Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

TEENAGE KICKS: Hoolahan Out.......Alan Lee In?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]alan lee and mooney up front - crofty on the left - gow on the right,,,simple as,,,unless mooney or gow are also injured???[/quote]As far as we know they''re not injured.Thing is though mate, do you want to change whats working? Gow and Mooney upfront look good, and Croft is alot better on the right i think. His crossing isn''t excellent with his right foot, if he has to use his left...

[quote user="bleach"]

i reckon gow will fill ruski''s spot, carney on the left, lee and mooney upfront. that doesn''t sound too bad.

[/quote]Hmm..he might be good in the middle. It''d be interesting at the least. I do think Gow and Mooney work quite well together though and i am reluctant to see that change.

i think moving for lee gives us an insight into gunn''s thinking....i mean, he''s lost two first choice midfielders, but brought in a striker. to me this indicates that our strikeforce will be changed - but by keeping gow in centre/attacking mid we can still utilise his creativity, so hopefully that chemistry shouldn''t be affected too much. i think carney should be given a start now - he''s got a lot to prove, to his parent club and to his country, so i think he''ll be up for a good scrap. plus i think he adds a little more protection down our left flank than hooly would have.

[quote user="bleach"]

i reckon gow will fill ruski''s spot, carney on the left, lee and mooney upfront. that doesn''t sound too bad.

[/quote]Only 5 loanees can play at same time. We have: Bertrand, Shackell, Mooney, Gow, Carney and (Lee) and Leiger. Have I missed any?.

[quote user="bleach"]

[/quote]

Sounds good to me too if it means keeping Fotheringham and Pattison out of the team

[quote user="pliff"][quote user="bleach"]

[/quote]

Sounds good to me too if it means keeping Fotheringham and Pattison out of the team

[/quote]If he plays Gow, Mooney, Carney and Lee, which one of Shackell and Bertrand would you leave out, because he can''t play all 6.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="pliff"][quote user="bleach"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If he plays Gow, Mooney, Carney and Lee, which one of Shackell and Bertrand would you leave out, because he can''t play all 6.[/quote]i doubt if carney will be playing...maybe drury will come back, allowing plastic to move further up the pitch at left midfield...

Gow doesn''t count because he is on loan from Rangers so is technically an ''international'' loan. The five loan players in one squad is only players on loan from other English teams.

[quote user="Willmeister"]Gow doesn''t count because he is on loan from Rangers so is technically an ''international'' loan. The five loan players in one squad is only players on loan from other English teams.
[/quote]If that is true and on reflection I think you are right then a team could field 11 loan players if they worked it right.

We could indeed have five players on loan from English teams and Six players from clubs around the world and we wouldn''t need the bother of owning any of our own players, a sign of things to come next season perhaps?

Cant see lee starting anywhere but the bench come sat.   Why break up the mooney/gow partnership that has looked awesome,  and gow is far less effective in our midfield?

For me its clear that mooneys emergency loan is not going to be extended and that we need something for those last few games  - incl the Reading game where mooney cant play.   Lee on bench and brought on as a sub,  with cody dropping down the pecking order.