Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Just seen our 'goal' on 'the championship'....

and its fairly clear that their goalkeeper is being impeded by his own defender!.

I know that a lot of people are saying that we are placing too much emphasis on blaming refs but the fact is that there is hardly a game that goes by at the moment where these people are cheating us out of big decisions.

When you see a goal like that ruled out whereas Jeromes was allowed to stand at Birmingham ,its pretty disgusting.

its apparently Korey smith that fould the goalie, not David Mooney, i think we have all eyes on mooney and the defender during the goal, smith seemes to be backing in however.. if thats the case then referee was right im sorry to say...

either way.. its happened.. nothing we can do now! if we go down its because we weren''t good enough over 46 games, not because the ref ruled out 1 goal against sheff Wed.

jas :)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

well thats as maybe, but you have the right to accumulate points in each and every one of those 46 games however badly you play in them.

If we go down by one point, theres one that you can point to!

[/quote]AgreedIf we had one goal disallowed unfairly in our remaining 6 games, would you then say it''s our own fault for not scoring 2? No, we scored fair and square never mind what we deserve.If we play badly in the future and end up winning, I hope the players throw the game away because we only deserved 0 points and it seems the game is judged on what you deserve not how many goals you score and concede.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

............... if we go down its because we weren''t good enough over 46 games, not because the ref ruled out 1 goal against sheff Wed.

[/quote]

You''re quite right Jas.

All teams get decisions against them that are harsh. The fact is Sheff Wed were by far the better team over the 90 mins and would have robbed had they left Carrow Road with anything less than the three points.

If we finish out in the bottom three after 46 games then that''s where we deserve to be...... 

I understand peoples frustration that the goal was disallowed but we seem to always want to blame the refs when really we should be looking at the fact we didn''t turn up yesterday.

The fact that decisions happen that we don''t agree with is football, but we had 90 minutes to score and not just that occasion when the ref was against us. If we do our job and turn up the rest is a non-issue rather than always complaining about refs in a Roeder-esque type manner.

Why don''t we look at the fact that the wrong team selection was made and then certain players didn''t give a sh*t about their performances.(look at Marshalls reaction to Otsemobors deflection and also Otsemobors couldn''t care less attitude when it went in)

Our goal should definatly have stood, but we didn''t deserve the points yesterday, woulda been fantastic if it had stood and we got that extra point. But like Jas said that incident won''t be the reason if we get religated.

well thats as maybe, but you have the right to accumulate points in each and every one of those 46 games however badly you play in them.

If we go down by one point, theres one that you can point to!

[/quote]

Although i sort of agree, every club in this league has had dubious decisions not just Norwich, so it is down to the fact that everyone plays 46 games. Look at Watford. if they went down after the goal that never was, would you say that game cost them or the whole season?

So to put it simply say this was the scenario.

We stay up and watford went down on goal difference. Would you be saying that we should have gone down becuase of the fantasy goal they had against reading? NO. Every single team in this league gets the same amount of crap decisions, watch the championship, read the match reports. I dont just look at NCFCs I look at them all. We have had our share of dodgy decisions but so have Charlton, Forest, Barnsley, Soton etc, so its foolish to make out we are being hard done by if we go down because its happened to every team in this league week in week out.

The end of the day the league table doesnt lie.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

So to put it simply say this was the scenario.

We stay up and watford went down on goal difference. Would you be saying that we should have gone down becuase of the fantasy goal they had against reading? NO. Every single team in this league gets the same amount of crap decisions, watch the championship, read the match reports. I dont just look at NCFCs I look at them all. We have had our share of dodgy decisions but so have Charlton, Forest, Barnsley, Soton etc, so its foolish to make out we are being hard done by if we go down because its happened to every team in this league week in week out.

The end of the day the league table doesnt lie.

[/quote]

Spot on mate. You get knocked out of cups by dodgy decisions, but you don''t get relegated by them.

The fact is, the GOAL SHOULD OF BEEN ALLOWED. I''ve watched it 20 times in slow motion and Mooney jumps for the ball and it''s the defender that jumps too that impedes the goalie and knocks him flying.  I know sheff wed were the better team but still, we were robbed of another point by a poor ref''s decision.

There is no consistancy in the ref''s, which is the problem. The game against Birmingham, the ref allows Birmingham''s goal for them to take the lead against the run of play. Yes we got the equalizer, but we deserved all 3 points, and it''s again a very poor decision that has gone against us.

I saw it on the championship this morning and like I orginially thought the goal scorer Mooney did nothing. Tbh I dont think he touched our keeper. The other lad who went up though (think it was McDonald) made contact with our keeper but as far as I''m concerned most of the contact on our keeper came from our centre back Hinds. We''ve been on the wrong end of tons of refereeing decisions this season so I''ll take that one. I''d still love Norwich to stay up though I think your a great club.

I''ve never quite understood the "it''s not what happens in xxxx match that get you relegated- it''s what happens over 46 matches" comment.

The fact is that the Sheff Weds match is as much a PART of those 46 matches as any other, and we have been cheated out of a point.

However what I would say about the Watford ''goal'' is that it happened back in September-ish??, therefore there is still plenty of time to do something about it -which Watford have. When you get to the last 6 games -descisions like this are crictical.

If Man Utd had scored that same goal at Old Trafford would it have stood? of course it would - why am I even asking such a stupid question. In the modern game the system needs to be changed referee''s are unreliable and in some cases biased - end of

I''ve never quite understood the "it''s not what happens in xxxx match that get you relegated- it''s what happens over 46 matches" comment.

The fact is that the Sheff Weds match is as much a PART of those 46 matches as any other, and we have been cheated out of a point.

However what I would say about the Watford ''goal'' is that it happened back in September-ish??, therefore there is still plenty of time to do something about it -which Watford have. When you get to the last 6 games -descisions like this are crictical.

[/quote]

So because it happened early in the season its not as important? Granted they have had games since to put things right, but if you want to take that view we have had 40 games previous to keep ourselves out of this position.

Like I keep saying, every club in this league gets dubious decisions every week, its part of football. The table doesnt lie and we are down there for a reason.

I still think we will be safe though.

The idea that the good/bad decisions even themselves out over the course of the season is complete bollocks. Logically speaking the only way this could be true is if every team gets their matches refereed by the same bloke an equal amount of times and his performance in every game he officiates is exactly the same. Decisions may even themselves out over a longer period of time but we seem to have had an awful lot of decisions go against us this year. It''s not the main reason that we''re struggling so badly but it must have had an influence on our current position.

The Ref didnt give it so it wasnt a goal , end of .Bryan Gunn and a lot of the City support are beggining to sound like the biggest bunch of cry babies ever .We are where we are because the team is not good enough and hasnt been for the last 3 or 4 years .

It''s not a matter of blaming the officials for our poor season, and goodness knows we were well off the pace yesterday. But the quality of refereeing in this league has been as bad as I''ve ever seen this year.Yesterday''s man (pah!) hasn''t ref-ed a Championship match since last November. He''s spent the intervening period at Basingstoke, Rochdale, Brentford etc. For what could be a crunch fixture when you consider our position this isn''t good enough. Not excusing the performance from the team on the day, but this ref and his officials were a sorry bunch.

of course those of us who feel free to criticise the referee can always have a go themselves....

i admit i have criticised in the past, and still do... but admit how difficult a job they have to do... if we think we can do better then go to www.thefa.com and apply....

they take applications from males and females... then you can all do a better job.. cant you?

i certainly wouldnt want to do the job as i feel i couldnt do any better.