Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Call me negative...

But should we put the R next to us in the table now?

Ok maybe that''s harsh and I''m just p*ss*ed off right now, but 1-0 up with minutes to spare, against 10 men, and we leave Helveg on the bench but bring on attackers? When it would of been an idea to actually use one of our biggest signings in recent years to help tighten up the defence?

I''m sorry, but we should of won today. The team deserved to be booed off the pitch as they were.

I think the poor substitutions made the difference and also a lack of leadership on the field - that comes down to the coaching staff and then the captaincy on the field - I think alot of the booing was targeted at the bench.

The captain should be a player with Premiership experience such as Hux or Charlton. IMO. no disrespect to Drury. He is a great player but i feel he is more the player that is lead by others.

looks that way... for a few weeks now, ive gradually been worn down by the lack of anything resembling a win, and i think were a fair bet to go the season without one.. no wins in the first twelve is a disgraceful statistic, and not one that can be lightly swept under the carpet. Todays horror show was humiliating, we were second best to a team that is bottom of the league, 10 men at that, and  frankly, everyone expected the equaliser. The booing at the end was thoroughly deserved for a spineless display on the pitch and a clueless display off it.  The more it looks as if weve been trying to do the premierl league on the cheap, and that just doesnt work. After 12 games the honeymoons over. Whatever league you happen to be in losing is not a nice feeling. At this moment in time were a laughing stock, and i dont take kindly to  derision.  

First week in November and yes put that R there , cant see us getting 30 points let alone 40. Most of our summer signings are not even involved Bentley ,Safri, Doherty,Helveg , yet we give 45 mins to Henderson who wasnt up to scratch a division lower. How can a manager bring in so many players who cant make the side ? . Looks like we will get one record this season , Swindons unwanted one.

Disgracefull. I want to be the first to officially say it WORTHY OUT! Forget about the players not being good enough. I think most of them are. What is not good enough is the management. Great job in getting us here and for all the work over the past 3 years but i think its time to say goodbye as they cannot cut it in this league. How long are we gonna have to put up with Worthingtons same old excuses every week and dont get me started on Gary Holt......

Lets be honest - the reality is that a/some of our players are simply not good enough

b/ Our coaching techniques are not good enough and

c/ Our Manager is not good enough (certainly not with his                  substitutions) He most certainly cost us the game today with his inept and unbelievable substitutions and must be held responsible.

I know we are all very disappointed at not winning yet again and I know we have much to thank Worthy for but something has to give before it is too late and the buck has to stop at the man in charge. We cannot even contemplate relegation so we must make sure it does not happen even if it results in a change of regime.

OTBC for ever. 

i can only hope that after being at every home game for the last four seasons that what we produced on the pitch today against a very poor blackburn side was nothing sort of disgraceful.i really do not know what nigel was thinking about when he brought the little choir boy on(Henderson) at half time,he could not cut it in the first div let alone in the premier, and as for subbing leon again what has the bloke got to do to get a full game i feel that he will be slightly p****d off considering that mcveigh didnt touch the ball for the time he was on the pitch.i feel that today summed up what happened at cardiff on2002 play off final ,off with performing players to shut up shop which once again did not pay off

Many of the comments have hit the nail on the head. To see Henderson come on in front of Helveg,Mulryne or McVeigh shows exactly where Worthington is coming from with his work ethic unfortunately at this level you need a sprinkling of skill.

I now feel that Worthington has taken the club as far as he can with what is available to him (molded in the Howard Wilkinson technique). The coaching staff appear not to be able to teach the simple technique of passing and keeping the ball preferring the high ball to short forwards.Tactically we are inept. Defensively we are far too short in stature.

There is obviously something drastically wrong in a team that can only perform in one half of a game (and not only this season) whether it is fitness levels,training techniques,food or the fear of a good kick up the backside we desperately lack a captain to shout and encourage. Never mind they are all good eggs off the field.

I will continue to support the team but if we continue in this manner playing the likes of Henderson who could not cope in the first division it will be back to Kids for a Quid.

Rob Henry, Knowhatimean, Ady Brennan....... Totally agree with all 3 of you. Its time for drastic change at the club and im sorry to say it but that means worthy has got to go. Hes done a fantastic job over the past few seasons but i feel he has reached his limit and taken the club as far as he can. If we are to stand any chance of getting us out of this mess then the board need to act straight away and get a manager with premiership experience to lead us to safety. Its no use waiting untill January to see "where we''re at" as its plainly obvious to everyone that this will be to late. Thanks for everything you''ve done Nigel and good luck in the future, i just hope the future is not with Norwich City.

Unfortunately I have to agree that it was a very dissappointing match - we will never know, but our two substitutions were questionable and we went downhill from the time that McVeigh came on - did he actually touch the ball at any time? I actually don''t know where we go from here

Sack Worthington? I hope this is a wind up.

What planet are you lot on? If it wasn''t for Nigel Worthington, we wouldn''t be in the Premiership...just remember that. Where were we when Worthington took over? That''s right, in a relegation scrap at the bottom of the First Division. Ok, so our start has been poor, but we could EASILY, very EASILY be sitting in mid-table. It''s not like we''re getting absolutely hammered most games, so to ask for Worthington to be replaced is an utter joke.You''re probably the same retards calling for millions to be spent on transfers...well, just a bit of information for you here; if you haven''t got millions to spend, how can you spend it? If you haven''t got Premiership quality players, you don''t have Premiership quality players. Quite simple isn''t it? Nigel Worthington has done a fantastic job for our club, and no doubt, if we go down, and come back up, you''ll be praising Worthington as a great manager...

Knee-jerk reactions lead to clubs in administration...not gonna happen to us.

There is nobody better than worthy that would want the job. Keep the faith or the players will lose all self belief and its not even half way through the season. We cant write ourselves off now. We will have to find hope somehow

I hate the idea of agreeing with mr "rosy specs" campbell so I wont.

But neither will I agree with the rest of you. We were poor today we didn''t create much we didn''t hold the ball up and eventually we threw away the lead end of story. Worthington has got us here and he will ultimately take us down (without a miracle), but he will be our manager unless he chooses to leave. I would agree that the honeymoon is certainly over and he has to start showing he is up to managing a team in the premiership. The gloves are off and he is no longer beyond criticism. But get real people he will be our manager all we can hope is that he is learning from his mistakes and at some point Gary Holt will be warming the bench allowing someone on the pitch who can pass and hold the ball up.

We need to pull together but that doesn''t mean we cannot criticise.

I very much doubt we would get promoted next season if we went down and anyone who thinks we will has a screw lose.

Sutton in Jan is all we can pray for.

Listen here Campbell. If you read what I have said and what others have said on this site you will see that we have all stated that the manager has done an excellent job over the past 3 years in taking the club from a relegation dogfight in Div 1 to the Championship last season. But he has now had an ample amount of time to prove his worth in the premiership. We have to stay in the Premiership this season. We cannot even contemplate relegation as it is more than likely that it would mean another long spell in the wilderness again, I just dont think it is a said and done issue that we would bounce back straight away like we thought we would last time we went down. (remember the t-shirts the club sold?)

Regarding your comments labelling us as ''retards who are calling for millions to be spent on transfers'' I would just like to say that spending millions is not the answer. We cannot make that sort of gamble. I think we have the quality already in the squad maybe less a proven goalscorer. But another point against Worthington is what he did with the little money we had to spend in the summer. He purchased 6 outfield players in the summer. He uses only Charlton and only recently Jonson. I know he has made some very shrewd signings in the past but also some shockers and can we really trust him to use what little we have available come January to bring in a quality acquisuition (Do you know what that means Campbell) or will the player just become another unused subsititute.

If I were you Campbell I would have a look at Palace. They have not spent much either but when they play they play with a passion that has been missing from our team in recent weeks for the duration of the whole 90 mins. They have been playing so well lately from the first whistle to the last and they dont have a team full of Premiership quality players. They do however have a coach who seems to have what it takes at this level to get the best out of his players which we sadly do not

So My friend. before you start slagging people off for having an opinion, try and look at things objectively rather than through yellow and green tinted glasses like a lot of other subscribers to these boards.

Cheers

Well said Rob and it is always good to see some reasonable arguments on the site rather than the immature attacks on certain posters by some of our Junior members.

I watched MOTD last night and quite frankly on the highlights shown of our match and that of Crystal Palace, we should perhaps take a look at the way Dowie has got his team working as a unit.  There was so much passion and commitment from the Palace players and they were unlucky not to get a winner.  They were up against the top side who had 11 men on the field, we were playing the bottom side with 10 men for half the match.

Man for man we probably have as many talented players at City, but it is the selection of the right players on the day, getting the tactics right,  and getting them to perform as a team that counts. 

The booing at the end of yesterday''s game was always likely to happen because not for the first time this season we have seen an inferior side come to Carrow Road and get a result they didn''t deserve.  The supporters are frustrated because we should have beaten Palace, Villa, Everton and Blackburn, however, we only have 3 points from those games.

Worthy is going to get even more booing if he continues to stick with players who are struggling with their form.  I agree it doesn''t achieve anything, but surely he must realise that supporters who have been watching football before he was even born, can see players on the pitch who are not performing, yet they are picked week in week out.  A good manager would rest those players for a couple of games to let them get their confidence back in the reserves.

There is still plenty of time to turn it around. Look at Palace 3 weeks ago, odds on to get relegated then 2 wins and a draw and they are climbing the league.  Worthy still has the backing of the majority of supporters, myself included, but he needs to make some changes to the side soon. 

If you are reading this Nigel, then try dropping Holt for Safri, put Shackell in as a centre back, play McKenzie for 90 minutes, and play Bentley on the right in place of Johnsson.   If this works and we move up the table, I''m prepared to give up my day job and join your coaching staff.

Well said Rob.

I don''t necessarily agree with the Worthy out sentiments, but your line of reasoning and argument is spot on.

Yesterday for the first time, we looked like a team that did not believe that we could win that game - and the manager obviously felt the same - I mean, McVeigh for McKenzie - what planet is he on????

I am now beginning to understand Worthington''s man management psychology...He obviously thinks that by bringing in Henderson it will make internationals of the likes of Helveg and Safri sit up and realise that experience and reputation count for nothing.   Helveg must be so impressed with his agent at the moment - one minute you''re captain of your country and playing in stadiums such as the San Siro and the like, next minute you''re making sandwiches at Colney whilst a 19 (and apologies for getting Henderson''s age wrong if I have) year old kid get into the starting line up...I would be SOOOOO motivated by that.

Worthington IS in danger now - once the fans turn restless the momentum will grow - but at this point in the season we do not need a knee jerk reaction, there is precious little managerial talent out there - and we do not need the likes of Hoddle at the club!

The table is so tight at the bottom at the moment and we do not need to see a gap opening between 3rd & 4th from bottom - look how Palace are flying now after a couple of confidence building wins - they should have beaten Arsenal yesterday...

Motivation and hard work is what is needed - give Safri, Helveg, Jonson etc a long enough run in the team to get themselves established and used to the pace of the Premiership.

I agree that Worthy is making some weird decisions at the moment, but I don''t agree that sacking him is the answer.  That will just make matters a whole lot worse.

Lets just hope that he learns from his mistakes and we only see Hendo for 10 - 15 minute spells in the future, which is fair when trying to mould a youngster.

The comments about McVeigh upfront are quite amusing as lots of people a couple of games back were calling for McVeigh upfront over the underperforming McKenzie, then when he is brought on it was the worst managerial decision ever, lol.  See how opinions can change and so can form. 

Yes, I agree with most of the points raised on this post - I, unfortunately, have had to say it all before (see Coaching in the Premiership 26/10/04) and only just wish Worthy would take some notice of what is often very good sense from some of us wannaby managers!  I know we are not privy to all the things that go on in the football club,and nor we should be but I have attended many training sessions at Colney and while the atmosphere is good and everybody seems to be having a good time, I wonder if this is the right course of action in getting your team up to Premiership standards.  From the evidence on the pitch sometimes, perhaps it is not.  I feel that when I was involved with coaching youngsters, we gave them a much harder time and they enjoyed it by getting good results! (remember Ron Saunders??)

Perhaps the current players are treated a bit too soft and with their grossly inflated pay packets and egos, some of them need to guided back to reality - That, I would say is the job of Worthy and his coaching staff!  Get tough and mean it!

OTBC for ever

Rob, just for your information I think you''ll find Palace have spent about four times the amount we have, and West Brom (whom you don''t mention, admittedly) about 5+ times what we have spent.  (Earnshaw cost them 3.5 million alone, nearly double our spendings on one player).  This won''t probably alter your opinions whatsoever, but I thought you might like to know anyway.

Susie made her point well FatMAn and you, in your clumsy attempt to add a conclusion to it, once again leave thought process parked out back. WBA, having spent 5 times as much as us, reside one point above us and with a worse goal difference. That might be worth mentioning when 38 games have been played, but looks foolish 12 games in. If one was seeking a conclusion at this stage, one might conclude what the Baggies did was a waste of money.

Let''s change the subject back to the topic, so that this doesn''t become another Yankee-Man / Fat-Man spat...

And let me add that I am shocked by some of the fickle and narrow views in this thread...

12 games ago, we knew it was a fight between us, Palace and West Brom for survival.  Nothing has changed there.  We should count ourselves lucky that the relegation fight has drawn in Blackburn and Southampton, too, thus creating our own little mini-league for survival.  Let''s keep in mind too that we are damn lucky that until now lots of teams are averaging one point a game or less - something which increases our chances of survival this year.  Let me add that at this point in time I believe that we have a better chance of survival than before the season started.  It would certainly be worth a flutter, in my books...

No bad draw at home against a 10-man Blackburn team is going to convince me that we aren''t going to cut the mustard in this league.  Bad, narrow comments on this board are going to convince me that our supporters are not so worthy of the No. 13 shirt than I had thought.

WORTHY IN!

well said Flick Fleck.

If WBA have spent 5 times the cash we have and are only 1 point above us, I know which club I would rather have shares in.

Its not about the cash, but it is about building a squad that has enough quality - currently we do have quality at the club but are not playing it.

The coaching needs to improve in the area of passing, player movement, individual responsibility and defensive organisation.

Our current squad is good enough to stay up, a striker who can finish would help, but we do have the players here - its just that we are not playing our best 11 or in their best positions.

OTBC

I think that Worthington needs to stand up and take responsibility. I am fed up with him coming out no matter what the performance saying we''ve done ourselves proud, we''ve played well etc etc. I''d be much more happy for him to say, yes, we''ve played badly, we need to improve. Maybeit will give the players a bit of realisation.

And he needs to be actually take deisions. Is he not man enough to drop Holt?

Changes need to be made, and the sooner Worthington realises this, the better.

[quote]Its not about the cash, but it is about building a squad that has enough quality - currently we do have quality at the club but are not playing it. The coaching needs to improve in the area of passi...[/quote]

zipper says it all, we are not going to spend big, i doubt we will get anyone in jan to be honest.

i have said all this before and will repeat again, i don''t want worthy out, he has many great qualities,  unfortunately at the moment they don''t seem to be evident for 90 minutes on a football field

he needs to seriously consider his tactics, football philosophy and what is needed in this league.

on the positive side he has

huckerby, greeno (for a while anyway),

he has jonson and helveg, safri and bentley, they haven''t been given a real chance yet, whilst his perennial favourite holt has played every game

worthy needs to get in a good footballing coach as his number two (dave williams is already at the club, promote him!)

work rate needs to become the ''new swear box'' word, if we all put in a quid everytime he says it, we will be able to buy him a new striker! (though if he picks our best eleven and teaches them to pass the ball properly we won''t need to)

several excellent threads today about our wonderful club, that we all love and passionately want to do well, but saturday was unacceptable and more of it will lead to disillusionment, further lack of confidence in the players and the inevitable downward spiral

we know we are as good as palace, blackburn etc if we play proper football and are positive

yes, the subs on saturday were appallling and we deserved to only get a draw, i actually applauded blackburn''s goal, sorry, but they deserved it.