Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Hoolahan out for the rest of the season

[quote user="AJ"]It is a big blow, but at the end of the day we have a team which can deliver the goods.Gow is absolute key now.[/quote]Agree 100%. When he and the team are on song such as v Cardiff it was lovely to watch. But I''d rather lose Hoolahan than Shackell right now. I favour winning as many corners as poss and getting lots of balls into the box. Carney, Lappin and Pattison could each do that job - I go for Lappin (maybe because I''m sentimental old fool but mainly because I think he can put the ball where it''s needed) just ahead of Carney. Running the ball through the centre channel is much harder and Gow will attack the ball if it''s played to him from anywhere. We won no corners against Cardiff (but got lucky with them playing so forward) - got plenty against Plymouth but with Clingan taking them, didn''t make the most of them.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]lucky we got Carney then i suppose. I''d do the Drury n Plastic combo vs Brum tho n try to shut them out, with patty in the middle, keep Gow n Mooney up top
[/quote]

Well, I am worried because I saw Carney play against Plymouth and I was not impressed at all.  He did not make one tackle that I can remember and ran around chasing shadows. I would rather see Lappin give a chance, but I really do fear that we will badly miss Hoolahan.

Hmmm going to be interesting to see what happens now with Hoolahan and Russell out.

I wouldn''t be surprised if they went with Lappin in the middle with Carney wide left.

Fingers crossed next season he comes back better than ever and helps propel us up the table. He''s been very effective recently and whilst we can manage it''s still a blow for us. Hopefully Gow can stay injury free, because if he doesn''t then I dread to think what could happen.

[quote user="BlueJam"]Hoolahoops is the best player on the park. Amazing ball skills and can unlock defence like no other in the side. Massive blow to lose him, just as he was starting to show us exactly why we were so excited at him coming here. If we now go down, we wont see him in a city shirt ever again. I''m gutted.
[/quote]

You''re 100% right -it''s a potentially crippling blow. Who are the ball playing replacements to bring in?? Exactly - we ain''t got anyone remotely like Wes in that respect. Possible replacements are Fozzy, Pattison and Lappin but there are serious issues with all these.

Fozzy - how can he ever play for us again with any sense of confidence after the fearful and ridiculous abuse mnay fans gave him?

Pattison - has totally disappeared since Gunn took over and must, at best, be seriously unfit (and at worse have a poor attitude)?   

Lappin - best of the bunch but has played no football of note for about 18 months!!

I have not read the rest of the thread so dont shoot me down if this has been said. Maybe we have got Lee on loan so Gow can play in a role similar to Hoolahans? Or maybe just because Carney will be on the wing, who looks like a good crosser of the ball, therefore we need a big man in the middle to get on the end of these!