Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Lee Croft - Useless

Somewhat of a controversial post I''m sure, as he''s loved by a lot of you (god knows why) but Lee Croft should NOT have started today!

Yeah, he scored against the filth and runs up and down all day huffing and puffing away, but that really is all he does in all honesty isn''t it? He proved yesterday that he can''t cross for sh1te and he often wastes some glorious chances when we''re going forward because of it.

What on earth was Gunn thinking when he left Lee out just to accommodate him? We were excellent at Brum and when Lee came on today we looked like scoring, something that never looked like happening when Croft was on.

And how can some people can boo when he''s taken off?

IMO he''s proved his heart''s not with Norwich and he''s in it for his own good by not signing a contract. Surely I''m not the only one that wouldn''t give 2 hoots if he didn''t sign?

He had a very poor game yesterday. But he was still 3 times the player Carney was. People were booing, I believe because they could all see it was Carney who should have been replaced. Granted, Croft may have been unfit, but an unfit Croft was still far more beneficial to us than Carney.

Personally think you are very out of order accusing him of his heart not being in Norwich, and not giving his everything, because I think he is one of the few players who you could say that about this season.

RE: the new contract - we do not know the ins and outs of it, so we shouldn''t speculate and use that against him.

IMO Croft is one of our best players however, hence why much better teams are interested in him.

what! Lee Croft is player of the year! despite the fact he cant cross, cant shoot, cant beat players, and spends most games running up and down the touchline aimlessly.

yesterday showed that he isn''t actually that good.. we havent had a decent right winger since Kevin Harper was here.

jas :)

poor ole crofty has been recovering from an ankle injury - so likely he wasn''t race tuned yesterday - but it did look like he had been laying about and resting his injury while piling in the burgers - was frankly amazed at how wide he was...as for carno - as i''ve said all along - this boy has some nice touches - but he''s lightweight and lacks stamina to play 90 mins of champs footy,,,for me - he''s a 20 min impact sub///thas all folks...wish it was more - but he''s not got the stamina to run up and down the line all day...now do you lot get it???pity gunny and the legends couldn''t see how lucky we were to go in at half time 0-0...thanks to shax///it couldv''e been game over after 20 mins yesterday - against a shef wed side who hadn''t won in 5!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]poor ole crofty has been recovering from an ankle injury - so likely he wasn''t race tuned yesterday - but it did look like he had been laying about and resting his injury while piling in the burgers - was frankly amazed at how wide he was...

as for carno - as i''ve said all along - this boy has some nice touches - but he''s lightweight and lacks stamina to play 90 mins of champs footy,,,for me - he''s a 20 min impact sub///thas all folks...wish it was more - but he''s not got the stamina to run up and down the line all day...now do you lot get it???

pity gunny and the legends couldn''t see how lucky we were to go in at half time 0-0...thanks to shax///it couldv''e been game over after 20 mins yesterday - against a shef wed side who hadn''t won in 5!!!

[/quote]

I also thought Crofty looked a bit ''weighty'' since his last appearance.....I was impressed by The Owls scorer Jermaine Johnson who was a particular thorn in our side, and easily outpaced Croft and Jonny O (who is no slouch)....

I personally think Croft, Clingan and a couple of others - will be off to pastures new, come May.....

[quote user="Captain Dejan Is Injured"]Somewhat of a controversial post I''m sure, as he''s loved by a lot of you (god knows why) but Lee Croft should NOT have started today! Yeah, he scored against the filth and runs up and down all day huffing and puffing away, but that really is all he does in all honesty isn''t it? He proved yesterday that he can''t cross for sh1te and he often wastes some glorious chances when we''re going forward because of it. What on earth was Gunn thinking when he left Lee out just to accommodate him? We were excellent at Brum and when Lee came on today we looked like scoring, something that never looked like happening when Croft was on. And how can some people can boo when he''s taken off? IMO he''s proved his heart''s not with Norwich and he''s in it for his own good by not signing a contract. Surely I''m not the only one that wouldn''t give 2 hoots if he didn''t sign?[/quote]

I''m a huge Crofty fan and agree with what you say, but yesterday, along with almost the whole squad he did nothing, looked gutless and devoid of interest.

[quote user="Captain Dejan Is Guessing"]Somewhat of a controversial post I''m sure, as he''s loved by a lot of you (god knows why) but Lee Croft should NOT have started today!

Yeah, he scored against the filth and runs up and down all day huffing and puffing away, but that really is all he does in all honesty isn''t it? He proved yesterday that he can''t cross for sh1te and he often wastes some glorious chances when we''re going forward because of it.

What on earth was Gunn thinking when he left Lee out just to accommodate him? We were excellent at Brum and when Lee came on today we looked like scoring, something that never looked like happening when Croft was on.

And how can some people can boo when he''s taken off?

IMO he''s proved his heart''s not with Norwich and he''s in it for his own good by not signing a contract. Surely I''m not the only one that wouldn''t give 2 hoots if he didn''t sign?[/quote]And how do you know that it isn''t the club stalling? You don''t, you''re making assumptions.

just shows that take the effort out of crofts game and you are left with nothing.    He was anonymous and poor yesterday;  the couple of time he did break free in the first half he corssed before checking that there was no one in the box;  shockingly poor football.   For their goal was slow to respond and  was then rounded as if not there

Deservedly subbed, 

I agree with your post. However on yesterdays showing the same could be

said of Clingan. My biggest disappointment of yesterday was that our

manager thought Lappin and Clingan would make a good central midfield

pairing in a home game where we should have be doing the pressing and

the lions share of attacking. Lappin is a lightweight who if given

plenty of time can cross a ball ok. But the lower leagues are full of

players like him. Not enough strength, pace, sight or guile. The same

could be said of Clingan and his Premiership aspirations.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Croft never has been anything other than very average , much like the rest of the squad and that is why we will be playing League 1 football next season.
[/quote]

So, very, very, true....

Croft is useless, his effort is fantastic but his end product and awareness is very poor

Lee Croft has to be commended for his effort but unfortunately at this level you have to offer more than the ability to run for the shirt,afterall if thats all that is required I''d be a NCFC player as I''d run up and down all day.

He is very much a confidence player but his final ball/end product has been wanting for many a season now but it just shows how far this club has fallen when one of our most appreciated players is there just to because of his willingness to run for the cause.

I have the feeling that Crofty has his mind on other things and all will be sorted out when the end of the season or relegation happens. Credit where it is due, he is double the player that Carney is !

It wasn''t about croft as an individual, Wednesday played it through the middle and thats where we should have bossed it. But with lappin we just weren''t strong enough. If we can boss the centre of midfield we can get our wingers into play!!

100% effort and commitment is the least we can expect from every player selected for the team on match days. Sadly it is not something that is guaranteed, when you witness some of the shockingly poor performances from certain individuals in recent seasons. So yes, we usually see the effort from fatboy Croft, but where are the goals? When are we going to see more than one decent cross per game? For me, he''s nothing more than an average Championship footballer, and I don''t expect to see him in the Premiership any time soon.

croft was un fit on saturday but he still played a lot better than carney, carney should have come off for lee.when carney got the ball he did nohing with it,croft tryed but you could see that he couldn''t cross and dribble past defenders

you wouldn''t be surprised that he is un fit at least once after all the effort he has done for us this season.