Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who booed Alan Lee today??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Bit hypocritical. Isn''t that the same as I could say about you lot. He scores for Ipswich against us and everybody hates him then. As soon as he joins Norwich he''s suddenly a hero.

I''m not saying he should be booed, nor would I/did I boo him. But he''s got to prove to me first he was worth signing, and that he wants to play for Norwich. Until then, I will not treat him like a god, nor will I boo him.

[/quote]

Who has said he''s a hero?? All we''re saying is give him a chance, he''s done ok so far so lets get behind him whist hes playing for us.

[/quote]

Well, Wiz for one. It seems to me that everybody suddenly loves him because he''s joined us and have completely forgotten the fact they hated him not long ago. I''m not going to lie, I hated him. I will not boo him or wish him to fail here, but he will have to prove his worth at this club for me to change my opinion of him. Starting arguments, elbowing people and doing anything else he can possibly do to get himself sent off is not a good start in my eyes.

Like you, an ex Ipswich player wouldn''t be my first choice for a loanee but I''m all for giving people a chance and  the way he got stuck in at Birmingham was enough to convince me that he''s fully committed to helping us get out of trouble and will do a good job for us at the front.

He''s tall, strong, not pushed off the ball easily and worries defenders plus he''s hoping for a contract with us next year so has something to prove.

He''s also relishing and fired up for the game at PR and the Ipswich fans are convinced that he''ll score against them as ex players who clubs don''t want, seem to have a habit of doing, so if he does his bit in getting us points there and helps us survive then he''ll be good enough for me and 1000''s of others I suspect.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Bit hypocritical. Isn''t that the same as I could say about you lot. He scores for Ipswich against us and everybody hates him then. As soon as he joins Norwich he''s suddenly a hero.

I''m not saying he should be booed, nor would I/did I boo him. But he''s got to prove to me first he was worth signing, and that he wants to play for Norwich. Until then, I will not treat him like a god, nor will I boo him.

[/quote]

Who has said he''s a hero?? All we''re saying is give him a chance, he''s done ok so far so lets get behind him whist hes playing for us.

[/quote]

Well, Wiz for one. It seems to me that everybody suddenly loves him because he''s joined us and have completely forgotten the fact they hated him not long ago. I''m not going to lie, I hated him. I will not boo him or wish him to fail here, but he will have to prove his worth at this club for me to change my opinion of him. Starting arguments, elbowing people and doing anything else he can possibly do to get himself sent off is not a good start in my eyes.

[/quote]

Lee, like Iwan, upsets defenders, he rattles people, and against Brum, and Wednesday when he came on he did it tenfold.

City have lacked that ballsy quality he has.

Believe me Shaun, he will wind ''THEM'' up something rotten, and if he hits the winner at Pootaloo Road, you, like the other doubters, will end up loving him.

yeh i was appalled that he was booed. He''s a Palace player, so what he played a bit for the scum.With the season weve had and the situation were in i dont give a toss where he comes from as long as he does the business.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="cityangel"]

Guess when he scores at PR and celebrates, the fans who booed him will be chanting his name [:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please point out a single genuine post where any one of us has stated he is a hero?

[:^)]

Nice to see the EEN have copied my original post and some from other posters into their paper tonight, they didn''t ask for my permission plus I received no payment [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]Nice to see the EEN have copied my original post and some from other posters into their paper tonight, they didn''t ask for my permission plus I received no payment [:)][/quote]

They don''t have to ask for permission [:)]

I once queried it when one of my posts was in the EDP, and was told they don''t have to ask for permission.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Nice to see the EEN have copied my original post and some from other posters into their paper tonight, they didn''t ask for my permission plus I received no payment [:)][/quote]

I once queried it when one of my posts was in the EDP, and was told they don''t have to ask for permission.

[/quote]

I knew that WAY49 but its not right is it, will put copyright owned by CA next time, lol

''Absolute idiots that boo a home player, no matter who he played for in his past. Clueless to$$ers that have no clue about football.''

I agree, which is why I am moving next season with my 2 mates, as completely sick of behaviour of the crowd round me (bloke next to me who works for Bank of Scotland I believe, was booing Lee) who have rubbished our players all season. OK Fotheringham was not playing well but the abuse was a disgrace. My fellow ''supporters'' who did not take happily to my assessment of them, complain that they pay their money, and can vent their opinion. I accept this, but why play into our enemies hands by de-moralising your own players. Shouting ''Scottish C--T at Marshall, who has played well this season, is shameful (and do we not have a Scottish Manager?). Pathetic. Give me that mythical Supporter the ''happy clapper'' any day.  

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I knew that WAY49 but its not right is it, will put copyright owned by CA next time, lol

[/quote]Pink Un terms and conditions....

Contributions

We are delighted to receive your contributions to our bulletin boards, chat

rooms and the like but only on the basis that:

• you accept that they may be monitored;
  • you accept that we may exercise editorial control over them and may decide

not to allow publication at our absolute discretion;
  • you warrant to us that all such contributions are lawful and not obscene,

offensive, defamatory or infringe any rights of any third party and that you

will indemnify us in respect of any breach of that warranty;
  • you warrant to all us that all content that you submit will be accurate,

truthful and not misleading in any way;
  • you licence us and all Group Companies to use the information you provide

on any medium and you waive your moral rights in respect of it.
Mind you, I can''t believe the point about "all content will be accurate, truthful and not misleading" is really being upheld unless half the people here do work in ASDA.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Once it''s on here it''s ours, all ours!

[/quote]

Still don''t make it right although being an EEN reader I knew it happened but if people wanted their thoughts published in the paper they would submit it for the readers letters page wouldn''t they?

Probably another reason why people don''t use their real names!

Anyway back to Alan Lee, do we all agree he should start against Swansea?

[quote user="corbs"]

''Absolute idiots that boo a home player, no matter who he played for in his past. Clueless to$$ers that have no clue about football.''

I agree, which is why I am moving next season with my 2 mates, as completely sick of behaviour of the crowd round me (bloke next to me who works for Bank of Scotland I believe, was booing Lee) who have rubbished our players all season. OK Fotheringham was not playing well but the abuse was a disgrace. My fellow ''supporters'' who did not take happily to my assessment of them, complain that they pay their money, and can vent their opinion. I accept this, but why play into our enemies hands by de-moralising your own players. Shouting ''Scottish C--T at Marshall, who has played well this season, is shameful (and do we not have a Scottish Manager?). Pathetic. Give me that mythical Supporter the ''happy clapper'' any day.  

[/quote]

I''m afraid that a lot of fans don''t think using common sense and thats why you get many fans like you describe!

I like a lot of the crowd ventede my anger at the useless ref but I know the more the crowd get on to the ref the more likely he is going to give another sh*t decision!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

Still don''t make it right although being an EEN reader I knew it happened but if people wanted their thoughts published in the paper they would submit it for the readers letters page wouldn''t they?

[/quote]

[quote user="Hissing Sid"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

D''OH!!!

Lets try that again shall we?

No doubt he should start on Saturday. As has been mentioned (by Wiz I think,) he''s the first big hard striker willing to get into the defenders faces since Iwan departed.

And as has already been stated, I don''t think theres any doubt that he''ll score at Ip***ch.

As for the booing - sad, and wrong. He''s in yellow and green now, who cares what he used to be.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Most certainly Angel................and I''ve never called Lee a City hero, although, I do believe, he has the potenial to become one!

[/quote]

[/quote]

You should feel pleased that they deemed your "copy" to be good enough for inclusion in their paper. Believe you me, they wouldn''t have picked your piece if it was terribly written and needed too many editorial changes. I have enjoyed the rare occasions that they have printed my material. I was well aware that Archant have the copyright to everything I contribute to this board. If you don''t like it, don''t use this board.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

You should feel pleased that they deemed your "copy" to be good enough for inclusion in their paper. Believe you me, they wouldn''t have picked your piece if it was terribly written and needed too many editorial changes. I have enjoyed the rare occasions that they have printed my material. I was well aware that Archant have the copyright to everything I contribute to this board. If you don''t like it, don''t use this board.

[/quote]

I did put a smiley after my post telling Archant off for using my post which should have told you that my post was in jest and not serious.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Well I do CA. Like others, I can''t understand why Gunn took so long to bring him on on Saturday.[/quote]Frankly I would start him, there''s a bigger picture to think about here!!  Sod if he''s played for Ipswich.

He has something that you just cant teach.   He winds up the opposition fans and players plus he gets the home crowd going too.     Plus throw in the fact he is a decent target man with a bit of pace and you have a pretty decent striker, at this level and most definately lower.If you were going to have a scrap, in the football sense, then Alan Lee would be someone you want in your team.

[quote user="Duffman"]He has something that you just cant teach.   He winds up the opposition fans and players plus he gets the home crowd going too.     Plus throw in the fact he is a decent target man with a bit of pace and you have a pretty decent striker, at this level and most definately lower.

If you were going to have a scrap, in the football sense, then Alan Lee would be someone you want in your team.
[/quote]

Agreed [Y]

I am absolutely against booing anyone who puts on a Norwich shirt. I suspect that it doesn''t bother Lee too much though, he''s used to abuse, on and off the pitch. I also believe any booing will turn into adulation when the mayhem he creates in the oppostion''s defence turns into goals; and along with other posters, I''m convinced he''ll put one away at Portaloo Road.

Worked his socks off again today, anyone going to boo him on Monday, I hope not!!

just got back and must say I thought Lee was pretty much one of the best out there today. Full marks must also be awarded for the w*nker sign he gave the linesman. He got it spot on and despite the fact it was dissent, I like the fact he took one for the team!!