Sign in to follow this  
ca

Norwich, Forest or Barnsley for that 3rd from bottom spot

This is how I predict the remaining fixtures for the 3 clubs that in my opnion will be scrapping to stay up.

Barnsley
Sheff Utd v Barnsley L
Watford v Barnsley, L
Barnsley v Swansea, W
Reading v Barnsley, L
Coventry v Barnsley, D
Barnsley v Wolverhampton, D
Plymouth v Barnsley, L         ---------- = 5 PTS = total of 50 pts

Forest
Nottm Forest v Bristol City, W
Sheff Utd v Nottm Forest, L
Nottm Forest v Coventry, W
Blackpool v Nottm Forest, L
Nottm Forest v Southampton, W -------- = 9 PTS = total of 51 pts

Norwich
Swansea v Norwich, L
Norwich v Watford, W
Ipswich v Norwich, D
Norwich v Reading, W
Charlton v Norwich, D ---------------- = 8PTS = total of 51 pts

I concede I''ve been generous to us against Reading but we do tend to play better against the teams at the top who everyone says will beat us.

How do predict the games for these 3 clubs ?(I''m assuming that Charlton and Saints go down)

You have been very generous to us and not only the Reading game , Watford are really in form at the moment and will be no easier than Sheff Wed .Ipswich have nothing left to play for and beating us will be their top priority now . Its going to be tight alright but i just get the feeling Saturdays result is going to send us down.

I doubt we will get 50 points.

Having said that I don''t think Barnsley or Forest will get 50 points either.

I see 49 points being safe, maybe even 48.

Predicting games at this stage of the season is really difficult because it is the time of the year when shock results are more likely - we''ve already seen a few recently. I think our superior goal difference might prove decisive in the end.

I agree with your Forest and Barnsley predictions. I think Norwich will lose one of their remaining home games which means we need to win at least one away game, possible but after saturday i feel we have lost the initiative

Southampton arent gone yet.... it could be forest AND barnsley/Norwich

soton have a game in hand dont forget.

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]

This is how I predict the remaining fixtures for the 3 clubs that in my opnion will be scrapping to stay up.

Barnsley
Sheff Utd v Barnsley L
Watford v Barnsley, L
Barnsley v Swansea, W
Reading v Barnsley, L
Coventry v Barnsley, D
Barnsley v Wolverhampton, D
Plymouth v Barnsley, L         ---------- = 5 PTS = total of 50 pts

Forest
Nottm Forest v Bristol City, W
Sheff Utd v Nottm Forest, L
Nottm Forest v Coventry, W
Blackpool v Nottm Forest, L
Nottm Forest v Southampton, W -------- = 9 PTS = total of 51 pts

Norwich
Swansea v Norwich, L
Norwich v Watford, W
Ipswich v Norwich, D
Norwich v Reading, W
Charlton v Norwich, D ---------------- = 8PTS = total of 51 pts

I concede I''ve been generous to us against Reading but we do tend to play better against the teams at the top who everyone says will beat us.

How do predict the games for these 3 clubs ?(I''m assuming that Charlton and Saints go down)

[/quote]

I would add Blackpool and Plymouth to that CA, if you have there fixtures?

For some reason I feel confident that I know what will happen for the rest of the season, win at Ipswich, draw against Swansea and Reading, loose against Watford at home, leaving us to either need a win or possibly a draw against Charlton on the last day.  They will be already relegated and about 3,000 Charlton fans will turn up.  We will take thousands and fill most of the ground for our "cup final".  It will be a lovely sunny day and we will talk about nothing else all the preceeding week.  The atmosphere before kick off will be amazing, fancy dress even the odd inflatable canary and a deafening noise.

Given all of the above and a Charlton team with nothing to play for do I really need to predict the result to you good people who have followed Norwich for years?......Oh well then Charlton to win 3-0 and us not to have a shot on target in the whole game, you heard it here first!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Hmm....I think Barnsley might be the ones too. But whatever, its terribly tight[:(]
[/quote]

Hmm? Ratty sending Curo to score for Barnsley will come back to haunt us![:(]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Southampton arent gone yet.... it could be forest AND barnsley/Norwich

soton have a game in hand dont forget.

jas :)

[/quote]

I predict that by the time we kick off on Staurday Saints will have lost at Watford & Wolves and we will have a game in hand!!!!!

im a bit worried now cause a loss agaisnt Swansea and thats 2 losses on the spin and wouldnt put us in a good mood for Watford. It will make the Watford game harder and if we get nothing there then were in real trouble. This weekend is key.

[quote user="Boot"]

For some reason I feel confident that I know what will happen for the rest of the season, win at Ipswich, draw against Swansea and Reading, loose against Watford at home, leaving us to either need a win or possibly a draw against Charlton on the last day.  They will be already relegated and about 3,000 Charlton fans will turn up.  We will take thousands and fill most of the ground for our "cup final".  It will be a lovely sunny day and we will talk about nothing else all the preceeding week.  The atmosphere before kick off will be amazing, fancy dress even the odd inflatable canary and a deafening noise.

Given all of the above and a Charlton team with nothing to play for do I really need to predict the result to you good people who have followed Norwich for years?......Oh well then Charlton to win 3-0 and us not to have a shot on target in the whole game, you heard it here first!

[/quote]3-0? If it goes down to the last day of the season I might put a tenner on them putting 6 past us...

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="astrodyne"]Hmm....I think Barnsley might be the ones too. But whatever, its terribly tight[:(]
[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the worst decisions he made after applying for the job of course [:)]

How do the rest of you see our last 5 games?

I have a funny feeling about Ipswich. Form often goes out of the window in derby games and I think we are as likely to get three points there as anywhere else in our remaining games. I''m a lot less confident about staying up now than I was over the international break, but the other teams around us are also there for a reason and we only have to do better than some of them over five games. I am still hopeful of beating the drop.

[quote user="Chip20"]I have a funny feeling about Ipswich. .[/quote]

They''ve only won 6 games at home this season, haven''t beaten many of the bottom clubs at home, got thrashed by Southampton at home so the odds are good but then like you say form goes out of the window in a ''''derby '''' game

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="astrodyne"]Hmm....I think Barnsley might be the ones too. But whatever, its terribly tight[:(][/quote]

[/quote]Although, it''s not to say that whoever would have played instead of Curo wouldn''t have scored those goals.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Although, it''s not to say that whoever would have played instead of Curo wouldn''t have scored those goals.
[/quote]

Curo scored them so anybodys granny could have![:)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Although, it''s not to say that whoever would have played instead of Curo wouldn''t have scored those goals.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think it would help our chances to send him back there[:^)][:S][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think it would help our chances to send him back there[:^)][:S][;)]

[/quote]

No the cunning plan MR N is to turn Curo into a blood bank and give all the rest of the team his yellow and green blood.

As long as it doesn''t reach their feet we will be OK[;)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]nail biting & bum clenching!!! [:S] it really will go down to the wire...my only fear if it goes to the lasy game of the season and with charlton gone they will play with freedom and we will be chit scared i think(hope not) OTBC

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="astrodyne"]Hmm....I think Barnsley might be the ones too. But whatever, its terribly tight[:(][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]nail biting & bum clenching!!! [:S] it really will go down to the wire...my only fear if it goes to the lasy game of the season and with charlton gone they will play with freedom and we will be chit scared i think(hope not) OTBC[/quote]Yep. You can see it now can''t you. We''ll have a ton of chances in the first half, not taking them. Charlton get one chance before half time, and score. Pessimistic maybe, but not too far from the truth as far as norwich are concerned.OTBC.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]nail biting & bum clenching!!! [:S] it really will go down to the wire...my only fear if it goes to the lasy game of the season and with charlton gone they will play with freedom and we will be chit scared i think(hope not) OTBC[/quote]

i am norwich though though but if we play like we did on saturday then we will go down and if goes 2 last game of season which it probs will then no chance after what happened in the fulham game. this is how is see it

V swansea L

V watford W

V ipswich W (i hope)

V reading D

V charlton L

so we on 50 hopefully be enough points

[quote user="ncfc1992bex"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]nail biting & bum clenching!!! [:S] it really will go down to the wire...my only fear if it goes to the lasy game of the season and with charlton gone they will play with freedom and we will be chit scared i think(hope not) OTBC[/quote]

i am norwich though though but if we play like we did on saturday then we will go down and if goes 2 last game of season which it probs will then no chance after what happened in the fulham game. this is how is see it

V swansea draw

V watford win

V ipswich win (fingers xrossed)

V reading lose

V charlton draw

so we on 51 hopefully be enough points

[/quote]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]its boiling down to a straight fight between city and forest imo...

[/quote]

I still think Barnsley are in the mix especially if they lose tonight. How do you see these games LGT?

Sheff Utd v Barnsley
Watford v Barnsley,
Barnsley v Swansea,
Reading v Barnsley,
Coventry v Barnsley,
Barnsley v Wolves,
Plymouth v Barnsley