Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

To boo or not to boo - The Uberscummer vs Garden Variety

In the wake of so much debate regarding Alan Lee and his reception, I thought I''d offer my two''penneth as to where I stand.

Although I have no love whatsoever for THAT club, or its constituent parts I shall be welcoming Mr Lee. I am a fan of his footballing ability but regardless of that, he''s now a canary and I shall treat him as such.

Whereas any ex-Ipswich player deserves a good boo when they play against us (it''s good for morale as much as anything else!) if they pull on the yellow that''s where it should end for me.

HOWEVER, my particular rule of thumb is that there are some players that are so Ipswich that they cannot ever be anything other than the enemy. 99% of Ipswich players don''t qualify for this and never will. It takes a special kind of twunt, one who goes beyond the usual overcelebrating a derby goal, or simply pulling on the Pony blue.

My personal list of Uberscummers extends only as far as:

Alan Brazil, David Johnson, Fabian Wilnis, Jim Magilton.

The only potential addition from the current ranks is that little annoyance Haynes, but he still has work to do.

Alan Lee, as much as he has proved a thorn in our side on occasion has never come close to being an arse about it in the same way the aforementioned muppets would have, hence he gets relegated to the level of garden variety Scummer in my eyes, and one that can therfore be booed playing for opposition but equally, can find redemption in pulling on a shirt of finest yellow without the instruction "Punch" written on it.

Likewise, if Dos Santos ever fancies signing for City, we''ll make an exception for him as well... [;)]

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]Alan''s loyalty to the Scum was very much there for all to see when he scored for Palarse against the Scum, take a look at his goal celebration![/quote]

The second Alan pulls on a City shirt he''s one of us, so enjoy that.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]Alan''s loyalty to the Scum was very much there for all to see when he scored for Palarse against the Scum, take a look at his goal celebration![/quote]

[/quote]..and it won''t be for very long as like most of the players we have had this season, he is only being borrowed. He is only a Temp, as you might say.

Should be a useful one though, Litaesque let''s hope.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

In the wake of so much debate regarding Alan Lee and his reception, I thought I''d offer my two''penneth as to where I stand.

Although I have no love whatsoever for THAT club, or its constituent parts I shall be welcoming Mr Lee. I am a fan of his footballing ability but regardless of that, he''s now a canary and I shall treat him as such.

Whereas any ex-Ipswich player deserves a good boo when they play against us (it''s good for morale as much as anything else!) if they pull on the yellow that''s where it should end for me.

HOWEVER, my particular rule of thumb is that there are some players that are so Ipswich that they cannot ever be anything other than the enemy. 99% of Ipswich players don''t qualify for this and never will. It takes a special kind of twunt, one who goes beyond the usual overcelebrating a derby goal, or simply pulling on the Pony blue.

The only potential addition from the current ranks is that little annoyance Haynes, but he still has work to do.

Alan Lee, as much as he has proved a thorn in our side on occasion has never come close to being an arse about it in the same way the aforementioned muppets would have, hence he gets relegated to the level of garden variety Scummer in my eyes, and one that can therfore be booed playing for opposition but equally, can find redemption in pulling on a shirt of finest yellow without the instruction "Punch" written on it.

Likewise, if Dos Santos ever fancies signing for City, we''ll make an exception for him as well... [;)]

[/quote]An applause for that man!

Er, it''s a no-brainer, isn''t it?  We support all players wearing a yellow shirt, regardless of their lineage. That way, hopefully, they play as well as they can for the team, thus gaining us a precious three points. Boo Lee, or any other player for that matter, and I can guarantee you that you will see a lacklustre performance from him and thus we might even lose!

I can''t get excited.....let alone Boo.....

Just another bod on the conveyor belt of loans.....

On a positive note, if he does stay as a ''permo,'' it wouldn''t cost much to have his name on the back of a replica shirt, I suppose....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I can''t get excited.....let alone Boo.....

Just another bod on the conveyor belt of loans.....

On a positive note, if he does stay as a ''permo,'' it wouldn''t cost much to have his name on the back of a replica shirt, I suppose....

[/quote]There are positives in all these things and if we try hard enough they are not hard to find. If loans continue as they have been doing then won''t have cost of putting any names on shirts, so will save money.

I think booing all Ipswich players cheapens the impact on the ones who really deserve it.

I bet when he gets booed, Haynes thinks ''it is just because I play for Ipswich'' and does not fully appreciate it is because he is a little **** and I actually physically hate him!

You also have to remember Scum fans are going to hate him more for joining us than we are for him coming. You only have to look at Andy Marshall. He got a few jeers from their lot but nothing compared to the reception he got from us.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Says the person who rates Barndoor?

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

I seriously cannot believe you haven''t added Pablo Cun..ago to your list, or even Judas Marshall !!

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says the person who will boo Lee the minute he steps on the pitch.  I hope you sit near to me [:)]

I feel dirty for following that link - must take a shower.

Still did reaffirm my faith in the average Ipswich supporter....

The way i see it is simple:

I support this club, always have and always will. Alan Lee plays for us so i''ll give him all the support that i would and will give the rest of the squad. I can''t possibly see how booing him could be considered reasonable?!!? Next people will be saying they hope he fails to score and does really crap for us..........................................................

Just imagine if he scores against scum for us at Portaloo Road, what would his reaction be?

a) Choose not to celebrate and show his respect for them.

b) Do a Shearer one arm in the air style celebration

c) Kiss City badge at same time as diving head first into away support.

I think he will stay pretty reserved as he is only with us on loan.  Who knows, in the summer he might be back at Ipswich!

football fans are fickle and forgetful

if alan lee pops up with a late goal somewhere the fans wont think twice about chanting for him

the only problem is if lee gets off to poor start people will get on his back after 1-2games saying ex-ipswich he''s here to send us down nonsense.

end of the day the player is obviously just trying to make a living.

[quote user="we8wba"]

football fans are fickle and forgetful

if alan lee pops up with a late goal somewhere the fans wont think twice about chanting for him

the only problem is if lee gets off to poor start people will get on his back after 1-2games saying ex-ipswich he''s here to send us down nonsense.

end of the day the player is obviously just trying to make a living.

[/quote]

Oh god you''re back [:''(] NOO!

Anyone got a link of this, would love to see it.

We''re in the middle of a desperate relegation battle to avoid going back into a League we haven''t been in since 1960 so booing a player in the yellow and green will be very counterproductive and very very t*atish!

Alan Lee or Carl Cort - Silly question I know which one I''d choose on footballing ability!

Leave it to the Scum to boo him. They''ll boo loud enough for all during the derby - and if they boo, we''ll get behind him. That''s how it works.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says the person who will boo Lee the minute he steps on the pitch.  I hope you sit near to me [:)]

[/quote]Where do you sit WAY? I''m guessing not the jarrold