Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Let's All Sue West Ham

It seems to be all the rage. No sooner was the settlement in place with Sheffield United, it was quickly followed by Neil Warnock''s pronouncement that he''s very bitter and contacting his legal advisers. there''s talk that some Sheffield United players will also be following suit ( excuse the pun ).

Well, it seems that this might be good feeding ground for a lot of other players and clubs who have been damaged ( allegedly ) by West Ham''s misdeeds. Let''s examine the opportunities for Norwich City:

• If Sheffield United had stayed in the Premiership then Neil Warnock would still be there and not managing Crystal Palace, who took six points from us this season. If we had those six points we''d virtually be safe from relegation. That''s worth danger money - say 500 M.
  • There''s speculation that Lee Croft has already signed an agreement with Sheffield United. If they had remained in the Premiership the deal would have already been done with Norwich and we could have pushed for 1.5 million.
  • If West Ham had been relegated ( as they should have been ) they would have quickly disposed of players attracting value, including Dean Ashton and Robert Green. The sell-on clause should have yielded somewhere around 3 million for Norwich. Even if were not entitled to a sell-on fee we would have filed suit anyway and the court would have overlooked this one sneaking in amidst the thousands of others.

Well, that gets us up to 5 million rather sharpish. Can you think of other claims we can tack on so that we can clear the Norwich debt in total. Has anyone got a better idea at the moment of attracting a large injection of capital?

Fast forward to two decades in the future as a father walks through a cemetery in East London. The little boy looks at the stone on the grave and turns to his dad and asks, "Dad, what''s a West Ham United?"  The father explains that it was once a proud football team that got a little too clever for it''s boots.

Ha Ha Ha, Yankee, that''s very good.

I have often wondered why we never sued Liverpool for our ban from European football after the Heydsel debacle back in the 80''s

After all, we lost a lot of income for something that we were not involved in and it was the Merseyside''s fault for our ban.

Any one else have any ideas on that?

don`t be daft, scousers are never responsible for anything they are  always the victims we`d probably have ended up paying liverpool money [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

It seems to be all the rage. No sooner was the settlement in place with Sheffield United, it was quickly followed by Neil Warnock''s pronouncement that he''s very bitter and contacting his legal advisers. there''s talk that some Sheffield United players will also be following suit ( excuse the pun ).

Well, it seems that this might be good feeding ground for a lot of other players and clubs who have been damaged ( allegedly ) by West Ham''s misdeeds. Let''s examine the opportunities for Norwich City:

• If Sheffield United had stayed in the Premiership then Neil Warnock would still be there and not managing Crystal Palace, who took six points from us this season. If we had those six points we''d virtually be safe from relegation. That''s worth danger money - say 500 M.

• There''s speculation that Lee Croft has already signed an agreement with Sheffield United. If they had remained in the Premiership the deal would have already been done with Norwich and we could have pushed for 1.5 million.

• If West Ham had been relegated ( as they should have been ) they would have quickly disposed of players attracting value, including Dean Ashton and Robert Green. The sell-on clause should have yielded somewhere around 3 million for Norwich. Even if were not entitled to a sell-on fee we would have filed suit anyway and the court would have overlooked this one sneaking in amidst the thousands of others.

Well, that gets us up to 5 million rather sharpish. Can you think of other claims we can tack on so that we can clear the Norwich debt in total. Has anyone got a better idea at the moment of attracting a large injection of capital?

Fast forward to two decades in the future as a father walks through a cemetery in East London. The little boy looks at the stone on the grave and turns to his dad and asks, "Dad, what''s a West Ham United?"  The father explains that it was once a proud football team that got a little too clever for it''s boots.

[/quote]why not...lol...5 mil would come in very handy for building more resteraunts and car parks

[quote user="yellow hammer"]Ha Ha Ha, Yankee, that''s very good.

I have often wondered why we never sued Liverpool for our ban from European football after the Heydsel debacle back in the 80''s

After all, we lost a lot of income for something that we were not involved in and it was the Merseyside''s fault for our ban.

Any one else have any ideas on that?[/quote]This could have been a huge difference on the currant situation of the club. Had we got into Europe those three times, who knows where we''d be now; an established top Premier League side?

It''s not really West Ham''s fault but the FA''s fault for doing FA about it. Of course, it had nothing to do with ex-West Ham player Trevor Brooking being on the FA board, has it. Personllay, I think that they should have been deducted the points they attained due to Tevez'' goals. It''s not West Ham''s fault the FA were week, just as it''s not Arsenal''s fault that their 2nd goal wasn''t dissallowed. Grrr! Bloody football!!

In all seriousness every championship club has been disadvantaged by this fiasco as it now means Shef United will get £15m over the next 3 years at a time when their parachute payments have run out, effectively giving them a further 3 years parachute payments. All of us in competition with them (which may or may not include us depending on how the rest of the season goes) have been placed at a disadvantage through the PL bottling their decision.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Yeah, let''s adopt a ''Ploy named Sue''.....

That''ll certainly bring in some much needed ''Cash''....

[/quote]

Ha ha, back to your best form Mello. . . . .

Let''s sue Liverpool et al for getting England booted out of Europe and preventing us playing there in the mid 80''s.

This whole thing is ridiculous - people need to take some personal responsibility and stop finding excuses for failure.

I hate Warnock with a passion.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Yeah, let''s adopt a ''Ploy named Sue''.....

That''ll certainly bring in some much needed ''Cash''....

[/quote]

Very good Mello. That''s the kind of thing I was hoping for from you.

I often wonder how I manage to read the whole thread and still do things like that

D''oh!

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Ha ha Yankee, nice one. It must be  living in the States that has honed your litigate skills .

[/quote]Yeah dude, that''s like a so totally awesome post.Clearly it hasn''t worked for me! ;)

[quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Ha ha Yankee, nice one. It must be  living in the States that has honed your litigate skills .

[/quote]

Yeah dude, that''s like a so totally awesome post.

Clearly it hasn''t worked for me! ;)
[/quote]

Clearly, with you having 47 posts in 6 years there''s not a whole lot that has worked for you, period.

I still like the idea of putting in a claim against andy johnson for costing us our premiership place; that dive has cost us millions!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]Yeah dude, that''s like a so totally awesome post.Clearly it hasn''t worked for me! ;)[/quote]

Clearly, with you having 47 posts in 6 years there''s not a whole lot that has worked for you, period.

[/quote]And obviously with you having over 3100 posts despite having registered later than me, there''s not a whole lot that has worked for you either if you have so much time to spend on here.

[quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And obviously with you having over 3100 posts despite having registered later than me, there''s not a whole lot that has worked for you either if you have so much time to spend on here.
[/quote]

No debts...financially secure in a troubled world....just got back from 6 weeks in Florida to avoid the winter....retired early years ago. I''m doing okay thanks. You''re right about one thing however. I just checked to see my post ranking on this forum and I was surprised to see I''m in at number 8, higher than I thought. You, on the other hand show a ranking of zero. Very appropriate I think given the quality ( not quantity ) of your input. Just a little jab from you once in a rare while. You don''t really ever write anything interesting, do you? Well, after all, I suppose that''s why you''re a paperclip.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]Yeah dude, that''s like a so totally awesome post.Clearly it hasn''t worked for me! ;)[/quote]

[/quote]And obviously with you having over 3100 posts despite having registered later than me, there''s not a whole lot that has worked for you either if you have so much time to spend on here.[/quote]

No debts...financially secure in a troubled world....just got back from 6 weeks in Florida to avoid the winter....retired early years ago. I''m doing okay thanks. You''re right about one thing however. I just checked to see my post ranking on this forum and I was surprised to see I''m in at number 8, higher than I thought. You, on the other hand show a ranking of zero. Very appropriate I think given the quality ( not quantity ) of your input. Just a little jab from you once in a rare while. You don''t really ever write anything interesting, do you? Well, after all, I suppose that''s why you''re a paperclip.

[/quote]Very good. It''s nice to know you''re not one of the thousands shafted by Madoff or Stanford then. I have also spent 6 weeks off in the last year, back in the fine City actually, managing to catch a couple of games. In fact I hope to make another trip home next month too and plan to attend a few more. When was the last time you went to Carrow Road?I really couldn''t care less what my post ranking is as I only recently began to put more of an input into this board due to events currently afflicting the football Club I have devotedly supported for almost 30 years. I have many other things in life to be occupied with compared to a pretend Yankee, who writes such monotonous posts I usually end up yawning through boredom. Still a paperclip is inherently more useful than an ancient "Uncle Sam needs you" avatar.Now how about getting back to issues related to Norwich City Football Club which is surely the reason why you and I registered here in the first place?Have a nice day!

[quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And obviously with you having over 3100 posts despite having registered later than me, there''s not a whole lot that has worked for you either if you have so much time to spend on here.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good. It''s nice to know you''re not one of the thousands shafted by Madoff or Stanford then. I have also spent 6 weeks off in the last year, back in the fine City actually, managing to catch a couple of games. In fact I hope to make another trip home next month too and plan to attend a few more. When was the last time you went to Carrow Road?

I really couldn''t care less what my post ranking is as I only recently began to put more of an input into this board due to events currently afflicting the football Club I have devotedly supported for almost 30 years. I have many other things in life to be occupied with compared to a pretend Yankee, who writes such monotonous posts I usually end up yawning through boredom. Still a paperclip is inherently more useful than an ancient "Uncle Sam needs you" avatar.

Now how about getting back to issues related to Norwich City Football Club which is surely the reason why you and I registered here in the first place?

Have a nice day!
[/quote]

A simple solution for you and others who ALWAYS make such disingenuous claims....don''t read, then you don''t need to be bored or yawn. It''s really quite simple, particularly if you have such an active life as you claim.