Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Welcome Alan.

And the best of luck mate, if, as I suspect, you do well, please remember that some of us City fans actually would like you to be here on a full time basis.

Now go get em''.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

And the best of luck mate, if, as I suspect, you do well, please remember that some of us City fans actually would like you to be here on a full time basis.

Now go get em''.[Y]

[/quote]

Wiz in welcome to new striker shock!!!![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Now go get em''.[Y]

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

I always rated him Beauseant, but the club he played for made it impossible to like him..............now I get the best of two worlds.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Now go get em''.[Y]

[/quote]

I really hope this works out for him and us. Think he''s a good player on his day and could form a decent partnership with Mooney if we can get his loan extended.. Gow can then play as an attacking midfielder.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I should add, that I now believe that any extension of Moony''s loan is now dead in the water.[/quote]

I thought Gunn had said agreed but could not ratify for another couple of weeks. Or did I dream that.

I think he will be agood addition the the squad in the closing stages of the season. He will not come cheap he is ahigh wage earner and Palace have been keen to off load him for a while

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I should add, that I now believe that any extension of Moony''s loan is now dead in the water.[/quote]

I thought Gunn had said agreed but could not ratify for another couple of weeks. Or did I dream that.

[/quote]I seriously hope we keep Mooney - he is inevitably the key to our survival.You have to admit, Lee and Mooney upfront with Gow just behind them in a gap is a stupidly good attacking strikeforce!I, like Wiz, have always liked Lee as a player -  and would very much like it if he grabbed a couple against Ipswich [;)]

I''m not as high on him as most people. At best I think he could serve as valuable cover for Gow and Mooney. But like those two and a host of others he''ll only be gone at the end of the season.

I am a massive supporter of Gunn and most of the players he has bought in. This is a decent enough signing, but he is nowhere near the quality player that some people have been suggesting on this message board. I don''t care for Ippy, but he didn''t exactly set the world alight there contrary to popular belief. Has he really been a handful against us, or has poor defending in the past led to him being made to look better than he actually is?

I urged everyone to give Mooney a chance and he is delivering the goods as I predicted. I hope Lee can do the same, but there''s better players in the squad by far.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Now go get em''.[Y]

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

I always rated him Beauseant, but the club he played for made it impossible to like him..............now I get the best of two worlds.

[/quote]

Totally agree Wiz, I think its a very good signing.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Although you seem to have been overdoing the substance abuse in recent weeks you didn''t dream it![:P] The one about Smudger and the people with flaming torches and pitchforks was, however,simply a product of your overworked subconscious[:D]

For what its worth, I suspect the problem is Cort''s dodgy knee, rather than Mooney.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Yes a hat trick in the derby will silence any critics![/quote]a goal in the DERBY and we win 1:0 will silence any critics...infact a goal in any game/games and we win should shut a few people up..but there will still be the MOANERS

Much the same way that the moaning about the ambition of signing an unfit reading reserve stopped after 90 mins!

i really hope it was the east anglian air that gave him such a good scoring record at ipswich .

i hope im proved wrong and he proves to be a wise move unlike killen .

im not sure his later scoring tally doesnt inspire me with other clubs , yet i hope hes hungry to get one over on ipswich to prove a point that they shouldnt have sold him .

good luck though alan , i really hope you find your scoring touch with us.

[quote user="singing canary"]

i really hope it was the east anglian air that gave him such a good scoring record at ipswich .

i hope im proved wrong and he proves to be a wise move unlike killen .

im not sure his later scoring tally doesnt inspire me with other clubs , yet i hope hes hungry to get one over on ipswich to prove a point that they shouldnt have sold him .

good luck though alan , i really hope you find your scoring touch with us.

[/quote]

Heskey is a very good player without a great scoring tally, I think this could be a very good signing shame not full time in jan but a good move again Gunn

Does this mean Cort is done then? Either he''s done in again, or Gunn is planning to drop Gow into the Hoolahan role and play Mooney and Lee up front or something along those lines.

I was surprised when I loaded up the homepage, have to say.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Although you seem to have been overdoing the substance abuse in recent weeks you didn''t dream it![:P] The one about Smudger and the people with flaming torches and pitchforks was, however,simply a product of your overworked subconscious[:D]

For what its worth, I suspect the problem is Cort''s dodgy knee, rather than Mooney.

[/quote]

Since the economic downturn I have to make do with sniffing blue tack!

Are you sure about the pitchforks? To quote My Tulip "I could do something very medieval with them and Smudger"

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since the economic downturn I have to make do with sniffing blue tack!

Are you sure about the pitchforks? To quote My Tulip "I could do something very medieval with them and Smudger"

[/quote]

Now there''s something I''d pay to watch! [:D]

This is laughable. Why are we constantly bringing in this filth?

Where is this club I was once obsessed with going? It speaks volumes that we are getting outbid by clubs like Peterborough for players (Lee Frecklington) and we now have to resort to uninspiring dross like Alan Lee.

Bring back David Nielson all is forgiven.

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

Where is this club I was once obsessed with going? It speaks volumes that we are getting outbid by clubs like Peterborough for players (Lee Frecklington) and we now have to resort to uninspiring dross like Alan Lee.

[/quote]

1 goal per 3 games average (for Scum) is not dross.

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

[/quote]

This is a thread to welcome OUR new signing Alan Lee, if you don''t like this, then why not just shut your gob or post in another Lee thread on here.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Before he was a footballer - didn''t he play guitar for ''Ten Years After?''[/quote]

No, that was his brother Alvin.

Don''t know whether Alan walks on gilded splinters too[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Before he was a footballer - didn''t he play guitar for ''Ten Years After?''[/quote]

[/quote]

Alvin? I thought he was with the ''Chipmunks?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Did Ten Years After cover that? I can only remember Marsha Hunt''s version.In fact, the only thing I remeber Alvin Lee doing was:"Goin'' home"(turning Japanese face accompanied by 90 mph guitar riff)"Goin'' home"...........repeat ad nauseam (although I enjoyed it at the time)