Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Norwich to save Southampton?

probably.. lets face it "aviva" are nothing short of a faceless organisation who care little about Norwich or the people who live here.. the way they helped Ipswich and the way they are helping Southampton, when their logo is emblazond all over Carrow Road is sad....

If we were in administration would our "sponsors" offer us some kind of rescue package.. or would they suggest we fire everyone and open the club up again in Mumbai on the cheap?

jas :)

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Southampton hope to complete a deal with insurance giants Norwich Union to write off their crippling £30m debts. (Sun)

[/quote]

No doubt this is being offset by the 480 redundancies of NU staff in Norwich.

Nu/Aviva call them what you will make me sick. As far as I am concerned they should never be mentioned in connection with our wonderful city ever again.

It has very little to do with us.... Southampton already owe 24mil to NU/Aviva anyway in regards to the St Mary''s, so all that''s in negotiation is another 6mil which is probably only to see them suvive to the end of the season until a new repayment structure can be put in place with new owers/investors.

The company took years to support it''s local club financially even when it wasn''t part of a multi-national conglomerate.  Indeed only when the company dropped its main connection to the City did they invest substantially.  Now fair enough, help other clubs financially by all means, but isn''t this latest move to help Soton effectively taking their investment in rival football clubs to over £50 million.  Isn''t that 25 times their latest investment in Norwich.  A token marketing effort - it isn''t good enough!

[quote user="shefcanary"]The company took years to support it''s local club financially even when it wasn''t part of a multi-national conglomerate.  Indeed only when the company dropped its main connection to the City did they invest substantially.  Now fair enough, help other clubs financially by all means, but isn''t this latest move to help Soton effectively taking their investment in rival football clubs to over £50 million.  Isn''t that 25 times their latest investment in Norwich.  A token marketing effort - it isn''t good enough![/quote]

At the end of the day we whould not take moves like this and the Ipswich one personally. They have made a bad investment and need to get back what they can. Ultimately they have a choice between getting something and getting virtually nothing. Things are slightly different with Sainst as they at least could take their ground and the land around it but in reality thats not much use to NU unless they are prepared to rent it back to Southampton in the meantime and wait for the property market to pick up again when they can sell it for development. Having said that I suspect that land is so polluted and would costs so much to develop they may not get much for it even then!

I do agree however that i have always found NU''s refusal to be involved in norwich City very disappointing, particularly when they were a locally owned and operated company. I am of the view that they only sponsored us as a PR move to offset the announcement on the same day that they were dropping the NU name!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

probably.. lets face it "aviva" are nothing short of a faceless organisation who care little about Norwich or the people who live here.. the way they helped Ipswich and the way they are helping Southampton, when their logo is emblazond all over Carrow Road is sad....

[/quote]

Quite agree and thats why I flatly refuse to ever buy a shirt with AVIVA blazoned across it [:@]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yeah... Colman''s had more respect for our club...[/quote]You''re talking a lot a mustard.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Quite agree and thats why I flatly refuse to ever buy a shirt with AVIVA blazoned across it [:@]

[/quote]

Same here, or indeed any merchandise infected with it!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like match tickets[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like match tickets[;)]

[/quote]

Idiot! I said merchandise, I still buy the odd tickets, if not for me, then family members.............still any cheap shot eh?[:D]