Sign in to follow this  
McNamees attitude

GOOD LUCK LUTON!

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]Yeh well done Luton, pleased for them not just with the ex Norwich connections but also how they were dealt unfairly with 30 point deduction. Looked like Spillane and Martin played well, hopefully good news for nxt few seasons, although you still saw Martin''s pechalent side a bit[/quote]

seconded here, am really pleased for them, and for our players on loan to them as well. even though they will almost certainly go down at least they''ve got something to be happy about.

Just back from this game.  Cracking atmosphere & good to see our boys still doing quite well.  I was surprised by the lack of Scunthorpe support though, 55,000+ crowd and over 40,000 of that was Luton.

I''d like to add my congratulations to the luton team and fans.  Great day - well done, enjoy it!

I hope you avoid the BIG drop as i think you were stuffed!

And i hope our lads have proved their worth.

Good luck for the remaining games.

[Y][Y][Y]

Watching the Luton celebrations at the end you''d have thought they''d won the Champions League, which goes to show how much it meant to them after all the crap they''ve had to endure. I was really pleased for them and I suspect 90% of neutrals were too.

I listened to the game and it was really good old fashioned cup football, end to end stuff, lots of goals and two teams going for a win.

In our own interests it was great to know that some of our fringe/reserve players were playing well and giving their all for Luton. The players coming back here will have had some games, some experience and hopefully learnt a great deal in the process. Can''t really see any negatives in this at all.

As for Luton, don''t they deserve a great day? Imagine all of that happening to us. To deny the Luton fans their day at Wembley and a victory is sour grapes in the extreme. To be the bottom club in the football league can''t be the greatest of experiences and it''s not the fans'' fault that they have been deducted points and are where they are. 40,000 of them at Wembley is proof that they are behind their club and I hope the supporters can help in the club''s revival.

Also nice to hear Paul Hayes is such a prolific goal scorer for Scunthorpe.

Seriously chuffed for Luton, I watched the game, and if we do go down, life in the lower leagues will be far from easy.

Well done to the hatters.[Y]

Whilst browsing for the goals from yesterday I spotted this Norwich v Luton game from 88/89 that I hadn''t seen a vid of before. Thought some of you might enjoy watching it [:)]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzLoYkbPZVI