Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Mooney can't play v Reading which is crap !

Loan extended but he can''t play in maybe one of our most important game of the season which is a big shame.

Only Wimbledon were fair to let their loan player David Nielsen play against them, and indeed he scored for City.

That''s all in the game, they don''t want him so why is he not allowed to play against them, strange strange rule.

Should be forbidden by the FA.

yes it should.. how do you Reading dont want Mooney.. he has simply been sent here for match practice...

he is working for, and paid by Reading.. he is there player and they can do what they like with him...

If Jamie cureton had played for barnsley and scored against us you''d be screaming blue murder.....

ever been on a Secondment in work Yellowroad? you could say that a loan works in a very similar way.

jas :)

i don''t have a problem with the rule at all. i am gutted Mooney will be absent for that game, but if I was manager of Reading i would feel the same

i remember Real Madrid loaning Morientes to Monaco and forgetting to put a clause in so he couldn''t play against them. they met in the Champions League semi-finals and over the two matches i think Morientes scored 3 goals and put Madrid out. cost them millions.

This reminds me of a bizarre situation that occurred 20 odd years ago - Peter Withe went on loan from Sheffield United to Birmingham, and ex-Canary goalkeeper Roger Hansbury went on loan in the other direction. Shortly afterwards the Blades met Birmingham at Bramall Lane and Withe and Hansbury were allowed to play against their respective parent clubs. Lo and behold, Birmingham won 2-0 and Withe scored both their goals! Blades fans were absolutely furious.

but what would you say if he played against them it was 0-0 and he missed a sitter in the 90th minute or scored an own goal ?

How is it a strange rule? Reading are doing a favour loaning him out to us, whether that''s to get him first team football or because they don''t want him, I don''t know. But to loan your own player out only to give him the chance to screw you over would be insane.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes it should.. how do you Reading dont want Mooney.. he has simply been sent here for match practice...

he is working for, and paid by Reading.. he is there player and they can do what they like with him...

If Jamie cureton had played for barnsley and scored against us you''d be screaming blue murder.....

ever been on a Secondment in work Yellowroad? you could say that a loan works in a very similar way.

jas :)

[/quote]VERY FUNNY...LOL.

Seems fair enough to me.

We would be unhappy if we loaned out someone who played and scored against us.

The whole loan system should be revamped.

There are far too many instances of it not being fair.

Shackell, on loan from Wolves played a big part in us winning a point at Birmingham.

Birmingham and Wolves are rivals for automatic promotion.

Should loan arrangements between clubs in the same league be allowed when things like this can happen?

[quote user="The Undertaker"]

[quote user="canarytom"]What did you expect?[/quote]

Prat!

[/quote]

what did you expect?

i think you should change your name back to cottaging canary