Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 35 of the free bet season. After last weeks exciting International selections and that wonderful win from Inchy, we are back to a normal weekend where we have action all over the UK and Europe to choose from.This week it’s our good friend Mister Chops (Monkey Trousers) in charge and making the final selections.

Now all these name changes confuse me and I have to get our good friend Lapp to help me remember who is who[:S] but I still seem to get in a muddle sometimes.....

Mister Trousers is another ''free bet hall of famer'' who holds the record for the biggest single win on the free bet when he won £138 last August. Always one of our favourite pickers who never fails to put a smile on this board - take it way Monkey Chops.. the free bet is yours....[:)]........[;)]

I leave you as always with Ray’s signature, which is now ammended to …….

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, yes Norfolkchance1 £476 for the Academy,so far.

Looks a tough week to call in the Prem and Leagues, so have been forced to venture up north this week to the SPL. Whilst Hamilton have done really well to get where they are this season, Celtic will not want to be dropping any points at home in the business end of the season, what with Rangers being so close behind. So mark my words, this is a ''dead cert'' (note to self: where have I have that one before?).......Glasgow Celtic vs Hamilton Academical - home winGood luck everyone!

Thanks Nigel, and I hope to be around for the meet on the 17th, could you please send me the details? I''ve been a bit rubbish, apart from meeting Mick once in the Rosary and a few no-goods in the Trowel & Hammer that time.Anyway, I will make my selections on Friday evening.  I''ve lost my gambling mojo so all help more than gratefully received.

FAO Shaun and Leeds.

It''s something that also bothered me but after pondering for a few days I came to my senses and realised that Ray would have had it no other way. He would not have wanted us to do anything other that give every week our best shot for the good of his free bet.

Lets face it if we are not giving it our best then the weeks picker may pick one of our duff ones thereby losing the bet or if we were to abstain we are not giving the weeks picker the best shot at it.

Now ask yourself if Ray would have wanted that? I did and the answer was a massive NO!!!!

Every week I pick for the good of this thread,not myself.[Y]

Hey, thanks for that one Chops, I can get up to no good pretty damn well if it''s called for.....lol

Selection for your consideration - I am sticking with our own boys to triumph against Wednesday. Best of luck!

i feel its gonna be a weekend of surprises in the champs...could charlton win away at soton at 10-3,,,or sheff wed spring a shock at carra at 9-4???but i reckon its gonna be forest who creates a stir...forest to beat barnsley at attractive odds of 5-2...you know it makes sense chopper!!![;)]good luck...

This week I am going for Bury, pushing for automatic promotion from League Two, to compound the unrest at Port Vale with an away win.Bury - away win. Good luck Mr Monkeychop Trousers and all you pups[:D][&]

im going for Boro to beat bolton and put some real pressure on She-ra in her first game as Newcastle boss.. good luck everyone!

jas :)

Well I found this one tough week, I''m not too convinced with what I''ve come out with as the best nap I could find, due to how unreliable I have found Italy to be, particularly the week I chose the final selections. However, I''ve decided to stick with AC MILAN who are at home to Lecce.

AC Milan are 3rd, on 55 points. Lecce are second from bottom on 24. Other than that, not much reason to pick them. But that''s the best I could come up with.

AC Milan V Lecce - Home win.

p.s: I can no longer do bold, colour on anything like that on my posts. It''s this new ''Internet explorer 8''. The box I''m typing into now is tiny and I can also no longer do smileys or quotes. Any help?

Gah not a lot this week. I''m gonna go (and possibly steal Leeds'' nap [:P]) of Rhyl to beat Airbus.Good luck Mister Trousers the Monkey-Chopper. [Y]

Hmm, a tricky week this week looking at the fixtures. I''ve ended up in League 1 with

Leicester v Carlisle - Home Win

3 in a row this week? - Good luck all PUPs, and especaially Mr Monkey Trousers Chops

just a quick question, when will sign up be for next season? (i would like to do it properly, assuming you carry it on NN)

Quite a difficult week this week, but then I can''t even get it right on easy weeks lately , ha ha !

As I should have expected Barnet let me down last week so undaunted I am going to stick to my method and go for yet another bogey team to hasten my plunge down the Picker''s League !

Blue Square Premier : Barrow v Woking : Home Win

Good Luck Chops !

First of all thanks to my friend MIA for giving a plug to the meet on April 17th. I had neglected to do that on the opening post but I''d like to make up for that now by reminding all you pickers that you are all welcome to come. To find out where try this (I hope this link works) : -

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Hellesdon+Road,+Norwich,+United+Kingdom&ie=UTF8&ll=52.645095,1.249738&spn=0.012316,0.020685&z=15&iwloc=addr

To answer our young friend Ginger Pele we hope to secure the free bet for next season and I will talk to Billy about at the end of the season. Billy has been magnificent for us but I am always mindful of the fact that this was set up between him and Ray. Rest assured I will keep all you PUPs informed. And we give it our best shot every week because it''s our chance to help our beloved football club.

Now for my selection this week I''m staying on home soil for a change. Arsenal are in good form and are scoring goals for fun at the moment. Manchester City have only scored once away from home since December. Add to that the fact that Arsenal have returned from the last 2 international breaks with thumping victories where as Citeh haven''t won on those weeks and you get a recipe for a home win.

Arsenal    V    Man Citeh      Home win

Good luck Mister and all us PUPs [Y]

AZ Alkmaar to beat ADO Den Haag for me

and Rambling Minster for the grand national...

Leicester v Carlisle - Home win.  Leicester top and only one loss at home this season, Carlisle 19th and not playing very well.

Maybe I can start a run of correct naps this month.  I''m going for a clean month and the April napper of the month award!!! 

Good luck Evil Trousers.