Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

TRavel Subsidiary Closed - a good or bad sign for the future

It probably escaped th notice of all the "non-football" investment haters on this forum, but the news of the Travel Subsidiary being wound up surely does point to the Board and even old Doomy reviewing these type of investments for profitability and cash flow generation, and reacting accordingly.  I am sorry for the employees that are affected by this but surely it does point to the fact that prudence does apply to non-football investment too and the PLC is not continuing to pour good money into non-core activity. 

Or is it just that the Board are finally taking notice of you guys and moving back to core?

In the current climate it''s very difficult for any sort of business to remain profitable.

I think the club has taken the view that it''s best to close it than allow it to drain club resources.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

It probably escaped th notice of all the "non-football" investment haters on this forum, but the news of the Travel Subsidiary being wound up surely does point to the Board and even old Doomy reviewing these type of investments for profitability and cash flow generation, and reacting accordingly.  I am sorry for the employees that are affected by this but surely it does point to the fact that prudence does apply to non-football investment too and the PLC is not continuing to pour good money into non-core activity. 

Or is it just that the Board are finally taking notice of you guys and moving back to core?

[/quote]

I thought it was a travel agency (located in the GW stand) run by a third party and NCFC get a % of the profits. Thus it is not managed by NCFC and NCFC do not exert any management control, i.e., do not make the decision to close it!

Disapointing for the 4 employees of Travel Norwich City but if it wasn''t making money then the club is right to close it down!

I used it a couple of times in the early days but found that I could book much cheaper online!