Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

City To Enter The Record Books

With Alan Lee now joining, I can only assume that we are trying to break the world record for number of loans in a season. 

Anyone actually know what the record number of loans in a season is by the way?

[quote user="Saint Canary"]With Alan Lee now joining, I can only assume that we are trying to break the world record for number of loans in a season. 

Anyone actually know what the record number of loans in a season is by the way?
[/quote]

im not sure, but i read yesterday that Alan Mahon was Blackpools 19th (i think) loan signing of this season. Lee takes us to 16 so it looks like we''re gonna miss out on this record!

[quote user="singing canary"]i thought there was a limit to how many you could have in one season ?[/quote]So did I and thought it was 14 but that was obiously incorrect. This loan system is just ridiculous and it makes you wonder if there is any point in trying to build a team nowadays.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="singing canary"]i thought there was a limit to how many you could have in one season ?[/quote]So did I and thought it was 14 but that was obiously incorrect. This loan system is just ridiculous and it makes you wonder if there is any point in trying to build a team nowadays.[/quote]

It seems out of control now.  The fact that Norwich and Blackpool can have over 30 loan players between them is ridiculous.

Well, if Lee plays that will make 33 different players who have appeared for the first team this season (not including subs who have not come on, eg Nelson)

That in itself is crazy.

[quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="singing canary"]i thought there was a limit to how many you could have in one season ?[/quote]So did I and thought it was 14 but that was obiously incorrect. This loan system is just ridiculous and it makes you wonder if there is any point in trying to build a team nowadays.[/quote]

It seems out of control now.  The fact that Norwich and Blackpool can have over 30 loan players between them is ridiculous.

[/quote]The way to get out of relegation mess might rest on who can get in best loan players. You are right it is out of control it''s like musical chairs and difficult to keep track on who is playing for who.

There is such a fuss made about doing away with transfer windows. They do not really matter because loan signings go on well beyond them and majority of clubs are using loan system.

The loan system is never explained, and to the unanitiated is a complete mystery, no-one in authority ever explains it.

Crazy times!

Back in the day loan players would be few and far between and would normally be players to come straight intot he team that were good enough!

The amount of loan players we''ve used this season is the main reason we''re now fighting desperately against relegation!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"] 

Back in the day loan players would be few and far between and would normally be players to come straight intot he team that were good enough!

[/quote]Yeah, like Simon Tracey.

much as we have had to rely on "loons" this season and some have come good for us.. id much rather see the FA put a limit on the TOTAL number of loans in a season.. say for example you can only loan a total of 9 players a season.....

true we''d end up shafted but we''d be able to give the kids a try and it would fee like wtaching "your team" instead of a different face every week.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

much as we have had to rely on "loons" this season and some have come good for us.. id much rather see the FA put a limit on the TOTAL number of loans in a season.. say for example you can only loan a total of 9 players a season.....

true we''d end up shafted but we''d be able to give the kids a try and it would fee like wtaching "your team" instead of a different face every week.

jas :)

[/quote]

Why stop at 9?