Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

ALAN LEE???????????????? it will be haynes next!!!

How about Ruel Fox - he was an woeful player weren''t he . . . . .[:P]Yeah so ok he was only born in Ipswich but surely that is worse than having played for them?!!!

You can bet we end up signing him for peanuts in the summer , useless in his prime and well past it now thats why Palace are getting rid so soon after signing him .

tbh despite haynes scoring against us (and has Lee, for the binners anyway) Haynes is a much better player, if we had to have a binner, i would have Haynes (wasnt he a youth player at Norwich/born in norwich or something?)

His goals lmfao , he couldnt score for Scum at the end of his time there and has he even scored since going to Palace ? maybe one .A crap player who we shouldnt have gone anywhere near .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]His goals lmfao , he couldnt score for Scum at the end of his time there and has he even scored since going to Palace ? maybe one .A crap player who we shouldnt have gone anywhere near .
[/quote]3 GOALS IN 19 apperances NOT all starts...if he scores 1 and it gets us the 3 points we need to stay up will you be blahhhhring???? NO!!!!!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]His goals lmfao , he couldnt score for Scum at the end of his time there [/quote]

Yet scored in his final game for them grabbing the winner vs Hull....

All my mates who support Town were sorry to see him leave.

That said i wouldn''t want him in our side ahead of Gow, Mooney and McDonald.

[quote user="pliff"]What about Ttrevor Putney, Keith Bertschin,Eric Gates, all good ex ITFC players[/quote]

Correct except Gates never played for the pride of Anglia!

I''ve no problems with siging Lee cause he can be a handful at this level and we do need a capable targetman cause Cort isn''t up to it!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Dictator Smith"]His goals lmfao , he couldnt score for Scum at the end of his time there and has he even scored since going to Palace ? maybe one .A crap player who we shouldnt have gone anywhere near . [/quote]3 GOALS IN 19 apperances NOT all starts...if he scores 1 and it gets us the 3 points we need to stay up will you be blahhhhring???? NO!!!!![/quote]I dont want him to get on the pitch and i dont want him scoring , hate the pikey and its a disgrace hes here , Gunn is a fool and has looked it from day one the sooner he goes back to being Mr Oddjob the better .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Dictator Smith"]His goals lmfao , he couldnt score for Scum at the end of his time there and has he even scored since going to Palace ? maybe one .A crap player who we shouldnt have gone anywhere near .
[/quote]3 GOALS IN 19 apperances NOT all starts...if he scores 1 and it gets us the 3 points we need to stay up will you be blahhhhring???? NO!!!!![/quote]

I dont want him to get on the pitch and i dont want him scoring , hate the pikey and its a disgrace hes here , Gunn is a fool and has looked it from day one the sooner he goes back to being Mr Oddjob the better .
[/quote]

Wow angry much? [:^)]

Nobody ever heaed of backup? Strength in depth? What happens if Gow or Mooney get injured?He sounds like a useful player to have around to me. Mooney, by his own admission, has been knackered at the end of games, so having a decent sub. who can preoccupy the opposition defence for the last 15 minutes might be jjust the tactic in some situations. You can never be certain about these things, but I''d give it the thumbs up.

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]

we will need a song for the binmen when he scores against them in a few weeks time :)

[/quote]I think we''ve got one or two already! Most of them making generous use the the word "sh*t "! [:D]

haha [:D] or the good old oh alan wooaaahhh he scored against the sum etc etc etc. just imagine how they would feel if he scored the winner against them [:D] coorrr just thinking about it makes me smile [:D]

[quote user="chicken"]How about Ruel Fox - he was an woeful player weren''t he . . . . .[:P]

Yeah so ok he was only born in Ipswich but surely that is worse than having played for them?!!!
[/quote]

Lee was born in Galway so he will fit right in with the growing Irish contingent. He''s pretty brave coming here but if he scores the goals to keep us up who will be calling him a scummer then?

I don''t know what the big deal is. He is a target man and isn''t unfit like Heartson and is 30 which is good going really. I still hope we keep Gow and if we can Mooney.I hope if we stay up we can have a half decent strike force. Not sure that this is permanent though - I should imagine he still has family around Ipswich or at least friends that he can stay with and also that he may be angling for a move. Where better to go than somewhere like here?To be honest if Gunn wants a closer look at him then its a good move, see what his commitment is like and his attitude and then come the summer you have three strikers you could look to keep that all know the club and the players. Lee may be prepared to drop a division as well so who knows, maybe Gunn is trying to cover all angles.Gow and Mooney are capable at this level so why would they want to drop, maybe Lee realises that at this stage in his career what he wants is football week in week out. Come the summer we may not have as many choices as we might like to have.

I really hope he scores just one goal for us, and i hope it''s the goal that gets us 3 points that will clinch survival for us... just to stop you lot moaning about an ex scummer. As far as I am concerned he is a palace player, a striker, with cort injured and now with Gow maybe playing left wing over Carney, another striker wouldn''t go a miss.

If he scores goals and keeps us up he will be hailed as an unlikely hero, lets just give the guy a chance

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="pliff"]What about Ttrevor Putney, Keith Bertschin,Eric Gates, all good ex ITFC players[/quote]

Correct except Gates never played for the pride of Anglia!

I''ve no problems with siging Lee cause he can be a handful at this level and we do need a capable targetman cause Cort isn''t up to it!

[/quote]

I stand corrected it was Clive Woods

What are you on about, we have needed a target man for 2 seasons and he is a target man. 6'' 3". Your opinion baffles me. Yes he''s not Shearer but at least he will put himself about. He will be a good loan signing wait and see. Just beacuse he''s an ex binner it completely over looks the bigger picture.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]tbh despite haynes scoring against us (and has Lee, for the binners anyway) Haynes is a much better player, if we had to have a binner, i would have Haynes (wasnt he a youth player at Norwich/born in norwich or something?)
[/quote]