Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Lets give the Owls a lot of credit

Many of the posts since saturday have been all doom and gloom blaming gun or various players, motivation etc.Lets give Wednesday some credit. Unlike Norwich Wednesday have stuck with a tried and tested manager at lower league level in Brian Laws. They have been relegation candidates themselves over recent years and with no money whatsoever he has turned them into a very dangerous mid table side. Look at that time in terms of size and style of play and that is what you need to be good in this division and if you add the odd flair player such as Hucks in his prime then you go up. The Owls got stuck into us from the off and did not let us play, but they do that with most teams, rather than the Charlton model now trashed we could do a lot worse at looking how they have dug themselves out of ahole, a team with a much richer history than Norwich in terms of trophies but a side that has also been in league 1. Answer simple get a good lower league manager who knows the basics, no more no less and stick with him and let him build a side . It is not all over with Norwich yet anyway although the reverse on saturday was a blow and i do think we are now favorites for the drop. We are capable of getting unexpected results and we need at least one

I don''t agree we are favourites for the drop - we''re still above the relegation places remember? But I agree about Wednesday - I think the fact that they don''t have anything to play for enabled them to relax and turn on the style a bit. And I''m sure they were inspired by their huge travelling support (as I feared when I first heard they had sold out their allocation).

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]

Many of the posts since saturday have been all doom and gloom blaming gun or various players, motivation etc.Lets give Wednesday some credit. Unlike Norwich Wednesday have stuck with a tried and tested manager at lower league level in Brian Laws. They have been relegation candidates themselves over recent years and with no money whatsoever he has turned them into a very dangerous mid table side. Look at that time in terms of size and style of play and that is what you need to be good in this division and if you add the odd flair player such as Hucks in his prime then you go up. The Owls got stuck into us from the off and did not let us play, but they do that with most teams, rather than the Charlton model now trashed we could do a lot worse at looking how they have dug themselves out of ahole, a team with a much richer history than Norwich in terms of trophies but a side that has also been in league 1. Answer simple get a good lower league manager who knows the basics, no more no less and stick with him and let him build a side . It is not all over with Norwich yet anyway although the reverse on saturday was a blow and i do think we are now favorites for the drop. We are capable of getting unexpected results and we need at least one

[/quote]

Is that because you are hacked off that you had to pay more for your tickets this weekend?