Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Matty

I have to say well done to Svensson. His performance on Saturday has been overlooked as he was a deserved man on the match - proving what a player can do when given time in the team.

Matty is not a target man and not strong in the air. But his touch and passing were a joy on saturday and showed what can be done with players who can move the ball around well. Unfortunately he is currently the best passer at the club - which says it all about our midfield really.

Well done Matty - you looked class today.

OTBC

[quote]I have to say well done to Svensson. His performance on Saturday has been overlooked as he was a deserved man on the match - proving what a player can do when given time in the team. Matty is not a t...[/quote]

Today?  How long have you been writing that Zipper! I agree though.  Sven was great on Saturday, really great

Fleming did make some positive contributions but a couple of last ditch interceptions pale into insignificance compared to poor distribution and repeatedly allowing the opponent to turn you.

None of the defensive line up impressed on Sat and Flem has to be included in this - the organisation of 4 defenders against 1 striker was shocking. Drury was clearly unfit and should not have played. He has probably been our most consistent player but he was not on the game on sat and worthy should not have played him or Drury should have admitted he was not up to it.

Charlton failed to cope with Dickov and Flem failed to give Charlie cover when it was clear Dickov was up for it. Flems handling of Bothroyd in the first half was poor and resulted in a couple of good shots that Greeno did well to keep out. I think I have already said enough about Eddie.

It is all about organisation - we get pulled out of shape too easily and again on sat when caught on the break the tendency is for all players to get to the 6/18 yd line as quickly as possible rather than defend or track players who drop off them - a la Kilbanes goal. We are at our most vulnerable when we have men pushed forward.

OTBC