Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

simon lappin

why the love ?

he was never brilliant when he played at the start of his non existant norwich career, average at best, couldnt get in the side ahead of drury, and now he cant get in with bertrand here aswell, its not because hes been mistreated, its because hes not as good as the others!!

he hasnt exactly been begging for a move away though has he? hes in a good position training, getting a decent wage and gets the weekends off ! its not as if hes been hungry to play has it.

my point is that i dont understand why everybody seems to think hes the answer ? hes not a centre midfielder, matty pattison is a central midfielder, along with mark fotheringham. id much prefer patty, he was playing well before he just disappeared.

simply lappin isnt good enough or he would be playing under gunn, let alone playing out of his positions on the left !

Spot on!!!

Lappin was and never will be good enough to hold down a regular starting place in any champuionship club. He could do a job maybe as a left back but thats it. I hope he does get a chance so then everyone can see he aint good enough and stop going on about him.

replying to your points:"Why the love?" - because he''s a neat, tidy, quite skillful and loyal  player who has

been badly treated but has also behaved in a much more professional way

than the other players you mention"Couldn''t get in the side ahead of Drury and Bertrand.."  (FOR THE LAST TIME) he is NOT

a full back - he was asked to play there when Drury was injured - and

got roasted for his efforts. He is a left sided midfielder who has

scored goals."isnt good enough or he would be playing under gunn" - maybe he will be someday..... soon.....

[quote user="Binky"]replying to your points:"Why the love?" - because he''s a neat, tidy, quite skillful and loyal  player who has

than the other players you mention[/quote]What makes you think he''s loyal? No-one would pay his oversized wage package more likely

[quote user="Binky"]replying to your points:"Why the love?" - because he''s a neat, tidy, quite skillful and loyal  player who has

than the other players you mention"Couldn''t get in the side ahead of Drury and Bertrand.."  (FOR THE LAST TIME) he is NOT

a full back - he was asked to play there when Drury was injured - and

got roasted for his efforts. He is a left sided midfielder who has

scored goals."isnt good enough or he would be playing under gunn" - maybe he will be someday..... soon.....[/quote]Totally agree Binky, he''s done absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes, and I feel that he has been very hard done by. I''d love to see him get a game and prove a point to everyone and show what we have been missing out on, and maybe saturday will be that chance.

Lappin is a decent enough player, though I would prefer to see Carney given the nod ahead of him. The reason for the ''love'' is mostly out of sympathy for the vindictive, illogical way he was treated by Roeder. It is not true to say he is crap, as some people are. I certainly remember his brilliant goals against Luton, Barnet and Cardiff. The goal against Luton was a critical one in us staying up that season, don''t forget.

Lappin maybe average , but so is everybody else in the City team , deserves as much of a chance as the likes of Fotheringham and Russell .