Sign in to follow this  
Herb

F****** Sky TV.

B*st*rds!As if I didn''t already have enough reasons to hate the fat tax dodging Australian crook after ruining the beautiful game in this country and flooding our television with cheap vacuous rubbish and imported US sh*te...I have a holiday booked with the missus and kids for the end of April. It was more by luck than judgement that when I booked no games were affected. But I was delighted to find that I''d be at Carrow Road for the last home game of the season on the Saturday before heading off on the Monday morning for a week of fun, sun and silliness.The sooner he does a Maxwell and stops polluting our culture the better. Utter cretin.

The problem is the fixture list is meaningless because when Sky shout jump, the clubs and the FA say "how high, sir?"

[quote user="Herb"]B*st*rds!As if I didn''t already have enough reasons to hate the fat tax dodging Australian crook after ruining the beautiful game in this country and flooding our television with cheap vacuous rubbish and imported US sh*te...I have a holiday booked with the missus and kids for the end of April. It was more by luck than judgement that when I booked no games were affected. But I was delighted to find that I''d be at Carrow Road for the last home game of the season on the Saturday before heading off on the Monday morning for a week of fun, sun and silliness.The sooner he does a Maxwell and stops polluting our culture the better. Utter cretin.[/quote]You should do a blog on here[:D]

[quote user="Herb"]The problem is the fixture list is meaningless because when Sky shout jump, the clubs and the FA say "how high, sir?"
[/quote]its all about the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££ that is all footy is these days im affraid

[quote user="Herb"]B*st*rds!
As if I didn''t already have enough reasons to hate the fat tax dodging Australian crook after ruining the beautiful game in this country and flooding our television with cheap vacuous rubbish and imported US sh*te...

I have a holiday booked with the missus and kids for the end of April. It was more by luck than judgement that when I booked no games were affected. But I was delighted to find that I''d be at Carrow Road for the last home game of the season on the Saturday before heading off on the Monday morning for a week of fun, sun and silliness.

The sooner he does a Maxwell and stops polluting our culture the better. Utter cretin.
[/quote]

You forgot destroying the credibility of The Times, but otherwise I totally agree[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

You forgot destroying the credibility of The Times, but otherwise I totally agree[:D]

[/quote]Bloody good point. Used to be the paper of record, now just the Sun with longer words and no titties.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Bloody good point. Used to be the paper of record, now just the Sun with longer words and no titties.[/quote][:D] [:D] [:D]

My only worry is the extra pressure that will now be on the game with everyone else playing on the Saturday.

As if I didn''t already have enough reasons to hate the fat tax dodging Australian crook after ruining the beautiful game in this country and flooding our television with cheap vacuous rubbish and imported US sh*te...

I have a holiday booked with the missus and kids for the end of April. It was more by luck than judgement that when I booked no games were affected. But I was delighted to find that I''d be at Carrow Road for the last home game of the season on the Saturday before heading off on the Monday morning for a week of fun, sun and silliness.

The sooner he does a Maxwell and stops polluting our culture the better. Utter cretin.
[/quote]

They are utter, utter bastardos. There will be loads of people affected by this. I hope you push a claim for full compensation against the club, not only the ticket because also for the special nature of the final home game of the season. You had a ticket and a reasonable expectation of the game taking place on the sheduled day being the final home game, despite their usual get out clauses. But a Monday night FFS! At such a crucial stage of the season it just shouldn''t be allowed because playing after the other rivals will affect our approach to the game ie whether we need to play for a win or just avoid defeat. Completely against the spirit of the competition. Utter Bastardos.

i think some of you should realise SKY have done us a massive favour. Our two best performances and results of the season have been midweek night matches, against promotion chasing teams, so for me im delighted we are playing reading on the monday night. should prove to make a better atmosphere and hopefully a win. cheers SKY

All this slagging off of Sky.......................................just how many of you have sky???   i do, and its the nuts............................

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Bloody good point. Used to be the paper of record, now just the Sun with longer words and no titties.[/quote]Ha Ha that made me chuckle [:D]

well it''s ruined footy, and like it or not, accept it. It''s good that they will show us as we''ll get money from it and raised awareness. I could have been supporting bloody wolves cos of a sky tv game 20 or so (the 4-0 loss to Man U!(self condemmed since day one!)) years ago but for my dad! To be fair, wit footy getting that popular in the rich western world, you can''t have expected everyone to refrain from making money out of it! swings and roundabouts...

I agree although I''m not affected myself.

I feel sorry for the people that organise trips from long distance and might not be able to make a night game.

As if I didn''t already have enough reasons to hate the fat tax dodging Australian crook after ruining the beautiful game in this country and flooding our television with cheap vacuous rubbish and imported US sh*te... [/quote]

That is the best sentence I have ever read on this forum.

As it happens, I can now go to the Reading game whereas I was going to miss it if it had been on the Saturday, but I still agree with you.

While I understand those, whose schedule has been upset, I welcome the fact that I''ll be able to watch this crucial game live in one of the local bars.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]well it''s ruined footy, and like it or not, accept it. It''s good that they will show us as we''ll get money from it and raised awareness. I could have been supporting bloody wolves cos of a sky tv game 20 or so (the 4-0 loss to Man U!(self condemmed since day one!)) years ago but for my dad! To be fair, wit footy getting that popular in the rich western world, you can''t have expected everyone to refrain from making money out of it! swings and roundabouts...
[/quote]

The first Astra Satellite was launched in 1989....

Can''t believe people are still moaning about Sky after all these years, take it away and what have you got? The Blatantly Biased Corporation, Advert TV and shopping channels.

To start with I don''t have Sky. What we have to remember is Sky didn''t force all the FOOTBALL chairmen to take its money, those chairmen grabbed at it with both hands then were happy to sell their clubs down the corporate Sky drain, like our board now. Has the last home game ever been a night match? on a Monday at that? The open day on the Sunday has already cancelled so will the be the normal parade of players round the pitch? If there is what time would it finish 11pm, how about midnight?

I work shifts and miss about a 25% of home games, so to get as much use out of my season ticket I have to book a holiday well in advance if a game clashes with work so this move agreed by the board shows again they care little for the ordinary supporter attending the last home game and maybe the most important game of the season.

Thank you The Smiths, Mr Doncaster & Co for showing what you really think of the clubs real supporters, once you have our season ticket money you don''t give a dam about us.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Had it been on saturday I wouldnt have had a problem getting to the match.

Now the game has been moved I now have to pay £15 to get to Norwich - via train and canary express.

And on top of that I''m gonna be blooming shattered at college next day [:@]

Cheers Sky

sky isnt the nuts.... sky charges you for over 100 COMMERCIAL channels.. the commercials pay for the service.. all you are doing is putting money in Murdochs bank account like the mug that you are!

if Sky didnt get the footy back in 1992 it wouldnt exist today.. other than footy what else does it have? shopping channels, repeats of 20 year old episodes of the simpsons and MTV, which doesnt even play music anymore.. just shows about Hulk Hogan and his spoil family.... basically free view just with 1 huge bonus.....

the fact you can watch pretty much every game for free over the internet makes sky Obsolete now doesnt it?

jas :)

Ah the last day of the season, played in the spring sunshine on a Saturday. Norwich already safe, have a beer in the sun before ambling to the ground......

....oh hang on. Screw the fans. Let''s play it on Monday?!!!!

It''s a shame it''s messed up quite a few plans for people. On the plus side, whilst you are abroad or wherever you can at least catch the game on the telly and you''ll likely be in a nice warm climate eh? Ooooh it''s a hard life [;)]

For me, I''m actually pleased because it means I''ll actually be able to attend the fixture now whereas I''d be working before on the saturday. Good times!

Herb - your posts on this thread have made my day. Not sure if you intended them to be funny but they were [:D]

[quote user="cambscanary"]All this slagging off of Sky.......................................just how many of you have sky???   i do, and its the nuts............................[/quote]No I don''t have Sky, mainly because I have a pricipled objection to the company and it would be hypocritical to give them my money just because I want to watch football.Also, as others have pointed out, the rest of their programmes are laughable in terms of quality, content and number of adverts.15-20 minutes of adverts in a 1hr programme and they have the cheek to charge a monthly subscription? The people that pay that are terminally stupid in my opinion. Do they not realise they''re having the p*ss taken out of them big time?It''s very nice for those that can now make/see the game thanks to this ridiculous fixture change, but I''ve been to every home game this season and had to sit through a lot of crap....the prize at the end for enduring all that was (hopefully) to be there when our safety was confirmed. Now it''s been taken away. Never mind though eh, I''m just one of the mugs that pays for a season ticket every year - didn''t expect Sky to give a flying f*** about that.

[quote user="Kathy"]Herb - your posts on this thread have made my day. Not sure if you intended them to be funny but they were [:D][/quote]Well I try to have a bit of humour in everything I post, cos I''d go nuts otherwise, but I am very angry about it too.As we all know theres nothing quite so funny as seeing someone lose it and go off on one, so I''m glad it''s entertaining [:)]

SKY are pants! And those pants have questionable stains and streaks.....I don''t subscribe, and I can''t say I''m missing anything.

I even struggle with freeview......TV in general in the UK - is absolute ballcocks.....give or take the ''odd'' programme or two....