Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Loon Striker until the end of the Season?............

[quote user="singing canary"]

he had a good spell at a couple of clubs ..... but 4 clubs managed 7 .

im not overly keen to be honest .

[/quote]I think your being harsh if I''m honest. He has scored 92 goals overall, i don''t think you should turn a blind eye to that.Truth is, it could go superbly, or horribly wrong, but up until the end of the season we must back him and the rest of the team 100%. Forget his heritage, the survival of this club matters more than making a former binner know we don''t appreciate him.On The Ball City!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Just my two penneth worth, but I think he will play Gow in the centre with Clingan, and Lee up top with Mooney. Carney taking Hoolahan''s place on the left.

Gow then becomes the playmaker we have been craving for sooooooooooo long!

Makes perfect sense to me?

[/quote]

More than likely, but one of the loanees would have to drop out from our previous squad.  We would have too many - even if you don''t include Gow we would have six.  Probably Leijer.

[quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Just my two penneth worth, but I think he will play Gow in the centre with Clingan, and Lee up top with Mooney. Carney taking Hoolahan''s place on the left.Gow then becomes the playmaker we have been craving for sooooooooooo long!Makes perfect sense to me?[/quote]

More than likely, but one of the loanees would have to drop out from our previous squad.  We would have too many - even if you don''t include Gow we would have six.  Probably Leijer.[/quote]

Can''t we use his Romany League link so that he qualifies as an overseas loan player or something? [:$]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Just my two penneth worth, but I think he will play Gow in the centre with Clingan, and Lee up top with Mooney. Carney taking Hoolahan''s place on the left.

[/quote]

I think you''re spot on with that analysis, Andy.

I not so sure about the change for Gow into midfield. I think Lee is being brought here more as a partner for Mcdonald.

How low can we sink , loaning a useless ex scum player , if this is a sign of the players Gunn wants to bring in roll on the summer and a decent manager.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If he does then he won''t be able to play both Shackell and Bertrand because only 5 loanees can play at same time.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Putney played very well for us, despite being an ex Binner, as did Clive Woods, John Miller, Clive Baker, Peter Morris, Louie Donowa, John Deehan & Keith Burtschin [:O]

[/quote]Disco Dale supported the binner scum as a kid and worked in their academy a few years ago too but soon saw the error of his ways - dunno about Ruel though, he was born there but I''m not sure if he has stayed a Canary or follows them now.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree, it sounds look a good plan and one I would like to see, although, having 2 big men up front is not ideal.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Can''t say I care - think sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture; if he helps keep us up, I''m all for it.

[/quote]thats what we should all be saying....spot on Andyjr [Y][Y][Y]

An extra force up front wont go amiss at this very, very crucial time for the club.

At least we know exactly what we are getting. It''s not a shot in the dark like some of our loanee have been, and I am not just referring to Killen.

Is is the type of player to make an impact.

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]I shall never ever forgive NCFC for this. There is a limit- and signing an ex IPSWICH SCUM striker is far beyond that limit [:@]

I shall boo him every single match he plays
[/quote]

Even if his goals keep us up!

At least Lee is good enough at this level something Cort sadly isn''t!

Get real!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]How low can we sink , loaning a useless ex scum player , if this is a sign of the players Gunn wants to bring in roll on the summer and a decent manager.
[/quote]

Another t*atish comment!

If Lee is useless then what is Cort?

I''d rather we had a decent team of players who were ours and we wern''t in the awful mess we''re in but thats in a parallel universe. I''m sure Lee will offer more than Killen, Cort and others put together!

[quote user="Beauseant"]If he does the business for us on the park, I don''t give a monkey''s about his past clubs.[/quote]

Exactly.

I said pretty much the same thing earlier in the thread.

If he helps us win games of football between now and the end of the season then I shall have no complaints.

Gow then becomes the playmaker we have been craving for sooooooooooo long!

Makes perfect sense to me?

Putney played very well for us, despite being an ex Binner, as did Clive Woods, John Miller, Clive Baker, Peter Morris, Louie Donowa, John Deehan & Keith Burtschin [:O]

[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more, from day one everyone has been crying out for a creative midfielder and an out and out centre forward, we now have a creative midfielder in Alan Gow and I really couldn''t care less whether Alan Lee played for the Scum or not, that was 2 CLUBS AGO, and if he scores goals that keep us in the Championship why would anyone complain?

And one further thought for those anti Alan Lee, will there be a more commited player in the 1-11 with something to prove than him at Portaloo Road??????

Lol, CT i can just about see where you''re coming from, but if he scores 5 goals between now and the end of the season that keep us up including one against the Filth, surely you''d be converted then?

And let''s face it, if he didn''t want to come here he really didn''t have to. It proves to me that he''s playing for his future.

I can just see it now....

90th minute, Portaloo road. Lee 1-0 - Runs over to us shushing the scummers and kissing the badge!