Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who booed Alan Lee today??

Was anyone else a bit surprised that a small section of the Barclay felt it neccessary to boo Lee when he came on today, wasn''t too loud but easily heard from the City Stand and was completely unneccessary in my opinion. He was wanted by 3 championship clubs and chose us, worked his socks off last week  at Birmingham last week and wants to join us on a perm basis.

So get off his back whoever you are and get behind him whilst he''s in the green and yellow shirt, he''ll get enough stick from them at PR on the 19th, he doesn''t need it from us too.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Probably the away support given his goal celebration towards them when he was at Rotherham....[/quote]

It sounded as it came from the Barclay to me Pete but I hope I''m wrong.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Probably the away support given his goal celebration towards them when he was at Rotherham....[/quote]

There were some who sat behind us in the LB booed him, I soon told them to shut their traps.

I was in the barclay right near the wednesday fans and im pretty certain it was coming from them

On the subject of alan lee why did we not bring him on at half time. No physical presence up front at all. Should have taken carney off put lee upfront and stick gow on the left

[quote user="cityangel"]

Was anyone else a bit surprised that a small section of the Barclay felt it neccessary to boo Lee when he came on today, wasn''t too loud but easily heard from the City Stand and was completely unneccessary in my opinion. He was wanted by 3 championship clubs and chose us, worked his socks off last week  at Birmingham last week and wants to join us on a perm basis.

So get off his back whoever you are and get behind him whilst he''s in the green and yellow shirt, he''ll get enough stick from them at PR on the 19th, he doesn''t need it from us too.

[/quote]

I said as much on the Ricardo''s match report thread, I was disgusted at those supporters near us, let them know it as well.

Their was some tw*ts in the Barclay and the snake pit that booed Lee - totally unecessary!

When you are a pro footballer earning exceptional money I''m sure football local rivalries don''t come into it!

Lee joined us cause he didn''t want to leave his home on the Suffolk/Essex border.

Lee has given us 2 totally commited performances and looks well up for it!

In truth Lee should of started!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

There were some who sat behind us in the LB booed him, I soon told them to shut their traps.

[/quote]

Good on yer 49![Y]

some booing in n&p stand when he came on, once a scummer always a scummer. yes he put himself about but he was lucky to stay on the pitch at Biringham and he was again involved in some incidents today, he will be a liabilty if he carries on like that

There were some boos near me,  but more at Croft going off rather than lee coming on;  concensus was that Lee should have been on earlier and was very much wanted to be on by the fans?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Definitely the Snake Pit, my neighbour and I gave them a disgusted look and called them a few interesting names, most of which rhymed with "spats".

I can''t understand this at all. Sure if the guy had been pants at Brum then there''s no need to big him up but that didn''t happen did it?When he warmed up in front of me I clapped him because of that performance and when he came on I stood and applauded (only partly because it was about bloomin'' time)...He''s wearing our shirt and he''s very obviously playing for us - end of.

[quote user="LQ"]I can''t understand this at all. Sure if the guy had been pants at Brum then there''s no need to big him up but that didn''t happen did it?

When he warmed up in front of me I clapped him because of that performance and when he came on I stood and applauded (only partly because it was about bloomin'' time)...

He''s wearing our shirt and he''s very obviously playing for us - end of.

[/quote]

Glad it wasn''t just me who didn''t understand it!! His performance at Birmingham and the 30 mins he got today showed that he''s committed to us and our club, what more can we ask?

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Definitely the Snake Pit, my neighbour and I gave them a disgusted look and called them a few interesting names, most of which rhymed with "spats".

[/quote]

I was sat in the snakepit yesterday and didn''t hear booing from that section. It was from over the far side of the LB or away fans.

OTBC

Absolute idiots that boo a home player, no matter who he played for in his past. Clueless to$$ers that have no clue about football.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]There were some boos near me,  but more at Croft going off rather than lee coming on;  concensus was that Lee should have been on earlier and was very much wanted to be on by the fans?[/quote]

If anyone was booing the fact that Croft was going off they need to get some glasses, he looked totally knackered from the first minute and should never have started imo. It was the poorest he has been for some time.

what do these individuals who Boo Lee expect him to do? score an own goal then run off celebrating with the opposition, flicking the V''s at Norwich fans and removing his shirt to unveil an Ipswich shirt?

there really are some ignorant peope out there!

jas :)

Guess when he scores at PR and celebrates, the fans who booed him will be chanting his name [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Guess when he scores at PR and celebrates, the fans who booed him will be chanting his name [:)]

[/quote]

Its always the case Angel, they''re probably the same lot who boo Curo too, oh well.[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Its always the case Angel, they''re probably the same lot who boo Curo too, oh well.[:S]

[/quote]Yeah, but Curo''s absolutely cr*p.I don''t agree with booing Curo, or any other player however. In fact, with Curo being such a confidence player, those that did probably made him worse than he already was. Well done.

[quote user="First Wizard"]When City are fighting for their own survival, booing your own is madness................unless its Andy Hughes![;)][/quote]Andy Hughes was awesome.I mean, he had even more grit and determination than Curo wiz!He was a worse footballer, mind ;]My Uncle & Cousin are Leeds fans - he''s well liked up there apparently!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Good on yer 49![Y]

[/quote]

Well they get on my nerves, blooming booing him before a ball was kicked.  Those very same people are the same ones who would be creaming their pants if he was to score a hatrick against the scum, fickle blooming lot.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Bit hypocritical. Isn''t that the same as I could say about you lot. He scores for Ipswich against us and everybody hates him then. As soon as he joins Norwich he''s suddenly a hero.

I''m not saying he should be booed, nor would I/did I boo him. But he''s got to prove to me first he was worth signing, and that he wants to play for Norwich. Until then, I will not treat him like a god, nor will I boo him.

Lee worried the Wednesday defense when he was on, hence why they had two men on him everytime the ball came towards him.

He needs to start in our next game with Gow at the head of a midfield diamond with Lappin on the left.

whats the problem?

he walked away from the scum...

he now wears yellow and green..

don''t we wish they all did!

there would be nobody left at port-a-looville!!!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Bit hypocritical. Isn''t that the same as I could say about you lot. He scores for Ipswich against us and everybody hates him then. As soon as he joins Norwich he''s suddenly a hero.

I''m not saying he should be booed, nor would I/did I boo him. But he''s got to prove to me first he was worth signing, and that he wants to play for Norwich. Until then, I will not treat him like a god, nor will I boo him.

[/quote]

Who has said he''s a hero?? All we''re saying is give him a chance, he''s done ok so far so lets get behind him whist hes playing for us.