Sign in to follow this  
Theres only one Ken Foggo

Aberdeen v Dunfermline - familiar face in goal!

[quote user="JimRoyle"]He hasn''t had much to do. It''s 0-0 after extra time and about to go to penalties. I''d love to see him as hero of the hour![/quote]And he was!!!!!!!!!! [:D]He saved two penalties and Dunfermline are through to the Scottish Cup semi-final! Well done mate!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Scottish keepers! Who''d have ''em? [/quote]Alex Ferguson did!

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="JimRoyle"]He hasn''t had much to do. It''s 0-0 after extra time and about to go to penalties. I''d love to see him as hero of the hour!
[/quote]

And he was!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

He saved two penalties and Dunfermline are through to the Scottish Cup semi-final! Well done mate!
[/quote]

Grant not rating Gallagher and being obsessive about his 1m pound pursuit of Marshall was one of the things that set the alarm bells ringing about old PTP.

Gallagher was always good enough to play for NCFC and while I like Marshall, Gallagher would probably have on balance made less mistakes, maybe less world class saves but probably not much difference between him and Marshy in this league.

Grant''s treatment of him was disgraceful, loan keeper after loan keeper being brought in despite good performances. I mean it''s almost Lappinesque!

Marshall is a class above Gallagher. How many times did Gallagher get into the Scotland squad (not a huge measure of quality admittedly!) ?

the day gallager marked the same post, not once, but twice to let Akoz Buzacky score two free kicks at Carrow Road, was the day i had it confirmed that he was certainly not competent enough!

Yes Marshall would probably edge it as a player, but in the Championship there was nothing wrong with Gallagher and Grant spent a lot of money on players yet still got us in a worse position than when he started. I don''t regret signing Marshall, he''s great but maybe was a luxury we couldn''t afford. Or the money should have been spent on a decent striker.

[quote user="Huddy "]the day gallager marked the same post, not once, but twice to let Akoz Buzacky score two free kicks at Carrow Road, was the day i had it confirmed that he was certainly not competent enough![/quote]

Yes but Marshall''s hardly been error free himself has he?

Yeh i still remember that plymouth game when he made those errors very well. But to be honest Grant just destroyed his confidence by replacing him with any goalkeeper on the planet

But lets face it that season was a farce with all those goakeepers. Five goalkeepers were used two of those in Tony Warner and Jamie Ashdown were awful. Looking back at it I still think we should have just signed Lee Camp. I think he is just as good if not slightly better than Marshall and i think QPR bought him for only something like £250,000 which is 1/4 of what we payed for marshall. Or maybe even cheaper should have given Joe Lewis a go

Tony Warner was good. I thought we should have signed him, given Lewis a season as number 2 and then bought him into the starting 11.

gallacher  was useless on free  kicks i remember at southend  everyone in the away end could see a gaping great space left uncovered by gally which  southend gratefully plonked the ball into.  he was far too small (10 stone dripping wet)and got a new contract  on the back of a few spawny saves in THAT  qpr match at carrow road  [:D]