Sign in to follow this  
Xavi- Poor Mans Ian Crook

Giovanni Dos Santos

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]If he isn''t injured by the time we play Ipsh#t the lad will probably tear us apart. Not looking forward to the game after this signing. I think it could be well worth the alleged 4mill+ they spent to get him on loan.[/quote]

trust me mate.. he isnt that good.. he has been sent on loan to a mid table championship club from a p*ss poor premiership side fighting relegation... if he was that good he''d be firing spurs up the league....

just because he once played for Barca doesn''t mean he''s brilliant..

Juan Velasco once put ronaldinho on his arris.... does that make him good?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]If he isn''t injured by the time we play Ipsh#t the lad will probably tear us apart. Not looking forward to the game after this signing. I think it could be well worth the alleged 4mill+ they spent to get him on loan.[/quote]

trust me mate.. he isnt that good.. he has been sent on loan to a mid table championship club from a p*ss poor premiership side fighting relegation... if he was that good he''d be firing spurs up the league....

just because he once played for Barca doesn''t mean he''s brilliant..

Juan Velasco once put ronaldinho on his arris.... does that make him good?

[/quote]and David Marshall saved a Ronaldinho penalty, one of only two keepers to do so i belive, but anyway Dos Santos was good against us in the friendly, he hasnt really had a poper chance anywhere, been injured most of time at Spurs, never played too much at Barca,but he does have skill and ability, i reckon he should rip everyone apart in the championship easyily

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

My friend, an Ipswich fan, said he stood out head and shoulders above the rest last night, set up several chances for their strikers which luckily they missed.

If he plays right midfield against us it will keep our left back Bertrand or Drury busy me thinks

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

My friend, an Ipswich fan, said he stood out head and shoulders above the rest last night, set up several chances for their strikers which luckily they missed.

If he plays right midfield against us it will keep our left back Bertrand or Drury busy me thinks

[/quote]

But.. bottom line is that was yet another home game they didn''t win in front of 18,000 fans all excited over a late play off push.[:|]

If your friend is right then it seems for all that Marcus Evans investment they are just relying on a loan player that they have no hope of signing to attain their mid-table mediocrity[:O] Maybe Evans is just "being cleverer than the rest"[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But.. bottom line is that was yet another home game they didn''t win in front of 18,000 fans all excited over a late play off push.[:|]

If your friend is right then it seems for all that Marcus Evans investment they are just relying on a loan player that they have no hope of signing to attain their mid-table mediocrity[:O] Maybe Evans is just "being cleverer than the rest"[:S]

Guess they were hoping that his signing would bolster attendances but it didn''t work last night did it and as for the play off''s they must have surely given up now.

[/quote]

He does have bags of pace which is worth a lot in this league.  Not sure about his end product but think he is a great player for the champ.

Having said that if the figures being bandied around on here are anywhere near accurate think this is a shocking waste of Ipswich''s money - bravo!

He''s talented, there''s no doubt about that.

But you''d fancy if you put a couple of big tackles into him early enough in the game it''d probably keep him fairly quiet.

I doubt they are paying much for his services as it was Spurs who got in touch with Town and asked them if they wanted to take him , Spurs probably want him to get a few games under his belt , according to the EADT it was Darren Bent who Town tried to get on loan .

Damn, thought they had paid the millions being mentioned.

Big risk for Spurs given the physicality of the champ.  Be a real shame if he got injured....