be on tv for all the world to see.I just hope we can make it back up next year as a stronger team.The thing to remember is it is only a game and people are starving in the world so things could be worse.If they prove me wrong I will gladly eat humble pie.good luck to the team it going to be an unpleasant end to the season.

It ain''t over yet. We can beat Watford at home and pick up something from Swansea and Ipswich IMO, i think Reading at home will be winnable by then too.

[quote user="canaryranger"]The thing to remember is it is only a game and people are starving in the world so things could be worse.If they prove me wrong I will gladly eat humble pie.[/quote]If you make enough humble pie, you could stop all the starvation.  Or maybe we could make some Soylent Green ''n'' Yellow.

[quote user="canaryranger"]I think its time to be realistic I love city as much as anyone but we will go down,judging on the performance on Saturday and the fixtures we have left we are not good enough.It is too late,It will be very sad and unfortunately it will probably be on tv for all the world to see.I just hope we can make it back up next year as a stronger team.The thing to remember is it is only a game and people are starving in the world so things could be worse.If they prove me wrong I will gladly eat humble pie.good luck to the team it going to be an unpleasant end to the season.[/quote]

The last time we dropped an egg was against Blackpool and we have looked pretty good since then.

Playing badly 1 game in 5 is promotion form

Its going to be close but Charlton winning is good for us as they will keep fighting against teams around us for a while.

I think both Charlton and Southampton are doomed.

The positive is that we are in a much better position than we were 1 month ago.

It still very much in our hands.

2 wins and a draw will still be enough with our GD.

As for being not very good..... the table doesnt lie.

If we stay up this year it looks like we have a few quality younger players coming through who we could build a team around.

Maybe even bring in a few of the loan players on permanent transfers.

Probably looking to sell/release a few higher wage earners this summer no matter what happens.

I think Fozzy, Eagle, Cureton and Pattison are almost certainly done at the club.

We need to search out a few more cody mcdonalds from the lower leagues.

Players who are hungry for a chance and will give everything for the club that gave them the chance.

I also feel that Martin and Spillane could be important players in our squad next year.

[quote user="canaryranger"]I think its time to be realistic I love city as much as anyone but we will go down,judging on the performance on Saturday and the fixtures we have left we are not good enough.It is too late,It will be very sad and unfortunately it will probably be on tv for all the world to see.I just hope we can make it back up next year as a stronger team.The thing to remember is it is only a game and people are starving in the world so things could be worse.If they prove me wrong I will gladly eat humble pie.good luck to the team it going to be an unpleasant end to the season.[/quote]Hi Chris!

[quote user="CT "][quote user="canaryranger"]I think its time to be realistic I love city as much as anyone but we will go down,judging on the performance on Saturday and the fixtures we have left we are not good enough.
It is too late,It will be very sad and unfortunately it will probably be on tv for all the world to see.
I just hope we can make it back up next year as a stronger team.
The thing to remember is it is only a game and people are starving in the world so things could be worse.
If they prove me wrong I will gladly eat humble pie.
good luck to the team it going to be an unpleasant end to the season.
[/quote]

Hi Chris!
[/quote]

Check the spelling. Can''t be Chris!

However it is a miserable knee-jerk reactionist.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="canaryranger"]I think its time to be realistic I love city as much as anyone but we will go down,judging on the performance on Saturday and the fixtures we have left we are not good enough.It is too late,It will be very sad and unfortunately it will probably be on tv for all the world to see.I just hope we can make it back up next year as a stronger team.The thing to remember is it is only a game and people are starving in the world so things could be worse.If they prove me wrong I will gladly eat humble pie.good luck to the team it going to be an unpleasant end to the season.[/quote]Hi Chris![/quote]

[/quote]Like that narrows it down. [;)]

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="canaryranger"]I think its time to be realistic I love city as much as anyone but we will go down,judging on the performance on Saturday and the fixtures we have left we are not good enough.
It is too late,It will be very sad and unfortunately it will probably be on tv for all the world to see.
The thing to remember is it is only a game and people are starving in the world so things could be worse.
[/quote]

Hi Chris!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Way too articulate to be Chris! However, it is very much a knee jerk reaction. We were awful yesterday and got what we deserved, but we showed against Cardiff, Plymouth and Brum that we can battle. It''s not over yet, but we have to be at the races for every single game from now on.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

Hi Chris!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Like that narrows it down. [;)]
[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="canaryranger"]I think its time to be realistic I love city as much as anyone but we will go down,judging on the performance on Saturday and the fixtures we have left we are not good enough.
[/quote] you may be proved right but i think there is still a lot to play for yet. all clubs at the bottom will lose games thought to be winable and win games when they are expected to lose. I could see Norwich losing to watford but winning at swansea and Ipswich for example. I must confess it is looking increasingly like us or Forest though that Plymoth win was a pain

Look at how many points we scraped by with this time last year. Lightening ain''t gonna strike twice and we haven''t got a "Dion" to do the business for us this time around.

We''re down.

"My squeaky bum thinks Forest have three very winnable games."

Indeed - a possibility that makes me hope Barnsley stay very much in the mix with a loss at Sheffield on Tuesday night.