Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

mathew mills

i think... he was a youngster at a small club who was signed by spurs and then went to man city and then out to donny... once very highly rated but made the mistake many have made and saw the dollar signs.

[quote user="The Chirp"]i think... he was a youngster at a small club who was signed by spurs and then went to man city and then out to donny... once very highly rated but made the mistake many have made and saw the dollar signs.
[/quote]

was a big prospect at Soton, left for Man City but decided he wanted first team football so went to Donny after an original loan period

canary on trent you''re on the ball! where as i am not! it seems i was thinking of leigh mills who was a youngster at spurs who was really highly rated.

Brum have been trying to get him on loan with a view to a permanent since January. Must be hard for the lad ; "do I go to as club that will almost certainly be in the Prem  next year or one that looks odds on to be in League One?". You can see why he can''t decide.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Brum have been trying to get him on loan with a view to a permanent since January. Must be hard for the lad ; "do I go to as club that will almost certainly be in the Prem  next year or one that looks odds on to be in League One?". You can see why he can''t decide.[/quote]The other side of that coin of course is "Do I actually want to play football or just get paid for sitting on another bench ?".  If Birmingham get to the Premiership, they can afford better than decent Donny players in all likelihood.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Beauseant"]Brum have been trying to get him on loan with a view to a permanent since January. Must be hard for the lad ; "do I go to as club that will almost certainly be in the Prem  next year or one that looks odds on to be in League One?". You can see why he can''t decide.[/quote]

The other side of that coin of course is "Do I actually want to play football or just get paid for sitting on another bench ?".  If Birmingham get to the Premiership, they can afford better than decent Donny players in all likelihood.
[/quote]

Fair point.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Beauseant"]Brum have been trying to get him on loan with a view to a permanent since January. Must be hard for the lad ; "do I go to as club that will almost certainly be in the Prem  next year or one that looks odds on to be in League One?". You can see why he can''t decide.[/quote]The other side of that coin of course is "Do I actually want to play football or just get paid for sitting on another bench ?".  If Birmingham get to the Premiership, they can afford better than decent Donny players in all likelihood.[/quote]

Fair point.

[/quote]To be fair, most modern footballers that aren''t quite good enough for the Premiership seem to prefer sitting down a for a living - working as I occasionally do in IT, between posts on here, I can sympathise I suppose.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Beauseant"]Brum have been trying to get him on loan with a view to a permanent since January. Must be hard for the lad ; "do I go to as club that will almost certainly be in the Prem  next year or one that looks odds on to be in League One?". You can see why he can''t decide.[/quote]

The other side of that coin of course is "Do I actually want to play football or just get paid for sitting on another bench ?".  If Birmingham get to the Premiership, they can afford better than decent Donny players in all likelihood.
[/quote]

Fair point.

[/quote]

To be fair, most modern footballers that aren''t quite good enough for the Premiership seem to prefer sitting down a for a living - working as I occasionally do in IT, between posts on here, I can sympathise I suppose.
[/quote]

Sadly that''s true, but I get the impression that McLeish rates the lad highly and sees him as something more than an add on until the end of the season, given the lengthy courtship. I may, of course , be completely wrong about that ![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Fair point.

[/quote]

And apart from this, my friends and family in B-ham say, they will be off loading a few players inc Tiny, and Darren Fergy is being lined up tp replace Mcleash as Manager, the mind boggles he gets them  into the prem they get rid of him, he has upset the fans big time on many occasions.and we thought Roeder was a plonker

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

good player would be very pleased if we signed!

correct me if wrong - but think he was partof man city academy that produced croft, flood etc

[/quote]

just seen other messages - then remembered its saints who produced theo at that sort of time ish