Sign in to follow this  
canaries

championship stronger next season

coming up from league 1 mk dons, the posh, the foxes. premier league, west brom , maybe middlesbrough, newcastle, plus the normal top eight. stronger than ever i would say, if we dont get relegated this season i think we will next season.

[quote user="canaries"]

coming up from league 1 mk dons, the posh, the foxes. premier league, west brom , maybe middlesbrough, newcastle, plus the normal top eight. stronger than ever i would say, if we dont get relegated this season i think we will next season.

[/quote]

Glass still well and truly half empty then Chris? Tell me, as an avowed City fan could you explain why you have never yet posted anything remotely positive about the club, the team or its results?

All of this was said last year, but it''s still a complete mix with any team capable of beating any team on a regular basis. The difference between the Championship front runners and the rest is not so big as the equivalent in the Premiership.

i will not comment on a spelling mistake beau like you do me but i will explain, until  relegation from the premier league, 5 years ago would not have a bad word to say about the club. after that terrible day in west london, i fell out of love with club a bit, but  i thought the club would move on wards and upwards, since then nothing has changed , nothing has given me hope for the future, and like you have said , even wins now iam still negative, but if the club give us hope theres better times ahead, my mood will not change, hope thats explained a bit. standing outside city hall when we won the championship, brought a tear to my eye, full of joy, now we have a shambles, of a club with great support , nevermind i live in hope.

[quote user="canaries"]i will not comment on a spelling mistake beau like you do me but i will explain, until  relegation from the premier league, 5 years ago would not have a bad word to say about the club. after that terrible day in west london, i fell out of love with club a bit, but  i thought the club would move on wards and upwards, since then nothing has changed , nothing has given me hope for the future, and like you have said , even wins now iam still negative, but if the club give us hope theres better times ahead, my mood will not change, hope thats explained a bit. standing outside city hall when we won the championship, brought a tear to my eye, full of joy, now we have a shambles, of a club with great support , nevermind i live in hope.[/quote]

Ergo, you are not a City supporter.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canaries"]

[/quote]

Glass still well and truly half empty then Chris? Tell me, as an avowed City fan could you explain why you have never yet posted anything remotely positive about the club, the team or its results?

[/quote]''no football fan is happy with failure...we are just happy to see our

team win, be out of the relegation zone and have given ourselves a

fighting chance to stay in the championship''

my point is we will never move foward, with this loan policy, u cannot build a promotion winning team based on loans, stoke the exception.

[quote user="canaries"]u cannot build a promotion winning team based on loans, stoke the exception.[/quote]So... you can build a promotion winning team based on loans. [*-)]

[quote user="canaries"]the word i used was " the exception not the rule"[/quote]What you said was that you cannot build a promotion winning team based on loans (P). Then you said that the exception is Stoke, which is the same as asserting that you can build a promotion winning team based on loans (-P). In effect, you asserted that P was the case and that - P was also the case, which is a logical contradiction. You cannot assert them both at the same time. [I]

The Championship will always be strong, good clubs coming from the premiership and the league 1. Mk Dons are on a big wobble at the moment and may not come up though. We can talk about all that in 7 games time though we need to concentrate on this season first

[quote user="canaries"]the word i used was " the exception not the rule"[/quote]Morning Chris. Still at it I see! [;)]

[quote user="canaries"]the word i used was " the exception not the rule"[/quote]

Word is singular "exception" .

Please canaries, if you are going to continually post umpteen threads per day, read them start sentences with capital letters, etc.

Spelling i for one don''t worry to much about as long as it''s a good attempt but overlong sentences without capitals punctuation and all the other things as well as a negative attitude gives me a headache. do u understand that feeling

[quote user="Guy Gibson s dog."][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canaries"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

''no football fan is happy with failure...we are just happy to see our team win, be out of the relegation zone and have given ourselves a fighting chance to stay in the championship''
[/quote]HEY ggd..U NICKED MY QUOTE...LOL...[Y]

[quote user="canaries"]my point is we will never move foward, with this loan policy, u cannot build a promotion winning team based on loans, stoke the exception.[/quote]

Erm Huckerby, Harper, and Crouch ring any bells Chris?

I will help you Chris...... Loans, Norwich City FC, Championship title

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[quote user="canaries"]my point is we will never move foward, with this loan policy, u cannot build a promotion winning team based on loans, stoke the exception.[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t ring bells for Chris. He''ll think he''s back in Notre Dame.

Esmerelda!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

What is it now.....41 loaners in the last 4 seasons and we are 4th from bottom of division 2. Do you think the clubs loan policy has been a success?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="canaries"]the word i used was " the exception not the rule"[/quote]

What you said was that you cannot build a promotion winning team based on loans (P). Then you said that the exception is Stoke, which is the same as asserting that you can build a promotion winning team based on loans (-P). In effect, you asserted that P was the case and that - P was also the case, which is a logical contradiction. You cannot assert them both at the same time. [I]
[/quote]

Now i''m confused lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Now i''m confused lol

[/quote]Basically, canaries is asserting two incompatible propositions, i.e. that you cannot build a promotion winning team based on loans and that you can build a promotion winning team based on loans. Like I demonstrated before, this is a logical contradiction: the two propositions cannot both be true at the same time about the same thing. P & - P. [Y]Sorry. Mistakes in logic really get up my nose. [:P]

[quote user="canaries"]i will not comment on a spelling mistake beau like you do me but i will explain, until  relegation from the premier league, 5 years ago would not have a bad word to say about the club. after that terrible day in west london, i fell out of love with club a bit, but  i thought the club would move on wards and upwards, since then nothing has changed , nothing has given me hope for the future, and like you have said , even wins now iam still negative, but if the club give us hope theres better times ahead, my mood will not change, hope thats explained a bit. standing outside city hall when we won the championship, brought a tear to my eye, full of joy, now we have a shambles, of a club with great support , nevermind i live in hope.[/quote]

Standing? That was a bit dodgy, you may have fell out of your pram.

[quote user="Mange Tout"]

Standing? That was a bit dodgy, you may have fell out of your pram.

[/quote]

People in Ipswich don''t have prams.... Chris was in the Lidl trolley at the time.

Sorry to do this but to get back to the original point. The Championship has always been and will continue to be an average division filled with average teams.  The successful teams are simply the ones who are able to find some consistency.  Just look at our results against Wolves (the league leaders). If we could play like that every week we would be up there fighting for promotion.

I''ve yet to see one truely impressive team at Carrow Road this season

I can see both Middlesbrough and Newcastle struggling in this league, at least for the first season anyways.  Its been a while since either of them was down here, even Boro, and I think they''d get a shock.  They''ll lose their best players and struggle to find the kind of quality they want on name alone, especially with the behind the scenes nonsense at Newcastle these last few years.  Boro might scrape the play-offs.  West Brom are probably a bigger threat than either of those two!Can''t see Posh or MK Dons making a huge impact on the League, Fester might keep some momentum though.  So not really as strong as you think, eh chris?

the championship is a different kettle of fish than leauge 1 or the prem.

for example charlton , i know they got relegated last year but you not have thought they would be sitting at the bottom of the champinship this season

thier is so much transfer activity in the championship durring the summer , and whos clever at playing the game .

would you have thought burnley would have been much stronger than charlton this year , you never can tell .

swansea ? alot of teams have not spent the earth , they have been managed better than we have this season untill now.

its a lottery ,

[quote user="Canary02 III"]Swansea and Bristol City are probably the best footballing teams we''ve seen. Unless you count our academy side [;)][/quote]

I agree. I was very impressed with both of them, but no-one else has looked that great. Brum looked distinctly average and as for the mighty Wolves.......

[quote user="canaries"]

[/quote]

Sadly I can''t see Newcastle getting relegated. They''ve got Owen back for the last eight games and I reckon he''ll score at least five goals in those games which may be enough to keep them up. I think West Brom and Middleborough are doomed but Stoke may well stay up through their excellent home form. Sunderland, Bolton and Blackburn will pick up enough points to be safe which leaves the last place between Hull and Portsmouth.

Hull are the ones to watch for the last relegation place. Phil Brown seems to have completely lost it (starting with his sit down on the pitch team talk and ending with his claim that the booking of his goalkeeper changed the match agaist Arsenal on Tuesday) and is undoing all of the great work they did early on in the season. Dr Shack has diagnosed them as having ''Early Onset Second Season Syndrome'' and unfortunately it''s terminal [N][:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="canaries"]the word i used was " the exception not the rule"[/quote]

Word is singular "exception" .

Please canaries, if you are going to continually post umpteen threads per day, read them start sentences with capital letters, etc.

Spelling i for one don''t worry to much about as long as it''s a good attempt but overlong sentences without capitals punctuation and all the other things as well as a negative attitude gives me a headache. do u understand that feeling

[/quote]

Well put Butler. I wholeheartedly concur.