Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Hoolahan out for the rest of the season

How bad is this for us? He seems to have been getting better and better so I''d have to say terrible. Maybe Carney can step up?

It''s on the home page of the PinkUn site.

Not good at all - although he has a tendency to hold onto the ball for just a bit too long, Wes has been a revelation in the last few games.

as i have said on here 20 times or so...that was an aweful tackle that went unpunished...then look at the 2nd yellow card rusty got absolutly outragous

when he went down(hooloohoop) i thought he might have a broken his leg it looked that bad and how can the ref who was stood not 5 meters away see NOTHING

[quote user="ron obvious"]Oh %!%&*%!($!)!&&__$!&_$*&!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]I agree, not good [:(]

This is not the news we wanted to hear. He was just beginning to get going after a settled run in the side. Carney the most obvious replacement?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]How bad is this for us? He seems to have been getting better and better so I''d have to say terrible.

Maybe Carney can step up?
[/quote]

Terrible blow for us at this stage, I think Gow could be quite creative in mid field and we should now play him there and give Cody his big chance. 

Dont panic....maybe the flair gow has got can be used in a wide position... that would free up space for cody to start up front.

Another option would be to play carney and hes got a good left foot as well so im not too worried...i admit its a blow but at least its not marshall or shackell out for the season

KEEP POSITIVE!!!

Could be a blessing in disguise. I dont like Hoolahan left wing and he seems to have lost his in the hole position with the arrival of Gow and Mooney. We look more solid with a natural left winger there, with the position were in Hoolahan is a luxury. Id much prefer Carney or Pattison or Lappin left wing, especially away from home.

ok,

So hands up who''s actually surprised?  he looked in bad shape at the end of the first half and didn''t come back on.  that should have said everything.

Not good - I''m not so sure about playing Gow in midfield tbh. I think he likes to play as a striker who can drop very deep and link midfield to attack, and I also think he likes to have his back to the oppositions goal. Pattison and Carney then to replace Russell and Hoolahan for me[:)]

[quote user="astrodyne"]Not good - I''m not so sure about playing Gow in midfield tbh. I think he likes to play as a striker who can drop very deep and link midfield to attack, and I also think he likes to have his back to the oppositions goal. Pattison and Carney then to replace Russell and Hoolahan for me[:)]
[/quote]

Thats a fair point but i feel that we will be missing the flair that hoolahan brings to the midfield....if we go with carney or pattison we look very ordinary

Gow is the only player who can play left side and has a bit of flair dont you think?

Carney, Lappin, Bertrand or Pattison can fill in there, but its a big blow for us.

Gow has been a different player up front - 2 MoM performances.  Cannot see us risking this by moving him back to the wing.

Give Pattison a go, he might not have flair but has aggression and a good workrate.

Hoolahoops is the best player on the park. Amazing ball skills and can unlock defence like no other in the side. Massive blow to lose him, just as he was starting to show us exactly why we were so excited at him coming here. If we now go down, we wont see him in a city shirt ever again. I''m gutted.

Gunny''s statement  :-

". . .this is now an opportunity for one of a number of players who have been waiting for their chance on the sidelines. . ."

Looks like a step up for Lappin ?

Don''t move Gow, if it works don''t fix it, he has done so well where he is.

no great loss in my opinion. Hooly flatters to deceive with all his flicks and tricks but rarely has any end product. Bring in Carney and he will give us natural width on the left and give some cover in front of Bertrand when we are defending.

Losing Hoolahan is arguably a massive blow in that he''s our only real creative midfielder. However, it''s equably arguable that his left-wing position leaves us quite open. Could be interesting, Pattison in CM on saturday - getting forward as often as possible. Then I guess its between Lappin and Carney for left-mid?

I don''t think it''s disastorous but Gow looks far better up front and for me he has to stay there.

[quote user="canarychris"]no great loss in my opinion. Hooly flatters to deceive with all his flicks and tricks but rarely has any end product. Bring in Carney and he will give us natural width on the left and give some cover in front of Bertrand when we are defending.[/quote]

100% agraee, no need for panic, perhaps this will prove that we really don''t need him.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="canarychris"]no great loss in my opinion. Hooly flatters to deceive with all his flicks and tricks but rarely has any end product. Bring in Carney and he will give us natural width on the left and give some cover in front of Bertrand when we are defending.[/quote]

100% agraee, no need for panic, perhaps this will prove that we really don''t need him.

[/quote]Well it did look a bit congested through the middle on Saturday as sometimes both Gow and Hoolahan were trying to play on the same blade of grass - but you can never have enough good players sitting on your subs bench - still a big loss for me[:(]

Its a shame, but not the end of the world. Without Hoolahan we are likely to have a better shape and will be less exposed down the left flank. I think that many people overlook both Wes'' extreme one footedness and his alarming habit of giving the ball away cheaply when under  no pressur and with lots of his teammates committed forwards.

Without doubt he has flair and imagination, but can also be completely peripheral to games. I would be more worried if we lost Gow to be honest. I just hope that Gunn is now big enough to bring Pattison back and give us some drive in midfield to match the new quality upfront.

lucky we got Carney then i suppose. I''d do the Drury n Plastic combo vs Brum tho n try to shut them out, with patty in the middle, keep Gow n Mooney up top

It is a big blow, but at the end of the day we have a team which can deliver the goods.Gow is absolute key now.