Sign in to follow this  
Archie

who would replace worthy?

there have been a few murmurings that worthy should go

could i just ask who would replace him? very few managerial replacements have worked recently, i can''t think of many lower league managers taking control of premier clubs that have succeeded

in my opinion the thought of getting rid of worthy is ridiculous anyway. we should stand by him even if we do go down. if anyone is going to take us back up, or indeed keep us up, it is him

For God''s sake!  ONE bad performance against a side we should have beat and the moaners are calling for Worthy''s head.  This is RIDICULOUS!!

I''m not having a go at you Archie because I know we''re in the same camp but these thoughts shouldn''t even be appearing in people''s minds

[quote]there have been a few murmurings that worthy should go could i just ask who would replace him? very few managerial replacements have worked recently, i can''t think of many lower league managers takin...[/quote]

Now don''t laugh, but if you had to replace Worthy, then, for me, it would have to be Mike Walker every time.

I agree that Worthington should not go, we need some continuity at the club - I don''t think it''s time for a fresh approach, however he needs to learn quickly and start changing things now before it''s too late. Should Worthy pack it in though, I have no idea who we would get - there''s always that Megson bloke who''s out of work

[quote]For God''s sake! ONE bad performance against a side we should have beat and the moaners are calling for Worthy''s head. This is RIDICULOUS!! I''m not having a go at you Archie because I know we''re in ...[/quote]

I agree we''re some way off any serious consideration of NW''s postion but I think, DD, you must have a new, extra thick pair of green and yellow specs if you think that ''one poor performance'' is the extent of our problems.We are a third of the way through the season and we are where we deserve to be.

[quote]For God''s sake! ONE bad performance against a side we should have beat and the moaners are calling for Worthy''s head. This is RIDICULOUS!! I''m not having a go at you Archie because I know we''re in ...[/quote]

Agree with you DD !

Without that bad defending in the last four minutes yesterday then hardly any of the "Worthy Out" posts would have appeared today.

and we are only 2 places off where we want to be.

Remember, 4th bottom is a result, an absolute result.

If we are in touching distance of this in January, funds will be available to Worthy. If we are stranded at the bottom, the board will cut their losses and will not make funds available.

So keep the faith, remember the target, and support the squad / manager 100%

[quote]and we are only 2 places off where we want to be. Remember, 4th bottom is a result, an absolute result. If we are in touching distance of this in January, funds will be available to Worthy. If we ar...[/quote]

What he said

[quote]I agree that Worthington should not go, we need some continuity at the club - I don''t think it''s time for a fresh approach, however he needs to learn quickly and start changing things now before it''...[/quote]

alex

please no!!  i just couldn''t stand it again.....

Replacing worthy would mean waving good bye to any transfer funds that are currently available.

To be fair has worthy actually under-performed? City are getting plaudits for their performances which suggests that they are playing well without getting results - and city have played better than they did on sat yet still lost. With the squad he has who is to say that we are exactly where we should be?

There are few better candidates around than worthy (Hoddle, Houllier, Adams, Megson hmm - no thanks) and Worthy does have a clear idea on what sort of team is needed to get back out of the championship if the very worst (but hardly unexpected) happens come May.

By buying in the summer he knew where our weaknesses were but has not had the faith to play the people he has bought and drop the players he trusted from last season. To me that is his only failing so far. He obviously saw something in the signings that were better than the current squad - its time to back his own judgement and play them rather than sticking with a comfort zone of the players who served him so well last season.

OTBC

Judging by the replies on this board and they all echo my thoughts exactly - where are these murmerings coming from? I certainly haven''t heard anyone call for Worthy''s head and I don''t think the vast majority of people on this board or at the ground have said anything remotely like that. People have questioned his decisions/transfers etc.. but this is not calling for him to be sacked. I think virtually everyone would agree that they are fully behind Worthy, so although I think it is good for you to post a topic like this backing Worthy, I don''t really think anyone wants him replaced anyway (unless Wenger fancies Norfolk) so I don''t know what provked it.