Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

What is going on ?

I really do not understand what is going on at NCFC .

It was universally accepted that the team that won us promotion would need a complete revamp to have any chance in the Premier League . This was the view of Roy Waller / Neil Adams and most other pundits and dare i say most supporters . Only Green , Huckerby and Francis would be automatic choices - So we have bought Jonnson , Helveg , 2 keepers , Bentley ,Safri ,Doherty and Charlton to supposedly add the missing quality that would be needed- The result is that only Charlton is playing consistently and we have been reduced to basically the same team that won us promotion minus Iwan ( who despite being shown the door before the end of the season hasn''t been replaced - this should have been top priority ) and Kevin Cooper ( who is twice the player that Jonnson is and was allowed to go back to Wolves - yes he could beat players , make and score goals ) . Are we really surprised that we have failed to win a game ??  Why have we bought international players who are seemingly no better than what we had ? As well as Edworthy has played , he couldn''y get a game for Wolves , yet he is keeping out an Inter Milan international ? Can these players be so bad or is it they regard Norwich as one last pay day ??? Why is Worthington falling out with his players ??  Isn''t it about time that Worhington gave the supporters an explanation as to why every single player he has bought ( minus Charlton ) cannot get into the team ??Can the board trust Worthington with any more money - I wouldn''t think so .

So , don''t be surprised at the position we are in . The failure to beat 10 men Blackburn with last years team( even Henderson is back ! ) is indicative of where we are going - Back to the Championship . Bad signings , no money to spend, no wins- We are indeed in trouble. Worhington - What is going on ?

I do wonder what is happening at the club. I really do not understand why players are being played out of position. Jonson has got the quality but needs to go through the middle. Safri can hold up the ball, but Holt (who I admire from his spirit) just isn''t the quality we need) We need to tackle before they cross the half way line. Brennan - quality in the attacking third and stable at the back, much more use than jonson on the wing.  May be we just need to crowd the midfield as Palace are doing and get break away goals?? I am not sure, but we need to see more urgency from the bench. ''we live to fight another day'' does not fill me with confidence. I really do hope that the Sutton rumours are true.

Could not agree more , why does Worthington constantly fall out with players ? Were we not told what a great loan signing Bentley was , what a great step forward for the club getting Helveg was , neither can make the team . Add to that Safri and Doherty and you really do have to question what on earth the manager is up to . This keep doing what we are and the wins will come is complete rubbish , truth is we dont look like winning and playing somebody like Henderson when you have internationals in the squad is mind boggling. 26 games left , take away the games where you know we are not going to pick anything up and there are not many games left to get the points we need. Last season we finished a mile ahead of Palace this season they look miles better than us , they show a passion sadly lacking in Citys performances.

Spot on. No amount of ''support the club'', ''keep the faith'' posts elsewhere on this message board can hide the reality. Of course we all support the club but the harsh truth is that we are being frustrated week in and week out by a lack of strengthening in the summer. As you say this is a result of signing players who didn''t improve us and not replacing those like Iwan who left. The Board were also over cautious in the extreme and did not give the manager a chance to buy the quality required. They  hoped to get by till at least January but we could have a mountain to climb by then.

Add to that mix a manager who is stubborn in his treatment of certain players and who is at times tactically naive and you can see why some player frustration is creeping in. Against Everton Duncan Ferguson comes on and wins the game because we could not deal with that tactical change. Against Blackburn they had us under the cosh for 20 minutes before they scored and Worthy''s substitutions were the problem not the solution.

As for the January transfer window what is going on ? Why is Worthy talking about Darren Bent if he does not have that sort of cash ? Does he know what''s available for him ? If not the Board should be telling him so that plans can be made. Putting names like Bent around just builds the frustration if we then only have £1.5m available.

You do wonder if there are problems between the board and Worthy.An example of this was the sale of Malky Mckay.At the time Worthy said it was purely for football reasons,as Malky wanted first team football to keep his place in the Scotland team.But then just before the Liverpool game,the board announce there is no money left in the transfer kitty and in fact Worthy had overspent his budget,and that Malky had to be sold to balance the books.What is the truth ?

After watching all the home games and some of the away games, I would have to agree with all that has been said. Worthington seems to lose the plot when it comes to making substitutions, why bring on Henderson? In my mind you have to have a good strong midfield, that can hold the ball and pass it someone in OUR team, we give the ball away far to much. If you look at Bolton they play with 5 across the middle and where are they in the table? 4th or 5th. I know we have to score goals but when you don''t have the strikers that can score, then you come through from the midfield with someone like Huckerby up front who can run on to the through ball.  

[quote]You do wonder if there are problems between the board and Worthy.An example of this was the sale of Malky Mckay.At the time Worthy said it was purely for football reasons,as Malky wanted first team fo...[/quote]

sorry, your name hasn''t come up on the left hand side, so i don''t know who i am responding to, but

your post is the most frightening i have seen on here for ages

if the last scenerio is true we are really in trouble - all our worst nightmares all over again - though i myself don''t believe anything the board says, given what happened last year re hucks

whatever the circumstances, we deserve to be told the truth - what happened in the past can never happen again

You should see who it is now as I''ve removed the apostrophe from the user name (something these boards don''t like).