Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Welcome Alan.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Before he was a footballer - didn''t he play guitar for ''Ten Years After?''[/quote]

No, that was his brother Alvin.

Don''t know whether Alan walks on gilded splinters too[:D]

[/quote]

Did Ten Years After cover that? I can only remember Marsha Hunt''s version.
In fact, the only thing I remeber Alvin Lee doing was:

"Goin'' home"
(turning Japanese face accompanied by 90 mph guitar riff)
"Goin'' home"
repeat ad nauseam (although I enjoyed it at the time)

[/quote]

Its my age Ron! You''re right, it was Humble Pie, although I always felt that Dr John''s version was the best.

Agree about Alvin. Always felt it was speed over feeling, but as you say, at the time.....

I agree %100, like Gunn I have always thought he was a really good center forward,strong,quick and will chase and unsettle defenders all game long, I have no time for the narrow minded supporters who say they will boo him whatever he does......get a life, Ipswich only matters for 2 games of the season so forget about it....................and I would much rather see Alan Lee in our side than Jamie ( I bleed yellow and green ) Cureton or Carl ( i,m tired ) Cort....think about it, it,s a no brainer.What we need is the best for our team, i,ve been unsure of Gunny so far and thought he was a poor choice as Manager but brave decisions like this and bringing in Mooney and McDonald are changing my mind 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

And the best of luck mate, if, as I suspect, you do well, please remember that some of us City fans actually would like you to be here on a full time basis.

Now go get em''.[Y]

[/quote]

Spot on, very good player,welcome!

Good luck Alan Lee, big bloke, decent player, can knock the defense about a bit for us, Who gives a stuff he used to play for Ipswich? certainly not me, like he said it''s just a job!

this thread is rapidly becoming hilarious......Through growing up in a different part of the country/being in self induced exile from UK etc i have managed to miss the greatest moments of NCFC (pf my generation) and endured most of the dross (missed the UEFA run, finally signed up to UEA just to watch City 99-2002, then in 2003 was off to far east and missed our brief stint back in the big time)......and throughout that time a few legends came and went.......well one of these legends was IWAN.......,much like Malky, a no nonsense, heart on his sleeve style player........but lets face it no world beater "(without him we would have gone down, yes... and i am a huge fan of the man, probably contrary to this message!) and was exactly what was needed at the time and position of the club.For a man with the user name IWAN to slate Alan Lee is insanity in itself.......Neither of them would ever make it in the top division of England. Yet....both are very, very useful hold up players in the 2nd division. Lets not forget iwan was awful at wolves before we snapped him up. Alan Lee will no doubt get abuse if he looks like hes not performing due to his blue connections, but we have to remember the man is a professional footballer and as such has no loyalty to any club whatsoever.....Hes not so old. He should be reasonably cheap, and id much rather take a punt on him than Kuqi.IF he dyes his hair green for the scum game....what then??? Will he get as much admiration as a certain short a*se who came through our youth system, yet is a Bristol Rovers fan (yep,that lot that roll their R''s.....) contrary to what the City media would have you all believe. I have absolutely no doubt that a professional footballer has much better and better looking things to be doing in his free time than come on here, but if by some fluke the man is reading through these messages i welcome him whole heartedly and hope he scores the winner down the portaloo.....OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Iwan_09"]

This is laughable. Why are we constantly bringing in this filth?

Where is this club I was once obsessed with going? It speaks volumes that we are getting outbid by clubs like Peterborough for players (Lee Frecklington) and we now have to resort to uninspiring dross like Alan Lee.

Bring back David Nielson all is forgiven.

[/quote]

This is a thread to welcome OUR new signing Alan Lee, if you don''t like this, then why not just shut your gob or post in another Lee thread on here.

[/quote]

lol blimey mate your very positive today, keep it up [Y]

Go get ''em'' tiger [:D]

[quote user="6088m canary"]but we have to remember the man is a professional footballer and as such has no loyalty to any club whatsoever.....

[/quote]

That is quite a sweeping statement and also extremely inaccurate !  I''m sure the likes of Steve Bull, Ryan Giggs and quite a few more I, and others, could mention would strongly disagree.

Well lets be fair here......Giggs??? Im pretty sure any footballer could be loyal to the greatest team on the planet?!?!?!?Bruce? Where is he from? How long did he play for his boyhood team (was it utd? if so, its the same argument)?Of course its a generalisation but lets use some actual decent examples....Bircham at QPR being the most obvious of recent times.....prepared to drop a division and pay packet to join his family team.Now that is a fan..I can honestly say hand on heart i would play a whole career at City even if i had the talenty to turn out week  out week in in the Nou Camp or anywhere else......but then we are fans.We have to face the facts that we are fans and not pros.......And more than likely if we had the ability to play for barca we wouldnt stick around in norfolk either!!!One player i respected and then hated in equal measure was a certain Jon Salako...i will never forget his quote "all fans are idiots" ... (well at least along those lines)....and he has a point.IF you work in N.U and someone from another insurance company comes in offering you more money,less hours and better promotion prospects, what do you do???Footballers are no better or worse.....just we have such a passion for our clubs that we expect them to understand (which 99.99% of the time they couldnt possibly)Anyways my good man,.... the point of this is that Alan Lee should not be given a hard time for the fact he used to wear a binmans outift complete with the back to front hat.He obviously has about as much affinity for them as both you and I!!!!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="rjwc22"]Much the same way that the moaning about the ambition of signing an unfit reading reserve stopped after 90 mins![/quote]lol..yep[/quote]

You may like to savour one particular pearl of wisdom in this thread!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1574683/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]lmfoa...how much is GOW getting slated..."NOT GOOD ENOUGH"    "LOOKS LIKE AN ENGLAND CRICKETER"(my fav that one lol) so so many..lol

Have to agree that this could be a very useful signing and lets face it....we are a championship team struggling both financially and on the field too so why do we expect to get premiership centre forwards (who Roeder tried to use) when we struggle to outbid League 1 teams financially. He has always been a good championship forward and I''d take 1goal in every 3 games if our defence stays as tight as it has been recently.

I couldn''t care less what colours he has worn before (its just a job to him) because if it is his goals that keep us in the Championship (or his presence in our box defending)he will have been a great signing.

Wizard - you bore me

6088m canary - Don''t compare Alan ''I can run 100m in two years'' Lee to Iwan Roberts

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

Wizard - you bore me

6088m canary - Don''t compare Alan ''I can run 100m in two years'' Lee to Iwan Roberts

[/quote]

Err? Okay. [:D]

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

Wizard - you bore me

[/quote]

If my mind serves me correctly the first season Iwan was here he was two stone over wieght, and couldn''t trap his finger in a door, let alone a ball. The crowd were regularly on his back and general opinion was he was a waste of money. Next year, he was a different player, lost the weight and was scoring regularly. All of a sudden the mans a legend. Malkey was the same first season a fringe player who was ordinary, he then developed. I appreciate we haven''t got that long with Lee, and he needs to settle in quickly, but he''s halfway there, he knows the area,  having played for the binners and he can go home to his family every night which means alot.

My point, wizard is right, welcome the man,

Iwan; don''t be so blinkered to what went on in the past, even your legend Iwan wasn''t very good when he started here, and he came from the other enemy WOLVES! But i suppose this can be brushed over, eh? my fickle friend !   

I''m going to go against the majority here and stick my neck on the line.  I don''t think Alan Lee is a good signing, yes he could be everything we need, but in my opinion he over-achieved at Ipswich and has done little since.  He could be a revelation, but I believe that he will turn out to be yet another flop in a relatively poor transfer season.I''m willing to be proven wrong but I don''t think I will be.Also, I do believe that he was one of the most hated Ipswich players during his time at the club, and I honestly think that although it doesn''t cloud my judgment on how well he will do at the club, it does affect how I think about him whatever you say about the fact that he now plays for us.

News reported in the Guardian''s fiver football email as:

Groundsmen at Carrow Road are reinforcing the pitch with Extra Special Heavy Duty Turf after Norwich signed big-boned Crystal Palace lummox Alan Lee on loan.

For what it''s worth, I''d rather have as many options as possible given the situation we''re in and we might as well get them in as quick as possible if there''s anybody out there that will join us on loan...

Completely off topic, but it''s not worth a separate thread and I don''t know that many people that will be amused by this apart from those reading on here (I live in Belgium): I''m playing an old version of Football Manager - 2005/6 season game. Started a new game relatively recently so am only two seasons in - decided to work my way up from the bottom leagues so am not managing Norwich. Jose Mourinho has just been fired by Chelsea and replaced with "the hugely experienced Nigel Worthington", who had taken us straight back up, had a good season back in the prem and lost the FA cup final on penalties to Liverpool. In his stead Norwich now have someone who is also Italy manager part time and the squad is awesome. If only things had turned out that way...

Tell you what Wiz, i didn''t expect you to react like this, much more the opposite.It''s really hard for me to say if this is a good signing or not - but i''d rather him be playing for us against the scum than against us like last season. Although he wouldn''t be anyway, since he was at Palace. My point still stands. [;)]

Welcome Alan

I wonder if we will get to actually keep any of these loan players...........

[quote user="Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar"]

Malkey was the same first season a fringe player who was ordinary, he then developed.

[/quote]

He did?

It''s looking very much as if Sheffield Wednesday was one of the clubs that Mr Lee turned down.  One of the Sheffield Star lads believes that is the case.  Laws has been moaning on all day about how he thought a deal had been done but they lost the player to another club "for more money."

Welcome Alan Lee[:)]

Ladies - quite pleasing on the eye dont you think? [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Welcome Alan Lee[:)]

Ladies - quite pleasing on the eye dont you think? [:)]

[/quote]

Is that - to an easily pleased eye?......I see....

No, I meant this

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/Norwich%20City%20Pics/lee.png[/IMG]

This has to be the 1st time I can remember a player has come to us becasue of our location! Its normally what puts them off.